ADVERTISEMENT

Alford is so much better than any IU

yea 124 -62 and 3 sweet 16s sucks, IU has hired nothing but garbage since Knight. The cant hire a knight guy morons have put iu in the septic tank.

Alford would recruit Indiana along with the west coast. Purdue can have a keady guy and tradition, but the myles brand morons wont let a knight player come back.

yea 124 -62 and 3 sweet 16s sucks, IU has hired nothing but garbage since Knight. The cant hire a knight guy morons have put iu in the septic tank.

Alford would recruit Indiana along with the west coast. Purdue can have a keady guy and tradition, but the myles brand morons wont let a knight player come back.

Expert trolling...

Well, if you're calling Crean and his three Sweet 16s at IU garbage, then I don't see how Alford's three Sweet 16s at UCLA is any better.

Well, if you're calling Crean and his three Sweet 16s at IU garbage, then I don't see how Alford's three Sweet 16s at UCLA is any better.

Because everyone knows we should have easily cruised to a NC the Zeller/Oladipo year--that Sweet 16 loss was like losing to a 16 seed in the first round.

Alford is white, Christian, arrogant, and played for Knight and that is THE reason some of the fools here didn’t want him
WTF does race have to do with anything. The top basketball coaches in college are white. The fact he played for Knight is probably the reason Glass didn’t want him. I didn’t want Archie but stuck by him until this last game when he couldn’t get his team motivated with what was going on.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Alford is white, Christian, arrogant, and played for Knight and that is THE reason some of the fools here didn’t want him

That maybe the dumbest thing I've ever saw on a message board. Oh I'm certain some small percentage of morons might buy that idiotic conspiracy theory but the reason Alford wasn't preferred by many was his debacle at Iowa and how he handled things there. I'm sure Pierre Pierce's girlfriend thinks Alford's cover up of those events was really Christian like. The worst thing about internet message boards is that it allows stupid people to air stupid ideas.

coach since Knight its not funny. Are there still anti-knight morons who would complain about alford ?

He would get all the in state talent and restore the tradition.
Don’t think that would be the right direction. JMO.

Why keep living in the past idiot. I mean I guess you’re so perfect. I’m fed up with all you idiots that keep bringing up Iowa. I guess all the college’s that hired him screwed up because of his past. I think it’s funny how all you high and mighty fans know so much.
Lol. If you don’t want to recognize the off the court issues, just look at his coaching resume. Average at best.

Lol. If you don’t want to recognize the off the court issues, just look at his coaching resume. Average at best.
Really! Have you watched Texas Tech this year because nothing screams elite coach to me. All you Marshall and Beard morons need to get a clue. I think Alford has coached for one basketball school and that was UCLA.

Really! Have you watched Texas Tech this year because nothing screams elite coach to me. All you Marshall and Beard morons need to get a clue. I think Alford has coached for one basketball school and that was UCLA.
Why do you think he was pushed out at UCLA, and why do you think he’s remembered in a mostly negative light at most of his coaching stops?

That maybe the dumbest thing I've ever saw on a message board. Oh I'm certain some small percentage of morons might buy that idiotic conspiracy theory but the reason Alford wasn't preferred by many was his debacle at Iowa and how he handled things there. I'm sure Pierre Pierce's girlfriend thinks Alford's cover up of those events was really Christian like. The worst thing about internet message boards is that it allows stupid people to air stupid ideas.
No the worst thing about message boards is that you have idiots that think they know what happened at Iowa and want to still bring it up. If it was like half the idiots on this forum make it out to be then he wouldn’t have been hired by any other school. If you don’t want a certain coach that’s fine but stop acting like you know what happened in Iowa or anywhere else. I just hate stupid people and for all the money that some of you spent going to Indiana, I would want a refund.

No the worst thing about message boards is that you have idiots that think they know what happened at Iowa and want to still bring it up. If it was like half the idiots on this forum make it out to be then he wouldn’t have been hired by any other school. If you don’t want a certain coach that’s fine but stop acting like you know what happened in Iowa or anywhere else. I just hate stupid people and for all the money that some of you spent going to Indiana, I would want a refund.
Why aren’t you aware of what happened at Iowa? The reason it gives people some concern is because it was an enormous error in judgement on Alford’s part. Why would you excuse or ignore that?

Y
Why do you think he was pushed out at UCLA, and why do you think he’s remembered in a mostly negative light at most of his coaching stops?
He was pushed out by idiot fans and boosters just like we have on this message board. He wasn’t getting to the championship games and UCLA think their better than that.

Y

He was pushed out by idiot fans and boosters just like we have on this message board. He wasn’t getting to the championship games and UCLA think their better than that.
Why do you think he’s viewed negatively by so many at his previous stops? Does he have any responsibility for that?

Oh I forgot you know how he’s viewed at his other coaching spots. I guess you decided to go there and ask how he is viewed.
Ask anyone at Iowa, and be sure to remove the Pierce incident from the discussion. He’s still not viewed well by them, and they’re pretty easy on coaches. Why do you think that is so?

Well then enlighten us oh wise one about what actually happened at Iowa. You seem to think you know more about this than most so why don't you take this opportunity to educate us idiots. Or is that you don't know anymore than the rest of us but feel butt hurt because some think your hero Alford screwed the pooch over that incident.

While your at it, tell us why Stevie might have coerced Recker into transferring there?

Well then enlighten us oh wise one about what actually happened at Iowa. You seem to think you know more about this than most so why don't you take this opportunity to educate us idiots. Or is that you don't know anymore than the rest of us but feel butt hurt because some think your hero Alford screwed the pooch over that incident.

While your at it, tell us why Stevie might have coerced Recker into transferring there?
I don’t know what happened but I don’t go around saying shit like I do know. The fact some don’t want him as our coach so they keep bringing up stuff that happened in the past. I guess you guys know more about what happened than the universities that looked into it and hired him. I’m sorry that I didn’t listen to some morons that apparently went to Iowa to find the truth.

I don’t know what happened but I don’t go around saying shit like I do know. The fact some don’t want him as our coach so they keep bringing up stuff that happened in the past. I guess you guys know more about what happened than the universities that looked into it and hired him. I’m sorry that I didn’t listen to some morons that apparently went to Iowa to find the truth.
Actually, the University of Iowa investigated it pretty thoroughly, as did several news organizations. It’s all available for anyone. If you’re as ignorant on the matter as you’ve claimed, it’s purely because you’ve chosen to be that way.

Last edited:
Using the pierre pierce incident to keep alford from coming to IU is the Never Knighters final desperate argument.

These are the same people who wanted Knight gone and have trashed and tarnished all former knight players-especially alford.

IU is a trash program and has sucked for 20 years because of these same people. It will probably go on sucking another 20 years before these POS all pass away.

Using the pierre pierce incident to keep alford from coming to IU is the Never Knighters final desperate argument.

These are the same people who wanted Knight gone and have trashed and tarnished all former knight players-especially alford.

IU is a trash program and has sucked for 20 years because of these same people. It will probably go on sucking another 20 years before these POS all pass away.
This post is a perfect example of lack of empathy for those of different opinions. Too bad for the poster. Feel sorry for him/her.

Now I loved watching IU way back when. I really do not like what has happened at IU since then. Graduated when IU went undefeated. Loved Alford's game, shots, free throws etc.

Was conflicted about RMK. Wished that he wasn't headed for self-destruction at IU. Wished he and IU would have installed some way to change his negative bent relative to PR.

Many reasons why Alford would not be a good hire for IU. #1 Archie Miller is here and will be here for at least 2 more years. That will allow him to get his recruits in place as upperclassmen. And will show that IU doesn't churn HCs. #2 If Alford was hired then he would be harder to fire just like RMK if he didn't pan out. Being a legacy is not what the IU admin wants to handle. Been there done that. #3 In this day of ultra-PC attitude at IU there is no way Alford will be hired with his PR baggage. #4 Alford's performance does not justify his hire any more than a lot of other coaches that don't have his baggage.

This post is a perfect example of lack of empathy for those of different opinions. Too bad for the poster. Feel sorry for him/her.

Now I loved watching IU way back when. I really do not like what has happened at IU since then. Graduated when IU went undefeated. Loved Alford's game, shots, free throws etc.

Was conflicted about RMK. Wished that he wasn't headed for self-destruction at IU. Wished he and IU would have installed some way to change his negative bent relative to PR.

Many reasons why Alford would not be a good hire for IU. #1 Archie Miller is here and will be here for at least 2 more years. That will allow him to get his recruits in place as upperclassmen. And will show that IU doesn't churn HCs. #2 If Alford was hired then he would be harder to fire just like RMK if he didn't pan out. Being a legacy is not what the IU admin wants to handle. Been there done that. #3 In this day of ultra-PC attitude at IU there is no way Alford will be hired with his PR baggage. #4 Alford's performance does not justify his hire any more than a lot of other coaches that don't have his baggage.
Here is exhibit a. He blames knight entirely for his dismissal and spins it accordingly. Never mentioning the duplicitous dealings of Myles Brand the media or the BOT

of course he goes on to list why Alford should never coach at iu

these were the same people championing Mike Davis and Brand 20 years ago as they laughed at Knights firing

this is why IU has lost its legacy

Reactions: CriticArisen
He blames knight entirely for his dismissal and spins it accordingly. Never mentioning the duplicitous dealings of Myles Brand the media or the BOT
While I would never defend Myles Brand or how he handled that whole situation, and don't really care to get into percentages of who bore how much blame, there is absolutely no question that RMK was primarily responsible for his firing.

Now, it's water that is way, WAY under the bridge by now. It's not worth getting into a discussion about it. So I'm not going to -- other than to just write what I just wrote.

Alford's coaching career has been spotty. And he's had a couple of ample opportunities at major programs -- namely Iowa and UCLA. Neither of them worked out well...which is why he didn't last at either one. He seems to have done just fine at lower-tier programs, which is great. I loved Steve as a player and wish nothing but the best for him.

That said, a couple things:

1) it has no bearing on Archie Miller and his status here. They're two completely different subjects.

2) I can't speak for everybody who is opposed to hiring Alford at IU. But, as for me, my feelings have precisely zero to do with Bob Knight. They have to do with the performances of Alford's teams at the P5 level.

Here is exhibit a. He blames knight entirely for his dismissal and spins it accordingly. Never mentioning the duplicitous dealings of Myles Brand the media or the BOT

these were the same people championing Mike Davis and Brand 20 years ago as they laughed at Knights firing

this is why IU has lost its legacy
This is fun. Way to post making lots of wrong assumptions.

Blaming fans for the lost games and bad hires and inadequacies at IU. Now that is the funniest thing ...almost...I have read on this site.

And if you really take the time to read and comprehend my 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of my previous post, you would see that I do not say I wanted Mike Davis to the the permanent HC. I do not blame RMK solely. But, he is not blameless.

Go ahead with whatever agenda you have. Troll maybe? Get more clicks for this site, maybe...keep posting.

Close to being on ignore by me though.

The guy's an Iowa troll, I've seen his name on the Hawkeyenation message board before (I go to the Hawkeyereport forum occasionally, too, don't judge me, lol). My family's from Iowa and my parents are still die hard Hawkeye fans even though we moved to Indiana 30 some years ago.

Lol. As I said IU will continue to suck until the knight hater generation passes away

until then sit back and enjoy it

Lol. As I said IU will continue to suck until the knight hater generation passes away

Back before I had much interaction with other IU fans, I said some the things that you say now. Mostly, I wasn't defending Knight, I just hated that we threw away the identity or culture that he had built.

What I realized eventually is that pretty much all IU fans want that identity back. There isn't a group of bad guy fans out there that prefer for IU to suck. Eventually we'll get close to getting it back, because the fanbase really hasn't changed that much and we'll keep murmuring and complaining until we get what we want from the basketball program. I may not live to see it again, but it's coming! I've already won three titles with the Hoosiers anyway, so I'm good!

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine

Once again, roy, not wanting to hire Alford has nothing to do with hating Knight. They're two completely separate and distinct men. And the most common reasoning I've ever heard expressed for no interest in Alford -- which I happen to share -- has nothing to do with Knight. It has to do with Alford's records as a coach.

So go take a flying leap.

Back before I had much interaction with other IU fans, I said some the things that you say now. Mostly, I wasn't defending Knight, I just hated that we threw away the identity or culture that he had built.

What I realized eventually is that pretty much all IU fans want that identity back. There isn't a group of bad guy fans out there that prefer for IU to suck. Eventually we'll get close to getting it back, because the fanbase really hasn't changed that much and we'll keep murmuring and complaining until we get what we want from the basketball program. I may not live to see it again, but it's coming! I've already won three titles with the Hoosiers anyway, so I'm good!
I agree that you should only expect your team in any sport and at any level to win a handful of championships during a lifetime. Between championships the best you can hope for is that they are headed in a positive direction and competitive. The angst now is because they are too often not competitive and no one can see a positive direction.

Yes-all the fans want better teams but they still have strong views that are not conducive to a turnaround. They hate Knight, Davis, Sampson, Crean, and Arch. They hate Knight because he yelled at players, Davis because he lost, Sampson because he texted recruits, Crean because he lost, and Arch because absolutely terrible results. People can be process oriented or results oriented or some combination. When the fan base is too process oriented the results will suffer. Many in the fan base are still very very process oriented having learned nothing from the last 20 years of gut wrenching pandemonium.

Why aren’t you aware of what happened at Iowa? The reason it gives people some concern is because it was an enormous error in judgement on Alford’s part. Why would you excuse or ignore that?
If people on here give him a pass on the Iowa case then they have to look past the Izzo/Michigan state basketball cover up. I never want to hear another word about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT