ADVERTISEMENT

43 points

shooter1977

Junior
Nov 13, 2002
Last night was the fewest points IU has given up to a Big Ten opponent since 2008 (when Iowa was also held to 43 points). And it's the fewest points IU has yielded on the road to a Big Ten opponent...ever. Or at least since the beginning of the RMK era, that's as far as I went back.

For those interested, the modern day IU record in conference was a 66-41 win over Wisconsin in 1992.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
Last night was the fewest points IU has given up to a Big Ten opponent since 2008 (when Iowa was also held to 43 points). And it's the fewest points IU has yielded on the road to a Big Ten opponent...ever. Or at least since the beginning of the RMK era, that's as far as I went back.

For those interested, the all-time IU record in conference was a 66-41 win over Wisconsin in 1992.

When does the modern era start? I'm sure we had a couple of 12-8 wins and 14-6 losses back when Purdue built up their sizable win advantage on us in the olden days...

Reactions: IUgradman
I really like how Archie has this team playing defense. They get overmatched in the paint at times but it isn't from effort. Not that Rutgers didn't help. I didn't think anybody could be as bad as IU was vs MSU in that 1st half but rutgers pulled it off. I know Davis was having his struggles but he provided a post presence that this team sorely lacks. He was averaging 1.5 blocks in 20 mpg. Whose to say he wouldn't have turned the corner like Morgan at some point had he stayed healthy.

I think Archie should give a Moore a shot at starting or at least getting his minutes with Morgan, Green, rojo and McRoberts. There was stretch late in the 1st half when he got in the game with Newkrik, Durham, Smith (I think) and Hartman. I don't know what Archie was thinking as the lead was cut to 8 but the entire unit was out of sync and had no scoring options. It didn't take him long to break that group up.

when the jersey's stopped having collars and buttons?

I rocked pair just like this on my 5th grade team.
m_577ebbbef739bcb61000087b.jpg

Reactions: hondo314
I think Archie should give a Moore a shot at starting or at least getting his minutes with Morgan, Green, rojo and McRoberts.
Moore has a looong way to go. At least another year, maybe two.

Just goes to show you Sampson is a good coach just couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar...

Just goes to show you Sampson is a good coach just couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar...

We were aware of that before he came to IU.... on both accounts.

I did enjoy the uptick in defense during the 07 season. And I am enjoying it now too.

This team is doing a lot of things well. It's just shocking how bad they are at shooting the basketball, guarded or not.

March 3, 1951. IU held Michigan to 42 points in a 57-42 win at Yost Field House. That was the last time IU held an opponent under 44 points on the road prior to Rutgers on Monday. I'm sure most of you remember that game!

We were aware of that before he came to IU.... on both accounts.

I did enjoy the uptick in defense during the 07 season. And I am enjoying it now too.

This team is doing a lot of things well. It's just shocking how bad they are at shooting the basketball, guarded or not.

Terrible shooting is the reason we don’t have wins over three top 5 teams right now. Duke, Purdue, and Mich St we’re all winnable if we could shoot halfway decent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT