ADVERTISEMENT

507 Yds

Pazhoosier85

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2012
To a backup QB who transferred from Ball State. I watched the game on replay but I don't recall Paddack even being touched once. The pass rush was mon existent and the DBs looked lost out there. Offense played well enough to win and the defense let them down.

To a backup QB who transferred from Ball State. I watched the game on replay but I don't recall Paddack even being touched once. The pass rush was mon existent and the DBs looked lost out there. Offense played well enough to win and the defense let them down.
We were able to apply some pressure late in the game but it was too little too late.

There have been numerous times, going back to the Kevin Wilson era, where we've made backup QBs look like Heisman candidates.

This was an embarrassing defensive performance by the Hoosiers. We left guys open all day and couldn't tackle worth a lick. Pretty much as bad as it gets.

When you have a team that is so technically unsound, like IU is (terrible tackling, angles, technique), thst is a direct link to the head coach. It’s not stressed. There are no repercussions, just clapping hands and fist pumps. So, guys continue to repeat this.
Poor tackling is a direct reflection of the head coach and his failure to ever address this issue.

When you have a team that is so technically unsound, like IU is (terrible tackling, angles, technique), thst is a direct link to the head coach. It’s not stressed. There are no repercussions, just clapping hands and fist pumps. So, guys continue to repeat this.
Poor tackling is a direct reflection of the head coach and his failure to ever address this issue.
I mostly think you overstate, but you aren’t far off on this.

Reactions: midwolfe
yeah, next to no pass rush throughout the game.

The bitter irony is that they WERE after the UI QB and flushed him on the game winning TD.

Last edited:
There are so many things to dislike about our defense, but the tackling angles is my pet peeve. The defensive backs look like idiots trying to tackle guys. I don't even know how you screw that up.

Reactions: ekk
There are so many things to dislike about our defense, but the tackling angles is my pet peeve. The defensive backs look like idiots trying to tackle guys. I don't even know how you screw that up.
The D is constantly out of position whether it's the angles they take or who they are supposed to cover.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Matt Millen said something like “IUs tackling was the worst he’d ever seen”. He’s right.

Reactions: midwolfe
What do you do with a back-up QB? Pressure him, rattle him into making mistakes. We didn’t or couldn’t, probably both.

That crap yesterday was Cam Cameron era defense.

Matt Millen said something like “IUs tackling was the worst he’d ever seen”. He’s right.
I take Millen with a liberal grain of salt. I've heard him state wholeheartedly analyzing several IU games Tom Allen is a very good coach. How much Ford $ did he squander??? He's simply another empty suit who played the game and now talks for a living.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT