ADVERTISEMENT

A leap on next year...(a random thought)

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
one thing I haven't seen or heard...which I've heard in the past from coaches...is the extra month of practice a bowl affords a program and how that can really help in terms of team and player development. Our young team. Our fired up coaches. An extra month of practice.

Good things.

Great call out. Yes...extra practices will be invaluable to younger players to refine skills. It's all good...

one thing I haven't seen or heard...which I've heard in the past from coaches...is the extra month of practice a bowl affords a program and how that can really help in terms of team and player development. Our young team. Our fired up coaches. An extra month of practice.

Good things.
I've always thought that the additional practice for young players may be more important than whether or not you win the Bowl Game.

Reactions: 76-1
I've always thought that every team should be allowed to continue practice until bowl season is over. I thought it always gave the better teams an advantage..Just my opinion, which is worthless many times...

The problem with that is no one but the coaches would be interested in practicing.

On the teams that were huge disappointments, all the players and half the coaches want to get the hell out of Dodge. Those teams are better putting their energy into recruiting (although there are limits to that this time of year, I think).

Coach Ballou tweeted something yesterday about being able to work more with the players in their development now.

Good things.

Reactions: 76-1 and h20pls
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT