ADVERTISEMENT

Alford is so much better than any IU

New Mexico, UCLA and Nevada had no issues with it.[/QU
UCLA was
Pretty common knowledge that President Hebert wanted a minority coach thus Sampson was hired, don't be a fool.
Samson could provide results for low salary compared to other
named coaches. This hire backfired due to his recruits resembled
Oklahoma level players. He had to roll out the red carpet for
Eric Gordon which didn't lead to future five star recruitment.
This was bad hire. Crean, had to hire recruiters who
left due to not being paid appropriately. Kenny Johnson went with
Louisville and Pitino who paid nicely.

Last edited:
This. What has Alford done as a coach to warrant any interest from a program like IU? You are damn right he wouldn't get a look here if he wasn't a former player

Perhaps a good 2 week tournament run would turn him into a good coach like it did Archie?

Reactions: Radio Zero
Actually, the University of Iowa investigated it pretty thoroughly, as did several news organizations. It’s all available for anyone. If you’re as ignorant on the matter as you’ve claimed, it’s purely because you’ve chosen to be that way.
Yeah and the universities that hired him after, I guess they just said oh well.

Are there still any morons who want Alford hired?
Are you still
Once again, roy, not wanting to hire Alford has nothing to do with hating Knight. They're two completely separate and distinct men. And the most common reasoning I've ever heard expressed for no interest in Alford -- which I happen to share -- has nothing to do with Knight. It has to do with Alford's records as a coach.

So go take a flying leap.
yeah because he’s had one losing season. He’s done something the last few Indiana hires haven’t done and that’s win the B10 tourney, which he did twice. He’s had two losing seasons in the years he’s coached and four sweet 16’s.

Are you still

yeah because he’s had one losing season. He’s done something the last few Indiana hires haven’t done and that’s win the B10 tourney, which he did twice. He’s had two losing seasons in the years he’s coached and four sweet 16’s.

My benchmark for what I'd like to see IU do is not what the last several coaches have done. So you're barking up the wrong tree with me making that comparison.

It's about like people defending Archie by comparing him to what Crean's doing at Georgia. What high praise.

Steve Alford has not demonstrated that he can coach at the level we need. But, that said, I still maintain that our real problem isn't the coach, or his predecessor. The problem is the culture we've adopted, willingly or not, since Knight's departure. As such, I think we need more than just a new coach.

We need a paradigm shift.

Are you still

Advancing to multiple Sweet 16s ain't going to cut it at IU. If it did, Crean would still be coach. We want better than that.

Are you still

Well he had 3. Would have been 4 if they would’ve let him coach the rest of the season. He also never won the B1G or The weak ass PAC 12 regular season. He has lots of warts in his coaching style. He’s not even close to the answer and it’s telling he has never been seriously considered for IU.

My benchmark for what I'd like to see IU do is not what the last several coaches have done. So you're barking up the wrong tree with me making that comparison.

It's about like people defending Archie by comparing him to what Crean's doing at Georgia. What high praise.

Steve Alford has not demonstrated that he can coach at the level we need. But, that said, I still maintain that our real problem isn't the coach, or his predecessor. The problem is the culture we've adopted, willingly or not, since Knight's departure. As such, I think we need more than just a new coach.

You know what, take that shit somewhere else. The game of basketball is simple and getting players to play with enthusiasm is on the coach. The players you bring in is on the coach, substituting is on the coach.

Well he had 3. Would have been 4 if they would’ve let him coach the rest of the season. He also never won the B1G or The weak ass PAC 12 regular season. He has lots of warts in his coaching style. He’s not even close to the answer and it’s telling he has never been seriously considered for IU.
You are dumb if you think his being a Bob Knight player isn’t the reason for him not being considered.

Reactions: royhobbs2
Actually that was a mistype because he had 2 losing seasons.

Actually that was a mistype because he had 2 losing seasons.
Yeah because Arizona

Take your bs out of here. The coach is who recruits, plays the players who half ass it during the game and has his players run his offense. The plays they run out of timeouts is crap. This is all on the coach and not culture. If players aren’t getting back on defense or not playing defense then you sit them until they realize basketball is more than just scoring. Defense is a big part of the game along with rebounding. We need a coach who can get players to hustle on offense and defense.

I like how you assume it would have been four. I assume you’re a dumbass does that make me right. Let’s look at Alford at UCLA who played in tournies against the likes of Duke and Kentucky and not the cupcake schedule Miller has.

I like how you talk about not winning the Big 10 or the Pac 12. When was the last time Indiana has won it out right. I also wonder how many times Alford missed the NCAA tourney and he played harder non-conference schedules than Indiana. Yeah he sure can’t coach. I do believe I watched Marshall lose by over 30 to Houston and after one good year Texas Tech has about the same record as Indiana.

the only reason alford hasn't been offered the IU job is because hes a Knight guy.

Loosiers continue to circle the drain. Told ya so.

You are dumb if you think his being a Bob Knight player isn’t the reason for him not being considered.
Who said because he is a Bob Knight player? He wasn’t considered because of the Pierre pierce incident and his ability. It’s absolutely laughable to even consider him as a coach at IU.

Reactions: minneman
I like how you talk about not winning the Big 10 or the Pac 12. When was the last time Indiana has won it out right. I also wonder how many times Alford missed the NCAA tourney and he played harder non-conference schedules than Indiana. Yeah he sure can’t coach. I do believe I watched Marshall lose by over 30 to Houston and after one good year Texas Tech has about the same record as Indiana.
His friggin rosters where loaded!!!! Top 10 classes plus Howland left him with a crazy good roster! He underachieved every damn year. If you don’t see that I can’t help you.

Reactions: IndyAuthor
Who said because he is a Bob Knight player? He wasn’t considered because of the Pierre pierce incident and his ability. It’s absolutely laughable to even consider him as a coach at IU.
Your an idiot. Go somewhere else you ****ing moron. You have to be the dumbest poster on here. It’s funny because how many former players have interviewed for the position. Yeah and we end up with Tom Crean and Archie ****ing Miller. Good call there dumbass.

His friggin rosters where loaded!!!! Top 10 classes plus Howland left him with a crazy good roster! He underachieved every damn year. If you don’t see that I can’t help you.
You are ****ing dumb. How many loaded teams have Duke and Kentucky had and didn’t make the final four. If you’re that dumb then you’re beyond help.

Your an idiot. Go somewhere else you ****ing moron. You have to be the dumbest poster on here. It’s funny because how many former players have interviewed for the position. Yeah and we end up with Tom Crean and Archie ****ing Miller. Good call there dumbass.
This is a public forum. I see a triggered teen in your post. It’s funny because this subject has been discussed so much in this forum and you just now come out of the woodwork. Many posters with more insight than any of you know exactly what went down with Alford and the reasons he’s never been a candidate. Good day to you.

You are ****ing dumb. How many loaded teams have Duke and Kentucky had and didn’t make the final four. If you’re that dumb then you’re beyond help.
They made it past UCLA. You can’t even compare UK and Duke with Alford led teams. Makes you look silly.

Yes really. He’s Tom Crean 2.0. With better talent in a weaker conference.
Yeah! Did Crean have to deal with Arizona, Oregon or Washington. The only team that was good was MSU and maybe Wisky. Better conference my ass. This is the first year the conference was good.

Speaking of the dumbest posters on here. Lmao. I believe we have found him.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
This is a public forum. I see a triggered teen in your post. It’s funny because this subject has been discussed so much in this forum and you just now come out of the woodwork. Many posters with more insight than any of you know exactly what went down with Alford and the reasons he’s never been a candidate. Good day to you.
That’s how much you know idiot because I made the argument the last time it was brought up. I know you’re one of those guys that say they have insight into why things did or didn’t happen but really don’t know shit.

“Your”?

If you’re going to call someone an idiot, having a second grade vocabulary would be helpful.

Speaking of the dumbest posters on here. Lmao. I believe we have found him.
Yeah all you dumb ****s that act like you know why someone didn’t get interviewed or that you know someone that knows a guy who told him the reason. I know a guy and he told me you are so stupid that Forrest Gump is Einstein compared to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT