ADVERTISEMENT

Alec Baldwin fired prop gun that killed woman on film set of Rust

Trump was unable to do an impression of a POTUS for 4 years...what makes you think he can do one of Baldwin?
He didn't do an impression he was a President. What we have now is a doddering old fool from a retirement home, shitting his pants , being told how to try and do an impression of being a President. You aren't very smart are you?

Reactions: ulrey
He didn't do an impression he was a President. What we have now is a doddering old fool from a retirement home, shitting his pants , being told how to try and do an impression of being a President. You aren't very smart are you?
You shit your pants every time you post on here. What's your excuse?

Oh, and your portrayal of the elderly in retirement homes is kind of demeaning.

I don't see how a prosecutor could show the necessary recklessness or negligence against Baldwin the Actor. If he was told by the AD or the armorer the gun was "cold," and it's procedure for the actor to trust those men on this point, it's a tough case to make. As Baldwin the Actor's lawyer, I would not be expecting any charges.

However, if the procedures themselves are severely lacking - as many people seem to be suggesting - then I would be worried if I were Baldwin the Producer's lawyer. I'm not sure if there would be any criminal liability under New Mexico law, but I have to think it's worth exploring, at least, and I'd bet money that there are plenty of lawyers right now who are finding it worthwhile to explore at least civil liability against Baldwin the Producer.

Doesn't mean they'll get anywhere, of course. But the guy probably has a headache coming his way.
You continue to miss a crucial point. The person who is handling a weapon is responsible for operating it safely. The argument that somebody said it wasn't loaded is complete nonsense. The operator himself always has the duty to check the weapon. No exception. It is the most basic rule handling a weapon.

If you hand me a automatic, I will check immediately to see if it is loaded and if a round is chambered. A revolver is easier to check but, I would still check the cylinder to see if there were rounds in it. As far as a revolver is concerned, I have two a 357 Mag and a 38 Special. I have fired them hundreds of times at gun range without incident. I chock the magnum before firing it because it has a hard pull. In hundreds of firings, It has never gone off on its own without me pulling the trigger. The 38 has no trigger. Though the pull has been softened somewhat, it has never gone off on its own.

If a gun was handed to me with the trigger chocked, I would be horrified, it would be addressed immediately. I certainly would not point it at anything or anyone I didn't intend to destroy or kill. People have been killed by blanks. Baldwin doesn't have a leg to stand on. His only hope is that he will receive favored treatment....and he may. You or I would be dead meat. I have no doubt that we would be charged. Probably with some form of negligent homicide or a involuntary manslaughter.

Reactions: dbmhoosier and DANC
You continue to miss a crucial point. The person who is handling a weapon is responsible for operating it safely. The argument that somebody said it wasn't loaded is complete nonsense. The operator himself always has the duty to check the weapon. No exception. It is the most basic rule handling a weapon.

If you hand me a automatic, I will check immediately to see if it is loaded and if a round is chambered. A revolver is easier to check but, I would still check the cylinder to see if there were rounds in it. As far as a revolver is concerned, I have two a 357 Mag and a 38 Special. I have fired them hundreds of times at gun range without incident. I chock the magnum before firing it because it has a hard pull. In hundreds of firings, It has never gone off on its own without me pulling the trigger. The 38 has no trigger. Though the pull has been softened somewhat, it has never gone off on its own.

If a gun was handed to me with the trigger chocked, I would be horrified, it would be addressed immediately. I certainly would not point it at anything or anyone I didn't intend to destroy or kill. People have been killed by blanks. Baldwin doesn't have a leg to stand on. His only hope is that he will receive favored treatment....and he may. You or I would be dead meat. I have no doubt that we would be charged. Probably with some form of negligent homicide or a involuntary manslaughter.
I'm not missing anything. I'm talking about legal liability. You're talking about safe firearm handling. Not the same thing.

You shit your pants every time you post on here. What's your excuse?

Oh, and your portrayal of the elderly in retirement homes is kind of demeaning.
Thats funny coming from you. Id say the same thing about your sorry ass. What is your excuse? Roid problems? I do apologize for the hurt I caused the retirement community. They are all in much better shape than the doddering fool in the Whitehouse.

A woman is dead, another person is seriously injured, and people are celebrating it because the guy responsible parodied trump. Yeah, that's "special place in hell" material.
Remember, these people are Christians. They have morals that non-religious people don’t understand.

This is ‘Murikan Jesus.

Thats funny coming from you. Id say the same thing about your sorry ass. What is your excuse? Roid problems? I do apologize for the hurt I caused the retirement community. They are all in much better shape than the doddering fool in the Whitehouse.
So, you basically shot your typical two point attempt..."I know you are but what am I", paired with an lame attempt at a clever dig at the poster name.
You're nothing if not consistent.

(ly boring)

I'm not missing anything. I'm talking about legal liability. You're talking about safe firearm handling. Not the same thing.
Goat, his liability will be determined by his compliance, or failure to comply, with widely accepted gun safety standards. His civil liability is a slam dunk. The only question is whether his failure to comply with those standards reached a criminally negligent threshold. Keep in mind that you should always assume a gun is loaded until you have checked it yourself.

It wasn’t supposed to be a weapon.

it was a prop. Like a chair one actor uses to hit another actor in a fake fight.

Fantasy. Pretend. Act-ing.

Actors are notoriously stupid - they live in a bubble - pampered. You can’t make them “weapons” experts. That is why there are whole companies hired and paid a LOT of money to handle the fake guns and make certain they are not loaded with real ammo .

They also handle explosives. Is some bimbette hired to show her boobs and screw the director on the casting couch supposed to check the guns and bombs she encounters in the scene where she escapes the POW camp with the hero?

These folks weren’t hunting. They were ACTING.

You ever watch Gettysburg? You telling me every single actor who recreated Picketts Charge were suppose to be responsible for the fake ammo in each fake gun?

Blaming Baldwin is the best way to never really find out what happened.

It’s his job to pretend, not be a weapons expert.

Last edited:
It wasn’t supposed to be a weapon.

it was a prop. Like a chair one actor uses to hit another actor in a fake fight.

Fantasy. Pretend. Act-ing.

Actors are notoriously stupid - they live in a bubble - pampered. You can’t make them “weapons” experts. That is why there are whole companies hired and paid a LOT of money to handle the fake guns and make certain they are not loaded with real ammo .

They also handle explosives. Is some bimbette hired to show her boobs and screw the director on the casting couch supposed to check the guns and bombs she encounters in the scene where she escapes the POW camp with the hero?

These folks weren’t hunting. They were ACTING.

You ever watch Gettysburg? You telling me every single actor who recreated Picketts Charge were suppose to be responsible for the fake ammo in each fake gun?

Blaming Baldwin is the best way to never really find out what happened.

It’s his job to pretend, not be a weapons expert.
Weapons expert? Gun safety rules are not made for experts. The are the basic standard for everyone who handles a gun. However, I do agree with you that actors are notoriously stupid. You should be advising Baldwin on possible defenses. A gun is like a chair? really?

Weapons expert? Gun safety rules are not made for experts. The are the basic standard for everyone who handles a gun. However, I do agree with you that actors are notoriously stupid. You should be advising Baldwin on possible defenses. A gun is like a chair? really?
You like Jack Nicholson?
Watch him get ready to act:

He is not the one you want checking safety.

He had to claim he didn't pull the trigger, right? Otherwise, he's admitting that he's ultimately responsible.

Reactions: DANC
Remember, these people are Christians. They have morals that non-religious people don’t understand.

This is ‘Murikan Jesus.
Look who feels qualified to judge Christians!

Ha! Good for him. He's a very young man still and ought to be making babies. Prime age for it.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

wife's only 38. they're loaded. kids will be ahead of the curve long after he's gone
Maybe but how many Baldwin's does the world need? I lost count on his brothers they get progressively worse as actors the farther you go. Kind of like the Quaids.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Kids need dads, not financial benefactors. Fathering a child at that age is a big selfish **** you to the kid. Here's some money, figure it out on your own.
He can send them out to save parking places for him before he comes down to beat the drivers up

Kids need dads, not financial benefactors. Fathering a child at that age is a big selfish **** you to the kid. Here's some money, figure it out on your own.
You have to admit, he's a wonderful role model.....

I can see the FBI being called in for a forensic analysis of the single action Colt to determine if it was in good working order. Apparently, according to the report, it was.
Yep, but it would not be them raiding his home. Just ain't their jurisdiction. But if he has classified information, they should go get it.

Reactions: hoosboot
So, does this mean Baldwin lied or just "misremembered" when he told Stephanopoulos that he didn't pull the trigger?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT