ADVERTISEMENT

"So you're saying there's a chance."
- Lloyd Christmas, Dumb and Dumber
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Reactions: daddyhoosier
So that means they are giving IU a 1.5% chance of winning??
Really?
That is about 1.49999% too high.
The real question is how high will the betting line have to go before Vegas can find enough suckers to put money on the Hoosiers to cover and even out the wagers. Myself, I wouldn't put money on IU unless the line went to -60. I think that's about the point at which OSU might just take a knee on every snap and then punt.

TBH it really might make sense for us to run three straight dive plays and then punt on every single possession. It could keep us from getting all of our remaining QBs seriously injured, and put us at 4th-and-twelve instead of 4th-and-twenty five. Eat the clock, minimize the numerical and physical damage. That should be our gameplan.

Our time of possession will be about 5 minutes in the first half.

They'll take the foot off our neck in the 3Q and let some third stringers play.

Allen will continue to bark at the refs down 35. If we get a 2nd half score we'll try an on-sides kick.

Reactions: midwolfe and bang63
But but but . . . the game is on FOX.

National TV.

Gonna be ugly for IU, ain't it?
Yeah and watching NFL games yesterday they advertised it and the commentator said Indiana kept it close yesterday against Penn State.....and I was like, huh? 45-14 is close??? Jesus

Reactions: midwolfe
The fact IU is a 41 point dog to any D1 program is disgusting. I've been an avid supporter of Coach Allen primarily because (up until game 5 last year) his teams have been competitive in nearly every game; even giving OSU a scare at their place a couple of years ago. At this point, IU is not competitive at all and that is saying a lot considering teams at the level of Nebraska and Rutgers are on the schedule this year. I'm stunned with how quickly Coach Allen's teams have fallen since '19 and '20.

So that means they are giving IU a 1.5% chance of winning??
Really?
That is about 1.49999% too high.
Yeah, but Northwestern was a 37 point underdog and lost 21-7 last week.

Of course, mother nature played a HUGE part in that game with 50+ MPH winds and rain that was blowing sideways which basically completely took out the OSU passing game. It was one of the worst element CF games I've seen in a long time.

So, with that said, pray for high winds and a ton of rain to keep it close

Yeah, but Northwestern was a 37 point underdog and lost 21-7 last week.

Of course, mother nature played a HUGE part in that game with 50+ MPH winds and rain that was blowing sideways which basically completely took out the OSU passing game. It was one of the worst element CF games I've seen in a long time.

So, with that said, pray for high winds and a ton of rain to keep it close
The weather on S will be perfect: 43 and partly sunny... They could lay 90 on us if they so desire..., (and I'm serious as a heart attack)...

Last edited:
The weather on S will be perfect: 43 and partly sunny... They could lay 90 on us if they so desire..., (and I'm serious as a heart attack)...
The fact that the line is so big is a huge indictment of our coaching staff. This isn't an overmatched FCS oppponent or a bottom-feeder GO5 school. Regardless of the fact that OSU is a national title contender, IU is a fellow conference member and not a team decimated with critical injuries or suspensions. There is no excuse for being so bad (especially in a coach's sixth year) that you should be a 41-point underdog, especially given that the gambling industry knows full well that OSU will likely not make any effort to run up the score.

The wind last weekend plays a role this weekend. Day will try to get Stroud’s numbers up for a Heisman run and also work on his run game. He probably won’t call off the dogs until midway through the 4th. I heard Bobby Carpenter on Sirius (who spends a lot of time at practice) say that there is a serious business like and intense vibe so far this week inside the practice facility.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT