ADVERTISEMENT

6-2. Wins over 4 of our Nemesii. Great year

jbriegel

Redshirt
Sep 11, 2016
Yep. Everything everyone is posting is spot on. Anyone who really thought we were a legit top 10 team is delusional. Top 25? Sure. Too much drama (Covid, “all Big Ten”, cover the big 10 logo, Womack leaving) to actually get ready for the game. Loved this year - disappointed we lost but we appear to be in for the long haul. That makes me happy.

This is the correct take on the situation.
Congrats on a great season. Tough day today, but it happens. With NU, we usually find a MAC team or FCS school to trip over. We didn't have OOC, so MSU was the lucky winner this year. For your guys, it seems like bowl games are the Achilles Heel. Heal up and see you in the fall, maybe in Indy. Go B1G.

Reactions: ESalum86
Congrats on a great season. Tough day today, but it happens. With NU, we usually find a MAC team or FCS school to trip over. We didn't have OOC, so MSU was the lucky winner this year. For your guys, it seems like bowl games are the Achilles Heel. Heal up and see you in the fall, maybe in Indy. Go B1G.

I’m an Iowa fan. We puked up a 16 point lead against you, and finished a very disappointing 6-2. There are no congratulations necessary for this type of underperforming season.

With Penix, I think we were a top 10 team, and I think this is what everybody else thought. If you lose to OSU in Columbus by 7 and have a chance to tie things up and even win at the end, and you only have 1 loss, you have earned a top 10 ranking. Nobody, including Clemson, played OSU as well as IU did.

With Penix, I think we were a top 10 team, and I think this is what everybody else thought. If you lose to OSU in Columbus by 7 and have a chance to tie things up and even win at the end, and you only have 1 loss, you have earned a top 10 ranking. Nobody, including Clemson, played OSU as well as IU did.
This is the correct take. Indiana was a top 10 team with MP under center. Indiana will be a top 10 team next year with MP under center. The question is can he survive a season in full health? If he can, this team will win a bunch of games this fall.

Reactions: IUgradman
Sorry, but no way in hell Indiana is top 10 next year. Top 20-25 maybe.
I wouldn't write them off simply because a player such as Penix can guide them to a whole bunch of wins. He did it this year.

Enough with the Penix arguement he gets hurt and will in the future. We need to move on

Enough with the Penix arguement he gets hurt and will in the future. We need to move on
Agreed. We're doing the same with him that we've done with Romeo and TJD, put all our chances of success on him and him alone

I didn’t realize just how long we were on covid shutdown. That obviously had a massive negative outcome on the game. It took a half to wake up but it was too late. We just need to stay freakin healthy for a year. That’s my 2021 wish. A good season and many wins will come if we just stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT