ADVERTISEMENT

3 pt Shooting yet????

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Has the hall of fame coach and staff fixed our 3 pt shooting yet?? Tucker is a nice piece and will be great. All mid range on offense and good defender. I hope Woodson doesn’t fall in love with anymore guys that can’t shoot the 3. IU needs 2 and probably 3 shooters, a couple hard nose guards (hopefully a PG ) and a shot blocking/rebounding big. Fingers crossed

IU needs shooters. Guys who can shoot.

Indiana needs at least 2 guys who can shoot in the 40-45% range from 3. That's a shooter.

Reactions: edub72
IU needs shooters. Guys who can shoot.

Indiana needs at least 2 guys who can shoot in the 40-45% range from 3. That's a shooter.
lol ... no it isn't.

We had that this year with Leal and Ware. In conference play only add Gunn. So there were three guys on the team shooting 40% or above in conference play...

3pt shooting percentage doesn't matter unless that player is prolific. I'd rather have someone at 34% that can make 2.3 to 2.5 per game than someone shooting 40 to 45% on less than 1 attempt. Doh ...

3pt percentage fluctuates constantly and sometimes drastically throughout the season and unless at a volume is a very poor indicator of shooting proficiency. 3's made per game is what defines the shooter ..

Last edited:
Has the hall of fame coach and staff fixed our 3 pt shooting yet?? Tucker is a nice piece and will be great. All mid range on offense and good defender. I hope Woodson doesn’t fall in love with anymore guys that can’t shoot the 3. IU needs 2 and probably 3 shooters, a couple hard nose guards (hopefully a PG ) and a shot blocking/rebounding big. Fingers crossed
We can hope but that is a lot of holes. Shooting guard, PG, and a big.

lol ... no it isn't.

We had that this year with Leal and Ware. In conference play only add Gunn. So there were three guys on the team shooting 40% or above in conference play...

3pt shooting percentage doesn't matter unless that player is prolific. I'd rather have someone at 34% that can make 2.3 to 2.5 per game than someone shooting 40 to 45% on less than 1 attempt. Doh ...

3pt percentage fluctuates constantly and sometimes drastically throughout the season and unless at a volume is a very poor indicator of shooting proficiency. 3's made per game is what defines the shooter ..
I appreciate your point. There is something good about momentum when a couple of threes drop.

lol ... no it isn't.

Please humor us peasants just this once and assume we are aware that a shooter has to have a uniform on with both shoes tied before he can be a shooter too.

watch carolina bama , we have 19 openings get athletes 1st , then last 2 schollies get cormac ryan types

lol ... no it isn't.

Damn. I’m not sure this board could exist without your unrivaled wisdom. Thanks for constantly enlightening those of us who are just learning the game. And for always doing it with the douchiest attitude ever witnessed around here.

Bottom 5 Big Ten teams shot 34.5% or worse from 3. None of them made the tourney.
Purdue, on the other hand, shoots over 40% from 3, as a team.

Well when Galloway is guaranteed to start, you better have a PG and wings that can shoot. I would prefer us to move away from Trey and let him be a spark off the bench

watch carolina bama , we have 19 openings get athletes 1st , then last 2 schollies get cormac ryan types
it's goofy thinking if you say recruit a specific need at a specific time. We have lots of needs, snd room for lots of types of players. Unless somethings changed, the only commit we have right now is Tucker, so lots of spots left to address needs. If the next guy that puts his name in, is a great shooter, or defender/rebounder, or steady PG: get him if you can. We have lots of needs and lots of spots.

Bottom 5 Big Ten teams shot 34.5% or worse from 3. None of them made the tourney.
Purdue, on the other hand, shoots over 40% from 3, as a team.
They also play good D and have the NPOY, so there's that. Excellence in any of those areas would help us tremendously.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
lol ... no it isn't.

Really! So if I shoot 15 3’s a game and make 3-4 you’re happy.

I wouldn’t say unfortunately at all. I think he’s a proven starter and has improved every year, except for 3 pointers and FTs. He may surprise us in both areas next year. He’s a hard worker and wants to win. That’s obvious.
Proven starter in the sense that he HAS started? I'm glad he's on the roster, but 33 minutes a game is too much for the caliber of player he is.

Proven starter in the sense that he HAS started? I'm glad he's on the roster, but 33 minutes a game is too much for the caliber of player he is.
We can agree to disagree on this one. He’s had some of his best games against IU’s best opponents. He’s a gamer. Starter (probably) or not, he’s going to play 30+ minutes per game and I think that’s a good thing.

What TMP is saying you need volume at 34-37%. Anything over 33% is more efficient than 50% from 2. Percentage is only important if you can do it in volume. Purdue is #1 in percentage but they are average at makes. They are very efficient at scoring from all levels. You take out Edey and their efficiency is average. I seriously hope Woody ups the takes from 3 next year. His teams have been efficient at mid range and at the rim. Free throws hurt us more than 3s but I acknowledge they need more.

Yea Trey is coming off the bench Mgbako and Tucker are not coming of the bench. Now we must add some shooters and a great point guard for this upcoming season to be a success so far we have added one piece to the puzzle. We need a big who can defend mutiple guards who can shoot and a elite point guard.

Probably get Perkins — Woody loves a veteran PG.

Now it gets interesting. Do we get shooters? Or do we get Hanner 2.0 and that big from Louisville?

Cupps and Galloway are bench players. They can be really good bench players. But if either or both of them are starting next year that is a problem.
I can't imagine a roster where Galloway isn't starting. I get your point, but Trey is functional in Woodson's offense and is likely to be more consistent than new guys he brings in.

I can't imagine a roster where Galloway isn't starting. I get your point, but Trey is functional in Woodson's offense and is likely to be more consistent than new guys he brings in.
Get ready for it.

Yea Trey is coming off the bench Mgbako and Tucker are not coming of the bench. Now we must add some shooters and a great point guard for this upcoming season to be a success so far we have added one piece to the puzzle. We need a big who can defend mutiple guards who can shoot and a elite point guard.
I’m hoping we recruit someone to start over MM and TG and GC

• Haha
Mgbako is going to be a really good player next year. He'll probably hit 35%+ from three and be one of the better 4 men in the country. Conference FOY isn't given out for no reason. Good luck finding someone with better production in the portal.
So far this year i have not seen anyone in the portal yet like a hunter d or ware. Some ok talent but nothing great.

So far this year i have not seen anyone in the portal yet like a hunter d or ware. Some ok talent but nothing great.
The portal is..... broken toys.

If they were truly transcendent players they'd be one and done at the school they signed with no?

Yes.

Not to say there aren't real difference makers in there. Remy Martin was massive in KU''s 2022 championship. Go get them. The center pieces needs to be home grown though.

• Haha
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT