ADVERTISEMENT

Advice for Coach Cig

Just cheat your ass off. We won’t care.

If anyone comes after you, just use words like “distraction” and “adversity” and make us look like the victim. It worked for Michigan.
You know they won't treat us the same. They'll probably cut our scholar roster to 60, give Cig a lifetime ban, and force us to schedule OSU, UM, PSU, USC, UWx2, every year on the road.

We are not on equal footing.

Only Covid leveled the playing field for us, but then they still found a way to screw us over in the end.

Just cheat your ass off. We won’t care.

If anyone comes after you, just use words like “distraction” and “adversity” and make us look like the victim. It worked for Michigan.
In today's environment you'd have to be pretty creative to find a way to "cheat"...

If we are going to cheat I'd suggest we start recruiting guys at other schools prior to the Portal, you know, like basically two thirds of the rest of FBS is doing already...

It's either that or set a trap for two or three big programs (who are illegally recruiting) and help prosecute them... (but we all know how that would turn out...).

In today's environment you'd have to be pretty creative to find a way to "cheat"...

If we are going to cheat I'd suggest we start recruiting guys at other schools prior to the Portal, you know, like basically two thirds of the rest of FBS is doing already...

It's either that or set a trap for two or three big programs (who are illegally recruiting) and help prosecute them... (but we all know how that would turn out...).
He's already doing that. He said 7 were goin good transfer after the Bowl game.

You know they won't treat us the same. They'll probably cut our scholar roster to 60, give Cig a lifetime ban, and force us to schedule OSU, UM, PSU, USC, UWx2, every year on the road.

We are not on equal footing.

Only Covid leveled the playing field for us, but then they still found a way to screw us over in the end.

And the bad thing is......the way college realignment is going, even more power & $ will be shifting to the elite teams. With that and 18 teams we'll have less say than ever. They've always told us to FO figuratively.....might be literally from now on.

The Portal was already open when he said that. There was no obvious tampering going on there.
Open.... but they weren't in the portal. You shouldn't know until after they were in. And if they're in the portal, they wouldn't be in the Bowl. I guess unless the current school was ok with you being in the portal but still play. Doubtful though.

Open.... but they weren't in the portal. You shouldn't know until after they were in. And if they're in the portal, they wouldn't be in the Bowl. I guess unless the current school was ok with you being in the portal but still play. Doubtful though.
The current school(s) knew they were leaving after their Bowl games were over and wanted them to play... It reflects well on them that they did play...

Technically I understand what you're saying though...

I was referring to the teams that went after our guys by flashing cash in early November (Cincinnati buying Soresby for example)...

Last edited:
The current school(s) knew they were leaving after their Bowl games were over and wanted them to play... It reflects well on them that they did play...

Technically I understand what you're saying though...

I was referring to the teams that went after our guys by flashing cash in early November (Cincinnati buying Soresby for example)...
I just want Cig to be careful. We won't be treated like Michigan if someone wants to "set an example".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT