ADVERTISEMENT

Up by 20+ does not remove starters until:41....all class

I’m sure Purdue is worrying about it. But why are you/we? That’s what an inferiority complex is.

As bad as FDU was for them, they still went to the Sweet 16 the year before. I’d love to see IU in the sweet 16 again.
Go get Tom Crean. FDU will never not be funny. If PU wants to chant IU sucks, then IU should chant FDU the entire game at Assembly Hall forever.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedinGold
Outside of Sampson, have we really hired a competent coach with any significant history of success or chops?Crean was as close as it came but other than sitting on Izzo's bench and riding Wade into the tourney, the guy couldn't even beat a 25 year old Boeheim zone with NBA lottery picks.

We get garbage and then do the "nice" give them a few years to fail. We have had nobody that is capable of coaching or building a culture. The fans have no memory of success so it's not shocking that the only ones incensed are those who were actually there when we did win.
That is the issue we just do not hire anybody any good. Crean had one run but mostly was average at marquette and a couple years below average. Everyone points the the syracuse game but that team was already peaked out pre ncaa. They went 2-3 pre ncaa.

Playing starters or running up the score is the most trivial of offenses. So what. If he wants to risk injury and not give his depth reps, his call. No big deal.
Our team can play defense or offense if we care.

Reactions: Ty Webb iu
Purdue is the better team, full stop. It pains me to say it but I'm not arguing the point. Painter is a good coach in the regular season...he can build a team. Will be interesting next year without Edey, but in the meantime they have a legitimate shot at the NC. I don't like it, but it's the truth.

That is the issue we just do not hire anybody any good. Crean had one run but mostly was average at marquette and a couple years below average. Everyone points the the syracuse game but that team was already peaked out pre ncaa. They went 2-3 pre ncaa.
People point to the Syr. game because the coach and team seemed stunned that Syr. was playing a zone. The same zone SYR. had played every game for the past 150 years.

Purdue is the better team, full stop. It pains me to say it but I'm not arguing the point. Painter is a good coach in the regular season...he can build a team. Will be interesting next year without Edey, but in the meantime they have a legitimate shot at the NC. I don't like it, but it's the truth.
They will s*** the bed: it is what they do. None of their guards will be going pro after this season.

People point to the Syr. game because the coach and team seemed stunned that Syr. was playing a zone. The same zone SYR. had played every game for the past 150 years.
Bingo, we were clearly so unprepared that game, it made you wonder WTH. Then Crean leaves and goes 47-75 at Georgia and you go, "Oh, now I get it."

i get it i am just saying we were already peaked out it had seemed. Still no excuse

Reactions: IUINSB
To be fair, we left ours out there too. And it’s not like they were running their offense.
I read where most coaches with a lead don't remove starters until the losing team swaps out their players, as an admission of the game's end.

Not sure what Lance was upset about after the foul but I suspect things were said back and forth.

The chants and banter are all part of the game and are done in every stadium. Heck, one lone IU fan harassed Edey after the @IU game, despite Edey scoring 33 points and dominating IU at their place.

The game would have gone ugly earlier had Purdue knocked down 40% of their 3pt in the first half. But, as someone said above, when you keave the lane open for Smith to do layup drills, you Kessel the impact of missed 3s.

You should honestly be concerned with his performance tonight. It was basically him and your PG from the Wendy's commercial and he got a lot of points on FTs (per usual at Mackey - ask Chris Collins). We were especially bad and you guys won by 20. Not going to happen against a team with quick guards and good outside perimeter shooting.
Totally disagree obviously - look at the teams we beat non conference - they have any quick guards?

Reactions: pboiler18
I'd say I hope they lose in the first rd of the NCAA tournament, I hope Purdue loses every game.
When You leave your best players on the floor in that circumstance, You are inviting injury, and not intentional. You have players that are already tired from playing most of the game. A step slow to a spot and You bang knees with someone and tear up a knee. You land on Somebody's foot and severely sprain or break an ankle. You make a sharp cut and tear up a knee in a non contact injury, There is no reason to take the risk.

I get those points, but I would think the same of our program if we displayed poor sportsmanship. I'll move on though and lick my wounds.
Through the years IU fans have acted the same or worse. They made fun of Pat Keady. You think Sheehey was a class act? The crowd taunted Haas' sister. How about Crean up 45 pressing the last minute of the game. Ask Calipari's wife about being treated with respect. Sorry but that's a 2 way street. I imagine it's that way everywhere and a whole lot easier to remember when on the losing end. We've been there. . Good luck the rest of the way.

Through the years IU fans have acted the same or worse. They made fun of Pat Keady. You think Sheehey was a class act? The crowd taunted Haas' sister. How about Crean up 45 pressing the last minute of the game. Ask Calipari's wife about being treated with respect. Sorry but that's a 2 way street. I imagine it's that way everywhere and a whole lot easier to remember when on the losing end. We've been there. . Good luck the rest of the way.
You just can’t stop obsessing about what IU fan think lol.

we are a bad team with huge issues so that is the last thing we should worry about. Having to root about them losing an ncaa game means we stink and have nothing else to root about.

You can root for all of Indiana teams this year in the tourney.

Butler and Indiana St could use some support. And hey maybe Woody can learn something from them...

Nahhhhh who am I kidding Woody knows all he needs to know about basketball... He played for Knight 40 years ago. So obviously totally qualified :)

You should honestly be concerned with his performance tonight. It was basically him and your PG from the Wendy's commercial and he got a lot of points on FTs (per usual at Mackey - ask Chris Collins). We were especially bad and you guys won by 20. Not going to happen against a team with quick guards and good outside perimeter shooting.

Lol we have the #1 SoS and have been doing just fine no matter the quality of competition.

We toyed with you and stopped running our offense the last 6 minutes.

I don't think we are worried because we only won by 20 instead of 40.

But please tell us some more how we should be worried about quick guards... As if we haven't faced those types of guards all year.

Woody appreciates all of the criticism of Purdue by IU fans. Keep it coming. (Look there.....not here).

Last edited:
They will s*** the bed: it is what they do. None of their guards will be going pro after this season.
That's relevant. Purdue is a really good team with a good culture. That was a common knock on Knight, that his players didn't do well in the NBA and now you're trying to use that as a knock on Purdue??? They're a good, well-coached and disciplined team. I agree they have vulnerabilities in the backcourt, and if anyone could ever get Edey in foul trouble (how does the biggest most physical player on the floor go an entire game with 1 f'ing foul?), but they are a good team, regardless if any of them ever play in the NBA.

And, I think Edey will have a pretty long NBA career. He's smart and works hard and someone will value having him on their bench in the NBA.

They made fun of Pat Keady.

The crowd taunted Haas' sister.
One: by far the most...and worst comments I heard about the late Ms Keady was from PU grads. By far.

Two: The Haas story is a myth. It never happened. Along with other dumb player "facts" she was noted on a pregame sheet for the student section as a "your sister's better" kinda thing with zero knowledge of her needs.

That fact got out pregame and the student section organizers sent texts out informing them not to use it (I saw the texts)...and they didn't. IU grads helped with the purchase of some equipment for her. You need to end that BS lie.

Oh, and...win big game...run to IU board.

I get those points, but I would think the same of our program if we displayed poor sportsmanship. I'll move on though and lick my wounds.
Yup, not everyone can be as holy as IU - good thing we have a Xavier to show our good sportmanship. Stop it, we suck and Purdue has a much better program right now. It is what it is. Painter runs a clean program - I hate it but he does.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
One: by far the most...and worst comments I heard about the late Ms Keady was from PU grads. By far.

Two: The Haas story is a myth. It never happened. Along with other dumb player "facts" she was noted on a pregame sheet for the student section as a "your sister's better" kinda thing with zero knowledge of her needs.

That fact got out pregame and the student section organizers sent texts out informing them not to use it (I saw the texts)...and they didn't. IU grads helped with the purchase of some equipment for her. You need to end that BS lie.

Oh, and...win big game...run to IU board.
Loooool. Keep makin things up, but whatever fits your narrative. Also, wasn’t a big game…Purdue did not have much to gain from this one.

Loooool. Keep makin things up, but whatever fits your narrative. Also, wasn’t a big game…Purdue did not have much to gain from this one.
Hmmmm, your crowd sure seemed to think it was a damned big game. Love that shreiking howler monkey of a PA you fine folks employ.

And I made nothing up in that post trollboi.

Wish we could be ranked that high and have high expectations. Wishing bad on someone else just because IU sucks is a bad look.
Good point. We suck right now and while it is ok to poke the idiots that come here for validation and troll, we should not wish or root for bad things to happen to a team and coach just because they are doing well. I certainly don't.

You said it best, IU was especially bad so we didn’t need anyone else. Was encouraged by Gillis hitting 3s and Colvin coming in right away hitting a 3 after not playing much the past few games.

If IU played actual defense and wouldn’t be out of position/reach/understand the situation (Reneau with 4 fouls fouling Furst when Furst already had a dunk), then maybe it would have been different for IU for FTs.

watch the northwestern game and you’ll see the style of play NU played did not give them the opportunities to shoot many FTs. Go count the fouls that were missed and while they increase on both sides, NU actually fouled more and the disparity is worse. And yea, edey would have had 4 fouls.

If teams can shoot 50% from 3 on high volume vs any team, they have a good chance to win. The athletic guard play hasnt been as impactful, unless you think UT, Gonzaga, Marquette, Arizona and Alabama don’t have athletic guards?

Reactions: Joetboiler
Hmmmm, your crowd sure seemed to think it was a damned big game. Love that shreiking howler monkey of a PA you fine folks employ.

And I made nothing up in that post trollboi.
How am I trolling if I call you out on your takes of “IU=good/do no wrong ever, Purdue =bad no matter what/classless.” Source: “Trust me bro and anyone else that says different is wrong.”

You’re just making stuff up half the time.

How am I trolling if I call you out on your takes of “IU=good/do no wrong ever, Purdue =bad no matter what/classless.” Source: “Trust me bro and anyone else that says different is wrong.”

You’re just making stuff up half the time.
English please?

Looool. An expected response from you. Nothing to back up any of your takes…just deflect, deflect, deflect.
Point to one thing I have made up here Sparky.

Look you came here Sparky, we don't run to your board after wins or your losses. A PU phenominon.

Reactions: demunn
Never again should Quinn Buckner have any input as to whom IU hires as its coach. Woodson and staff are Calvin Cooledgesque. Very weak leaders.

You said it best, IU was especially bad so we didn’t need anyone else. Was encouraged by Gillis hitting 3s and Colvin coming in right away hitting a 3 after not playing much the past few games.

If IU played actual defense and wouldn’t be out of position/reach/understand the situation (Reneau with 4 fouls fouling Furst when Furst already had a dunk), then maybe it would have been different for IU for FTs.

watch the northwestern game and you’ll see the style of play NU played did not give them the opportunities to shoot many FTs. Go count the fouls that were missed and while they increase on both sides, NU actually fouled more and the disparity is worse. And yea, edey would have had 4 fouls.

If teams can shoot 50% from 3 on high volume vs any team, they have a good chance to win. The athletic guard play hasnt been as impactful, unless you think UT, Gonzaga, Marquette, Arizona and Alabama don’t have athletic guards?
I did watch the NW game, just not with black/gold colored glasses. You coming to post on this board says everything.

This might be the most telling state of affairs in Bloomington. Been to a lot of IU PU games in Mackey and there is always a decent continent of red in the stadium, in the bars before the game and milling about campus. I saw two red sweatshirts the entire day. It was an imposing display of black. There wasn't a Hoosier in sight - can't really blame them for wanting to get caught up in that hornet's nest to be honest. But all in all, I thought Indiana came out with a lot of composure in the face of that hostile crowd.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
This might be the most telling state of affairs in Bloomington. Been to a lot of IU PU games in Mackey and there is always a decent continent of red in the stadium, in the bars before the game and milling about campus. I saw two red sweatshirts the entire day. It was an imposing display of black. There wasn't a Hoosier in sight - can't really blame them for wanting to get caught up in that hornet's nest to be honest. But all in all, I thought Indiana came out with a lot of composure in the face of that hostile crowd.
I was going to make the same point earlier...there were a number of IU fans there but smallest IU contingent I have seen there maybe ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT