ADVERTISEMENT

A’Shon Riggins Update

I don’t recall hearing anything about this. Glad he has rebounded. He had a great Freshman season. Keep it going A’Shon!

Check out this article from IndyStar:

After 2018 suicide attempt, A’Shon Riggins fights to defeat mental health stigma for others

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...tigma-around-mental-health-issues/3259606001/
Great story. It's easy to forget sometimes that these players who seem to have the world at their door are just kids who struggle with real-life problems. So awesome that he found help and is now focused on helping others. Those of us who spend so much of our energy on following "our teams" need these occasional reminders that life is much greater than sports.

Riggins was always someone that I wondered about. I remembered that he had a great game at OSU his freshman year, but didn't really remember him doing much after that season. This really helped put that in perspective. I'm glad to see that he is turning his challenges into an opportunity to help others!

I don’t recall hearing anything about this. Glad he has rebounded. He had a great Freshman season. Keep it going A’Shon!

Check out this article from IndyStar:

After 2018 suicide attempt, A’Shon Riggins fights to defeat mental health stigma for others

https://www.indystar.com/story/spor...tigma-around-mental-health-issues/3259606001/
That's just something you don't put on a message board. That story filled in the gaps of what I had heard was going on, but it was well after it happened and he was back playing by then. I knew of the programs that IU had put in place under Wilson/Glass when it came to mental health evaluation and treatment, and that has continued under Allen. They are absolutely top notch. The fact A'Shon only missed one game, was truly a miracle. Much like Kofi Hughes, these guys are going to take their mistakes and experiences and truly be a light in this dark world and help many many others through life. I'm glad both stories finally came out so everyone can learn their stories and blessings they both are to so many.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT