ADVERTISEMENT

After further review....

82IU

Freshman
Apr 30, 2016
I would like to see an 8 or 16 team playoff tournament instead of the current non exciting bowl games ( example.. The Cotton Bowl that got cancelled or the Cheez It inept bowl where TCU and Cal slugged it out ). It could be worked out if the powers want it. A lot of top players are sitting these meaningless bowl games out. ( I'm still disappointed that Jordan Howard chose to sit out and btw, the kick was still good.) I doubt the top players would sit it out if their team was in the playoffs. I'm afraid the bowl games are just going to get worse, with fan attendance, player participation and all around excitement.
I saw a headline stating Saban doesnt want an expansion of the playoffs. Sounds about right, hes afraid of seeing his little dynasty crumble. The more games, the more chance of an upset.
Oh well, rant over.

My guess is that you live somewhere cold. Buy a ticket next year for somewhere warm. Don’t even consider football. And the kick was wide right.

I would like to see an 8 or 16 team playoff tournament instead of the current non exciting bowl games ( example.. The Cotton Bowl that got cancelled or the Cheez It inept bowl where TCU and Cal slugged it out ). It could be worked out if the powers want it. A lot of top players are sitting these meaningless bowl games out. ( I'm still disappointed that Jordan Howard chose to sit out and btw, the kick was still good.) I doubt the top players would sit it out if their team was in the playoffs. I'm afraid the bowl games are just going to get worse, with fan attendance, player participation and all around excitement.
I saw a headline stating Saban doesnt want an expansion of the playoffs. Sounds about right, hes afraid of seeing his little dynasty crumble. The more games, the more chance of an upset.
Oh well, rant over.
Are you kidding about the Cheez-it Bowl? Despite the ineptitude, the game was epic and what college football is all about.
We can expand the playoffs AND retain the bowl games. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.

Are you kidding about the Cheez-it Bowl? Despite the ineptitude, the game was epic and what college football is all about.
We can expand the playoffs AND retain the bowl games. It doesn’t have to be one or the other.
I agree, we can expand and still have bowls. I just want to see more meaningful games. I guess I am still bummed that IU can't seem to get over the hump and play in a bowl game. I guess it is just sour grapes to see everyone else get to play and IU stays at home.

Reactions: Daydreamer
I agree, we can expand and still have bowls. I just want to see more meaningful games. I guess I am still bummed that IU can't seem to get over the hump and play in a bowl game. I guess it is just sour grapes to see everyone else get to play and IU stays at home.
I still think that they should eliminate around 20 bowl games because most of the ones played so far nobody cares about except for their respective fan bases. I have not watched one second of any bowl games this year because they are not interesting at all. A bowl bid should be a reward for a very good season and not a reward for a mediocre season of 6-6 or 7-5. Also if the players are quitting on their teams and universities by not playing so why would fans care about these meaningless bowl games.

I still think that they should eliminate around 20 bowl games because most of the ones played so far nobody cares about except for their respective fan bases. I have not watched one second of any bowl games this year because they are not interesting at all. A bowl bid should be a reward for a very good season and not a reward for a mediocre season of 6-6 or 7-5. Also if the players are quitting on their teams and universities by not playing so why would fans care about these meaningless bowl games.

If ESPN wasnt making money on these bowl games they would not exist. Just because you don't care about them doesn't mean no one else does. The thing I would like to see done is making it a little more fair as far as who goes. You win 6 games against very poor competition and you get a bowl, assuming there are spots available. You win 5 games against top competition and you sit home. I might be a little biased in that opinion however.

Nick Saban is afraid? The greatest coach in the history of the sport is “afraid” of getting beat by Ohio State, UCF, etc? Ummmmm no he’s not. That’s ridiculous.

It’s a double edged sword. If you expand the playoff you have to eliminate the conference championships. Can you imagine the SEC championship this year with 8 or 16 team playoff? Neither of them would have played a starter.

I like the 4 team personally. If you’re not a clear top 4 team you don’t deserve to be in it.

Of course Saban is afraid. As things stand now he is in every year and has to win 2 games. If it goes to 8 then he has to win 3 games. 2 is easier than 3. That is why he doesn't want a change. The conference championship is going to be an auto bid into the playoffs. You don't think they are going to try and win instead of leaving it up to the committee? Lastly you say if you aren't considered top 4 you don't deserve to be in. The problem lies in determining who the top 4 are. It is totally subjective and mostly based on media hype. At least with everyone getting a fair shot there is nothing to complain about. If you win your conference championship you are in. If you don't belong then you will lose in the first round. Don't really see how anyone could have a problem with that unless they make a living talking about who is in or out.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
also have not watched a single bowl game either and have not watched a pre-january one in a few years now

Of course Saban is afraid. As things stand now he is in every year and has to win 2 games. If it goes to 8 then he has to win 3 games. 2 is easier than 3. That is why he doesn't want a change. The conference championship is going to be an auto bid into the playoffs. You don't think they are going to try and win instead of leaving it up to the committee? Lastly you say if you aren't considered top 4 you don't deserve to be in. The problem lies in determining who the top 4 are. It is totally subjective and mostly based on media hype. At least with everyone getting a fair shot there is nothing to complain about. If you win your conference championship you are in. If you don't belong then you will lose in the first round. Don't really see how anyone could have a problem with that unless they make a living talking about who is in or out.
No, it wouldn’t matter who won the SEC championship...both Alabama and Georgia would be in. So they would rest everyone. Especially Alabama.

And Alabama isn’t guaranteed in every year. This year Georgia was clearly a top 4 team and missed it. But they had their chance. They shouldn’t get a doover imo. Alabama could be in that position next year.

And you’re bonkers crazy if you think Saban is worried about losing to UCF or OSU this year. Ain’t gonna happen.

Reactions: vesuvius13
No, it wouldn’t matter who won the SEC championship...both Alabama and Georgia would be in. So they would rest everyone. Especially Alabama.

And Alabama isn’t guaranteed in every year. This year Georgia was clearly a top 4 team and missed it. But they had their chance. They shouldn’t get a doover imo. Alabama could be in that position next year.

And you’re bonkers crazy if you think Saban is worried about losing to UCF or OSU this year. Ain’t gonna happen.

Even if 2 teams from one conference were a shoe in there is still the matter of seeding. Would you rather be the number 1 seed and play number 8 or take your chances being 5- whatever.
I didnt say bama was scared of any specific team. I think anyone would agree the current system has worked well for them. They will not want the challenge of playing another game.

Even if 2 teams from one conference were a shoe in there is still the matter of seeding. Would you rather be the number 1 seed and play number 8 or take your chances being 5- whatever.
I didnt say bama was scared of any specific team. I think anyone would agree the current system has worked well for them. They will not want the challenge of playing another game.
They don’t do well because of the current system. They’d do well in any system. They have the most talent and the best coaches every year.

They don’t do well because of the current system. They’d do well in any system. They have the most talent and the best coaches every year.
No they don't and they certainly didn't in 2015. The system favors the overrated sec. OSU would have blasted bama in 2015. Last year the BIG went 7-1 in bowl games and the sec went 5-6. 11 teams got to bowl because of the 8 game conference schedule and they still went under 500. JUST STOP!

The SEC has won 9 of the last 12 championships. Overrated? Last year both SEC teams made the title game.

OSU would’ve blasted Bama but they couldn’t beat MSU? The same MSU team that Bama beat 38-0 in the playoffs? You really believe this crap? Ummmmm ok
Your drivel is old...you outdid yourself yesterday and now your back for more spew. Go throw up in your mouth for a month or so.

Bowls are generally entertaining as the teams are usually fairly evenly matched.
Alabama against #16, Clemson against #15, Notre Dame against #14, etc, makes for a lot of blowouts.
Shoot, I think 1 vs 4 this year is already a blowout.
And do kids really need TWO MORE GAMES?
Lots of money for the schools, lots of kids get hurt or don't play to save themselves for the pros.

Reactions: IUgradman
Bowls are generally entertaining as the teams are usually fairly evenly matched.
Alabama against #16, Clemson against #15, Notre Dame against #14, etc, makes for a lot of blowouts.
Shoot, I think 1 vs 4 this year is already a blowout.
And do kids really need TWO MORE GAMES?
Lots of money for the schools, lots of kids get hurt or don't play to save themselves for the pros.
The kids can play two more games because they do it in any other division of college football. You think the highest level can do it since they have the biggest and best players.

The SEC has won 9 of the last 12 championships. Overrated? Last year both SEC teams made the title game.

OSU would’ve blasted Bama but they couldn’t beat MSU? The same MSU team that Bama beat 38-0 in the playoffs? You really believe this crap? Ummmmm ok

Yes, Alabama specifically and the SEC in general is the strongest. I don't think anyone is questioning this. What they do question is Saban's argument against playoff expansion. Nick Saban isn't worried about protecting the integrity of the mid to lower tier bowl system. He is plain and simple worried that he would have to play an extra game or 2 against a top flight program in an elimination scenario. Fact.

Just like you forgot bama lost to ole miss...Who cares? osu had 5, count em 5 first round draft picks that year. bama one...
Alabama would never lose to anyone 38-0. This isn’t even a debate. Alabama was the best team that year without question.

Yes, Alabama specifically and the SEC in general is the strongest. I don't think anyone is questioning this. What they do question is Saban's argument against playoff expansion. Nick Saban isn't worried about protecting the integrity of the mid to lower tier bowl system. He is plain and simple worried that he would have to play an extra game or 2 against a top flight program in an elimination scenario. Fact.
There’s a difference in being worried and thinking it’s unnecessary.

And unbelievably there are people arguing with me in this very thread that the SEC isn’t the best conference.

Congrats on surging ahead of mushroomgod and IUgradman for Most Hated Board Troll. They’d better step it up.
I’m just pointing out a fact. Alabama beat the team who kept OSU out of the playoffs 38-0. That wasn’t even a game. And someone is arguing OSU would “blast” them. It’s just ridiculous.

Alabama would never lose to anyone 38-0. This isn’t even a debate. Alabama was the best team that year without question.
giphy.gif

I’m just pointing out a fact. Alabama beat the team who kept OSU out of the playoffs 38-0. That wasn’t even a game. And someone is arguing OSU would “blast” them. It’s just ridiculous.
Who cares? Team A beating Team B doesn’t mean that Team B won’t beat Team C. That’s not how sports works. Teams play bad games and they play great games.

Doesn’t it mean something to you that no one ever takes your side except for the other board trolls? It would to me, though I suspect that that’s your intention.

Who cares? Team A beating Team B doesn’t mean that Team B won’t beat Team C. That’s not how sports works. Teams play bad games and they play great games.

Doesn’t it mean something to you that no one ever takes your side except for the other board trolls? It would to me, though I suspect that that’s your intention.
If team A beats team B 31-24 and team B beats team C 21-17 then no it doesn’t mean team A is better than team C.

But if team A beats team B 38-0 and team B beats team C then yes it’s very fair to assume team A is better than team C.

At the very least it’s very safe to assume team C would not “blast” team A. I can’t believe you’re defending this logic.

If team A beats team B 31-24 and team B beats team C 21-17 then no it doesn’t mean team A is better than team C.

But if team A beats team B 38-0 and team B beats team C then yes it’s very fair to assume team A is better than team C.

At the very least it’s very safe to assume team C would not “blast” team A. I can’t believe you’re defending this logic.
So, according to your logic, Purdue should have won the Big Ten. Why didn’t they?

And thanks for proving my point about your trolling intentions. It’s clear that even when I point out what your doing, you can’t help yourself. You won’t get any more from me.

No they don't and they certainly didn't in 2015. The system favors the overrated sec. OSU would have blasted bama in 2015. Last year the BIG went 7-1 in bowl games and the sec went 5-6. 11 teams got to bowl because of the 8 game conference schedule and they still went under 500. JUST STOP!
The #4 SEC is beating the brakes off the #2 Big Ten team if you haven’t noticed. The same SEC team that lost to UK, Georgia, and Mizzou.

SEC is so overrated!

The #4 SEC is beating the brakes off the #2 Big Ten team if you haven’t noticed. The same SEC team that lost to UK, Georgia, and Mizzou.

SEC is so overrated!

Virginia is beating the brakes off of South Carolina right now. That’s one team we beat. Not sure how but we beat them two years in a row.

Virginia is beating the brakes off of South Carolina right now. That’s one team we beat. Not sure how but we beat them two years in a row.
Thanks crimson my point was 2015 and last year the sec was overated. Fepuke just Iikes to chew on his own puke. He sucks sec ball sacks, licks saban off, and sits in the dirty laundry bags at the end of bama games jerking himself. For real

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT