ADVERTISEMENT

Alinia Habba

Ohhhh Mensa...You mean Antifa potato... patato

EwaVxfyW8AUEurm
Collection of people at a UFC fight?

• Haha
Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Do you really seek out The Rock for political insights? Or Joe Rogan, for that matter.

Do you really support the guy that just gave Iran access to another 10 billion...
"Support" depends on what the choices are. I didn't support Biden at all, until it was a choice of him or Trump.

To be clear I'd prefer just about ANYONE over Trump, the man most unfit to hold office in the history of the USA.

hell.. give me OJ Simpson over 45. Give me Jared from Subway.

Do you really seek out The Rock for political insights? Or Joe Rogan, for that matter.
I have heard more thoughtful, nuanced, political conversations on Joe Rogan than I have ever heard on cable news or read in the pages of a newspaper.

That's not to discredit those writing articles or appearing on cable news. It's to illustrate that long form conversations like one's Joe Rogan has lend themselves much better to exploring political intricacies in depth and exposing holes in one's POV. I've seen Joe Rogan make people like Dave Rubin, Steven Crowder and Candace Owens look utterly foolish when they come in with pre-prepared talking points with no depth. And Joe is an excellent interviewer.

You don't get the same thing from a 5 minute cable news hit, or a written article with no rebuttal. Long form exposes whether someone is FOS or actually has thought through what they're talking about.

I have heard more thoughtful, nuanced, political conversations on Joe Rogan than I have ever heard on cable news or read in the pages of a newspaper.

That's not to discredit those writing articles or appearing on cable news. It's to illustrate that long form conversations like one's Joe Rogan has lend themselves much better to exploring political intricacies in depth and exposing holes in one's POV. I've seen Joe Rogan make people like Dave Rubin, Steven Crowder and Candace Owens look utterly foolish when they come in with pre-prepared talking points with no depth. And Joe is an excellent interviewer.

You don't get the same thing from a 5 minute cable news hit, or a written article with no rebuttal. Long form exposes whether someone is FOS or actually has thought through what they're talking about.
And that is why he has the Number 1 podcast on the planet.

Nah this is the doozie...No No No. LMAO

Your post is the perfect answer to the Jeopardy question...

What is an obvious deflection (and totally irrelevant) to the original post I (ftw) feel compelled to reply to?

Runnerup...

Who can I find that is stupid enough to "like" a ridiculous post with absolutely nothing to do with a thread on Alina Habba?

And that is why he has the Number 1 podcast on the planet.
I'd say that it shows there are a lot of stupid people in the US, if you're listing the reason a bozo like Rogan has the #1 podcast...

What exactly screams to you that he has anything above average intelligence? That's certainly the overwhelming perception I got from watching all those episodes of "Fear Factor". :rolleyes:

He's apparently a marketing genius, although a lot of the folks who seem to believe he has any amount of political insight are likely still waiting for the "Red Wave" to hit...

So you've had no issue touting his predicitons. But do you have any examples where with regards to political predictions he's been correct?

I'd say that it shows there are a lot of stupid people in the US, if you're listing the reason a bozo like Rogan has the #1 podcast...

What exactly screams to you that he has anything above average intelligence? That's certainly the overwhelming perception I got from watching all those episodes of "Fear Factor". :rolleyes:

He's apparently a marketing genius, although a lot of the folks who seem to believe he has any amount of political insight are likely still waiting for the "Red Wave" to hit...

So you've had no issue touting his predicitons. But do you have any examples where with regards to political predictions he's been correct?

He’s an engaging personality who lets people talk. I’d take him over ANY person from all the far left garbage you cite on here. There’s no pretense with Joe Rogan.

Hell I love Dana white. Says what he thinks. Direct and no bs

Your post is the perfect answer to the Jeopardy question...

What is an obvious deflection (and totally irrelevant) to the original post I (ftw) feel compelled to reply to?

Runnerup...

Who can I find that is stupid enough to "like" a ridiculous post with absolutely nothing to do with a thread on Alina Habba?
Pure stupid can be viewed in your mirror.

You’re ignorant on this issue. You’re citing secondary sources and not listening to his podcast.

Rogan does not claim to be a political prognosticator or an expert in anything other than comedy, martial arts, and maybe nutrition. He interviews people from a “common man” perspective, asks follow up questions, and sometimes challenges his guests. He never claims to be the smartest guy in the room, often referring to himself as a dummy or “just a comic.”

What you miss is that his appeal and popularity isn’t based on his own opinions or ostentatious, desperate attempt to be thought of as oh-so-smart—hey there, Rachel Maddow! Instead, it’s that he lets whomever is on his show talk for a long time, fleshing out their opinions. Some of these people you might agree with (Rogan had Bernie on and supported him), some you might not.

But only stupid or dishonest people conflate the opinions of Rogan with those of his guests or impugn him for “platforming” people with unpopular opinions. And only ignorant people think there aren’t good Rogan episodes out there.

Don’t be one of those people.

ETA:

Here’s a list of some of his more interesting interviews. Find a person you find interesting and listen. You might like it:

Last edited:
You’re ignorant on this issue. You’re citing secondary sources and not listening to his podcast.

Rogan does not claim to be a political prognosticator or an expert in anything other than comedy, martial arts, and maybe nutrition. He interviews people from a “common man” perspective, asks follow up questions, and sometimes challenges his guests. He never claims to be the smartest guy in the room, often referring to himself as a dummy or “just a comic.”

What you miss is that his appeal and popularity isn’t based on his own opinions or ostentatious, desperate attempt to be thought of as oh-so-smart—hey there, Rachel Maddow! Instead, it’s that he lets whomever is on his show talk for a long time, fleshing out their opinions. Some of these people you might agree with (Rogan had Bernie on and supported him), some you might not.

But only stupid or dishonest people conflate the opinions of Rogan with those of his guests or impugn him for “platforming” people with unpopular opinions. And only ignorant people think there aren’t good Rogan episodes out there.

ETA:

Here’s a list of some of his more interesting interviews. Find a person you find interesting and listen. You might like it:

I don't agree with him, but he is a very interesting guy.

My favorite pod he's done is probably Snowden (he's actually done two with him). Both, I thought, were well done.

He was kind of funny on “News Radio”. But, so was Andy Dick.
Again, I can take or leave Rogan himself. I wouldn't pay to see his comedy show.

But he does long form interviews and he will let people of all stripes talk for hours. It's rare and needed.

Reactions: jet812

ETA:

Not sure why you assume I've never heard a Rogan podcast? I never said it was horrible, but imho it's not worthy of all the hype. I never said it was "bad" and he has some worthwhile topics. But when it comes to politics, there are probably at least 10 other podcasts I'd rate as more politically astute...

Why do you think he's every right winger's ideal podcaster? And I'm not the one citing his abilties to predict anything or relying on secondary sources. This is a thread about Alinia Habba, not Joe Rogan and I'm not the one who brought him up and cited him as some astute political observer...

I don't know what any of this has to do with the thread topic (what an idiot Alinia Habba is) and like I said I didn't bring it up...Quoting ftwDANC...

"NEW: Joe Rogan calls Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson and Kid Rock the 'Right Wing Avengers' when they walked into the UFC arena last weekend.

Rogan specifically noted how different the crowd was this time around compared to previous times Trump has entered the arena. Rogan said it was “overwhelmingly in support” of Trump.“The place went nuts. I'm telling you, the f*cking cheers of the crowd were nuts. It was overwhelmingly in support of him and it lasted a long time.”

“You had to hear what the crowd sounded like before he walked in, and when he did. It was just overwhelming cheers for over a minute.”

Now admittedly I have this problem. When I see people post nonsense, I have this overwhelming urge to call it out...

I mean Is anybody shocked that a UFC crowd would be particularly receptive to this cast of characters? Why exactly is it "noteworthy"?

Is ftw trying to say that because 19,000 or so at the Garden cheer Trump it means he'll win New York? Or that assuming the crowd is split fairly evenly between out of towners and New Yorkers, is the fact that this particular group of people cheered resoundingly for Trump consequential in any manner? It's a UFC crowd and they likely felt the same way and voted for Trump in 2020 as well.I'm just perplexed why anyone would find that reception relevant to anything?

Evidently Rogan (who discussed it), the guy posting the tweet, and ftw (who linked the tweet here) all seemingly feel it means something. I think that's a stupid take, especially in a thread about Alinia Habba...I posted evidence of why I think touting Rogan's political takes is pretty ridiculous. And don't get me started on people who believe "Kid Rock" has a scintilla of talent...:)

If that's you, no offense. I'd say he's the Nickleback of whatever genre he's supposed to represent...

Last edited:
"I'll tell you something. Somebody said to me, 'Alina would you rather be smart or pretty' and I said 'Oh easy, pretty. I can fake being smart.' I mean that's the honest truth...Listen, you have to be honest, it doesn't hurt to be good-looking in this world, in the PR world, on TV, it doesn't hurt. When you're good-looking, that's great, but it can also mean that people think you're stupid or people think that President Trump hired me because I was good-looking. That is absolutely not the case."

• Wow
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
There’s no pretense with Joe Rogan.
Joe Rogan was the kid in 7th grade that drew veiny boners on his notebook and talked about how much fun he had vomiting during the weekend sausage fest parties...

Perfect member for your cult.

Reactions: cosmickid
Joe Rogan was the kid in 7th grade that drew veiny boners on his notebook and talked about how much fun he had vomiting during the weekend sausage fest parties...

Joe rogan was a comedian running around with carolla and Kimmel and all the rest. Doing stand up etc. then he garnered tv fame hosting fear factor and his Hollywood life was soaring … until that fateful day he caught the allure of the UFC Belt. I’ve never seen someone so taken as joe rogan staring at that belt post fight. So he traded in tv host duties for two sleeves of tats, a black belt in miu Thai, and has never looked back

It happens

Now he sheds light on the woke cult, hopefully saving some adherents along the way

Had a bout of insomnia and was watching the documentary on willie Nelson. Not great but interesting. Hard man to keep home. Apparently a unique talent but hard to work with musically. Timing way off etc. What do you think of old willie?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT