ADVERTISEMENT

A win, but lots to work on....

Already convening a Negative Nancy Whine and Cheese Club meeting for Nebraska, eh? Got to get a jump on the whining in case IU wins and ruins your fun!

We just gave up 17 three pointers and 87 points to Kensaw State. We might be 10-3 which makes u feel good but we're 87 in kenpom. Kensaw State is 212 again these are supposed to be cupcakes. Penn State is the only team lower then us in the big ten in kenpom.

We just gave up 17 three pointers and 87 points to Kensaw State. We might be 10-3 which makes u feel good but we're 87 in kenpom. Kensaw State is 212 again these are supposed to be cupcakes. Penn State is the only team lower then us in the big ten in kenpom.
Wins don't make you feel good? Losses do? That's what I suspect.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but I put little to no stock in the KenPom rankings at this point. I also believe teams that shoot that many threes are the teams most likely to lose for doing it. The champion teams don't do that. We do have to improve our 3-point defense, but in the game last night their shooting them wasn't very much of a concern. IU could score pretty much at will.

How is your NNW&CC meeting going? Enjoying it?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
And yet we have beat two other Big Ten teams ahead of us, one on the road. That is all you need to know about what the kenpom ranking means. It’s meaningless. We are 10-3 and 2-0.

We let the Kansas game slip away and didn’t compete well in 2 other games. We can and will improve. Overall I am happy with the season so far.

Nebraska hasn’t beaten anybody good.
And it will continue with us
And yet we have beat two other Big Ten teams ahead of us, one on the road. That is all you need to know about what the kenpom ranking means. It’s meaningless. We are 10-3 and 2-0.

We let the Kansas game slip away and didn’t compete well in 2 other games. We can and will improve. Overall I am happy with the season so far.

Happy with the season pass the smoke son.

Reactions: IUgradman
Wins don't make you feel good? Losses do? That's what I suspect.

We'll see how the rest of the season goes, but I put little to no stock in the KenPom rankings at this point. I also believe teams that shoot that many threes are the teams most likely to lose for doing it. The champion teams don't do that. We do have to improve our 3-point defense, but in the game last night their shooting them wasn't very much of a concern. IU could score pretty much at will.

How is your NNW&CC meeting going? Enjoying it?

Are we going to beat Nebraska?

Are we going to beat Nebraska?
With Ware and X, I think it’s a very good bet. Even without X it’s a very decent bet. Yes, I think IU will win. It’s impossible to know. Acting like you know the future, and then being wrong, is a trait that’s common in your club.

Last edited:
And it will continue with us

Happy with the season pass the smoke son.
I am not your son moron.

And how could you not be at least mildly happy with 10-3, 2-0 start to the season? What would you have predicted for us to start the first 13 games if you had known we would start 2 true freshman and 2 true sophomores, with X out again? If it’s something better than 10-3, 2-0 I would say you are already smoking too much.

We won. And those are facts, not excuses. Other guys stepped up and filled the gaps enough for a solid win
I recognize the win. But saying that having Ware or X would have done anything differently relative to the wide open threes is being naive or at the least, dismissive to a glaring issue with this team. X was in the game for AZ last year. We got smoked. We got throttled by Kansas (X got hurt this game). We lost two games to Iowa last year because they can score. They averaged 90 in the two games we played vs them.

This year, we got throttled by Auburn. We got throttled by UCONN. These are good teams and we aren't anywhere near them. With or without X or Ware. But that's cool, we'll feel blushy about beating Kennesaw State at home and write of the 87 points scored by them and wide open threes and continued poor free throw shooting to players being hurt. These are glaring issues and when we play quality teams, injuries or not, it will bite our ass. I hope I am wrong. Keep in mind, Morehead St had us on the ropes and we pulled that one out by one point with Ware. I am sure if X was on the floor we would have ran away with it, right? Until our defense gets sorted out and we learn to defend the three, we are going to struggle. Hell, we had 18 turnovers last night. I'll take the win. Every time. But I am not going to brush over blatant issues on "so and so didn't play". It's BS.

The NET rankings still have us at 102 and Nebraska at 61 but jeez they are an average to slightly below team. All their stat lines are not that good. I have to believe we beat them in a close game.

Last edited:
I recognize the win. But saying that having Ware or X would have done anything differently relative to the wide open threes is being naive or at the least, dismissive to a glaring issue with this team. X was in the game for AZ last year. We got smoked. We got throttled by Kansas (X got hurt this game). We lost two games to Iowa last year because they can score. They averaged 90 in the two games we played vs them.

This year, we got throttled by Auburn. We got throttled by UCONN. These are good teams and we aren't anywhere near them. With or without X or Ware. But that's cool, we'll feel blushy about beating Kennesaw State at home and write of the 87 points scored by them and wide open threes and continued poor free throw shooting to players being hurt. These are glaring issues and when we play quality teams, injuries or not, it will bite our ass. I hope I am wrong. Keep in mind, Morehead St had us on the ropes and we pulled that one out by one point with Ware. I am sure if X was on the floor we would have ran away with it, right? Until our defense gets sorted out and we learn to defend the three, we are going to struggle. Hell, we had 18 turnovers last night. I'll take the win. Every time. But I am not going to brush over blatant issues on "so and so didn't play". It's BS.

I agree. Most seem to focus on IU's lack of 3's but for me, my concern is the defense or lack thereof.
IMO, that will be the biggest factor in future losses.

Reactions: aajohn2000
I am not your son moron.

And how could you not be at least mildly happy with 10-3, 2-0 start to the season? What would you have predicted for us to start the first 13 games if you had known we would start 2 true freshman and 2 true sophomores, with X out again? If it’s something better than 10-3, 2-0 I would say you are already smoking too much.
With Ware and X, I think it’s a very good bet. Even without X it’s a very decent bet. Yes, I think IU will win. It’s impossible to know. Acting like you know the future, and then being wrong, is a trait that’s common in your club.

I will say it now Indiana is losing by atleast 6 to Nebraska. Care to wager.

• Haha
I will say it now Indiana is losing by atleast 6 to Nebraska. Care to wager.
There is something weird and wrong with an IU fan betting against IU. I’m not going to bet with you and contribute to your problem. I have a bet with a Nebraska fan though - that’s normal, not weird.

If you’re not an IU fan, say so and we can bet.

And how could you not be at least mildly happy with 10-3, 2-0 start to the season?
IU usually beats the teams they've beaten so far this year. It would have been a major step toward reaching the NCAA tourney if they had beaten UConn, Auburn, or Kansas.

The 2-0 Big Ten start is good but in my mind this is the worst Big Ten in the past 40 years. I think Indiana may need 13 wins to make an at large tourney bid, and that would include getting a decent road win or two.
Nebraska is one of those because if you look at the schedule, there is a stretch where IU is likely to lose several in a row, and there is a stretch where they are likely to win several, but in terms of quality road wins, besting Nebraska would help.

From what I've seen of the conference this year, I would not be surprised if only 4 teams make the dance. Certainly things could change, but the league is terrible. We all will know how SMU feels every year by the end, where 4 or 5 losses in a mediocre conference isn't good enough.

IU usually beats the teams they've beaten so far this year. It would have been a major step toward reaching the NCAA tourney if they had beaten UConn, Auburn, or Kansas.

The 2-0 Big Ten start is good but in my mind this is the worst Big Ten in the past 40 years. I think Indiana may need 13 wins to make an at large tourney bid, and that would include getting a decent road win or two.
Nebraska is one of those because if you look at the schedule, there is a stretch where IU is likely to lose several in a row, and there is a stretch where they are likely to win several, but in terms of quality road wins, besting Nebraska would help.

From what I've seen of the conference this year, I would not be surprised if only 4 teams make the dance. Certainly things could change, but the league is terrible. We all will know how SMU feels every year by the end, where 4 or 5 losses in a mediocre conference isn't good enough.
I suspect we will all be surprised by some Ws and Ls this year.

The league is down, the opportunity is there.

Tickles me all the whining about the 17 made treys with 87 points overall and they still can't win against a team with a doz. and a half TO's. Simply mystifying. Whoever, out scores who, wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: ORG
And if they don't will you finally STFU with your stupid opinions?
How about you and dumb and dumber
Tickles me all the whining about the 17 made treys with 87 points overall and they still can't win against a team with a doz. and a half TO's. Simply mystifying. Whoever, out scores who, wins.

They suck they lost to Flordia State 94-67 who is 6-6.

• Haha
And IU is the only team 2-0 team in the B10. If you value a ranking system as the end be all that says Maryland or Michigan is better than IU after simply watching those teams play a collection games, never mind the fact IU beat both of them, that’s on you.

We haven’t looked good at times against inferior competition, but at least we haven’t stumbled. Michigan St can’t say that. NW can’t say that. Michigan can’t say that. Maryland can’t say that. A whole bunch of teams in this conference have laid some turds.

If IU beats Nebby on the road Wednesday (whose best big is out), there’s a legitimate chance IU is 6-0 when they meet Purdue in Assembley Hall. IU has one tough stretch this year (H PU/A Wis/A ILL) and one of those games just got a whole lot easier with some recent news. IU has a very manageable conference schedule this year.

If IU beats Nebby on the road Wednesday (whose best big is out), there’s a legitimate chance IU is 6-0 when they meet Purdue in Assembley Hall. IU has one tough stretch this year (H PU/A Wis/A ILL) and one of those games just got a whole lot easier with some recent news. IU has a very manageable conference schedule this year.
I haven’t seen all the teams play but the ones I have are just average beatable teams and now with the Illini losing Shannon even more so. Purdue will be awfully tough and I haven’t seen Northwestern play but in general beatable.

Not impressed by Nebraska but if they get hot from 3 it could be bad as is usually the case.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT