ADVERTISEMENT

3-1 - All in all, not too bad.

Michigan State lost at Nebraska.. We need the whole team for the rest of the way. Where is Sparks? Hurt? I see no reference to his statice..

Good confidence building win.. Go IU!!

The losses have been so ugly, though. This team has the talent to win, but even tonight played paticake defence in the first half, like afraid to get into the players. Except for Trey, most of them were two steps off. Second half was different. Engaged and playing tougher. Nice win and a demonstration of how good they can be. When Ware gets over his Covid hangover, it will help a lot.

Reactions: stollcpa
Michigan State lost at Nebraska.. We need the whole team for the rest of the way. Where is Sparks? Hurt? I see no reference to his statice..

The bench is shortening, which is probably a good thing, except for the part where Mgbako isn't starting the game there.

Sparks did not look full strength in warm ups. Still favoring one leg

Doubt most would have had us at this record right now before the season started. Good news is, we still have a lot of room for improvement.
LOL what? This is the best most of us would have had predicted. Barely get by with no key wins in non conference and 3-1 to start conference season. Stop with this bs.

LOL what? This is the best most of us would have had predicted. Barely get by with no key wins in non conference and 3-1 to start conference season. Stop with this bs.
I guess I wasn’t clear and you didn’t read the post I was responding to. I am saying our record is better than most would have guessed before the season started. If we held people accountable, they would all be eating crow RN

I guess I wasn’t clear and you didn’t read the post I was responding to. I am saying our record is better than most would have guessed before the season started. If we held people accountable, they would all be eating crow RN
Go to bed. You're having an elder moment.

Reactions: bailey777
Not so fast my friend 89 in kenpom Rutgers is 90 a loss will set us back to the point where making the tournament would be almost impossible. We can't afford any bad losses.
Dude, let them play the games. Your persistent pessimism is annoying as hell and you cannot be enjoying the season. Why watch if it only makes you miserable? You didn’t enjoy that game? No way would I watch a game with you.

Not so fast my friend 89 in kenpom Rutgers is 90 a loss will set us back to the point where making the tournament would be almost impossible. We can't afford any bad losses.
More importantly 98th right now in NET. I agree we need a road win at Rutgers and I hope they lost the box with the Kryptonite.

Michigan State isn't good either.

Dude, let them play the games. Your persistent pessimism is annoying as hell and you cannot be enjoying the season. Why watch if it only makes you miserable? You didn’t enjoy that game? No way would I watch a game with you.

How can you enjoy a win when you give up over 20 offensive rebounds and get out rebounded 49-27. I don't know how we won the game I'm glad we won but there are major red flags. Todd Leary pretty much explains how I feel.

Reactions: dr.jb
Well, it's a W ... therefore whether you like it or not it means "something." I'm hoping and looking for more but not at the expense of drivel like "a/any win doesn't matter."

Your right in the NFL but in college basketball you have a resume and not all wins are equal and winning margins matter. Like I said we won but we lose to Rutgers we're in deep sh#t it's a must win if we want to get in the tournament.

Reactions: CriticArisen
Well based on this team's weakness and development will be rough to get a win on the road at Rutgers. I am willing to bet that Rutgers plays their best game of the season and if we win it will be by just enough. We then play a Minnesota team that was picked to finish below us but has won something like 7 in a row. I think they also like us have a lot of weakness to overcome but are playing well for them now.

Resume building is a whole season event and we let some key games like the Kansas game slip through our hands, but we still play Purdue twice and who knows what will happen in those games. I bet you predicted two losses to them last year and guess what Woody's team won both games.

The Nebraska loss still stings. This group should never have lost like that in Lincoln. 4-0 would have been great but 3-1 is right in it. I’ll take it.
Minnesota is 3-1 too, IU and Minnesota both have beat Michigan @ Michigan, both have beat Maryland at home, Minnesota lost @ Ohio State, IU squeaked by OS at home, Minnesota drilled Nebraska at home, IU got drilled at Nebraska. Minnesota is 87 in the Net, IU is 98! Just to keep things in perspective!

How can you enjoy a win when you give up over 20 offensive rebounds and get out rebounded 49-27. I don't know how we won the game I'm glad we won but there are major red flags. Todd Leary pretty much explains how I feel.

Leary I think generally is the best post game analysis (I usually listen to them, Assembly Call and Sleepers) and he doesn't get too up or down and is reasonable. Also has good insights as a former player. The hard part is you have to get through Coyle's wandering questions and line of thinking.

Leary has said a couple times that he'd try Walker in the starting lineup and I just don't know how that would work or who he'd replace. He ended up saying Galloway, but I can't see Walker guarding 2s.

The good news to me is if they just cleaned up the rebounding, this would have been our best effort of the season. Get a normal % of rebounds and this is a 15 pt win. And, rebounding should be one of the easier things to improve on, vs something like "shooting" because that just may not be a skill we have. Rebounding is just effort and between getting Reanu to rebound as he should and our guards to get their share, we should be able to clean that up.

Minnesota is 3-1 too, IU and Minnesota both have beat Michigan @ Michigan, both have beat Maryland at home, Minnesota lost @ Ohio State, IU squeaked by OS at home, Minnesota drilled Nebraska at home, IU got drilled at Nebraska. Minnesota is 87 in the Net, IU is 98! Just to keep things in perspective!
FDU was 785th in NET, and they drilled Purdue... Just to keep things in perspective!

IU's defense in the 2nd half was really good.

IU's offense showed a lot more movement and purpose the last 10 minutes of the game.

Xavier looks to be "back".

CJ Gunn showed some promise.

We beat a good team without Ware or Mack playing well.

I focus on the negative things too much, especially after losses. I wonder if I would have noticed these things had we not ended up winning this game?

Leary I think generally is the best post game analysis (I usually listen to them, Assembly Call and Sleepers) and he doesn't get too up or down and is reasonable. Also has good insights as a former player. The hard part is you have to get through Coyle's wandering questions and line of thinking.

Leary has said a couple times that he'd try Walker in the starting lineup and I just don't know how that would work or who he'd replace. He ended up saying Galloway, but I can't see Walker guarding 2s.

The good news to me is if they just cleaned up the rebounding, this would have been our best effort of the season. Get a normal % of rebounds and this is a 15 pt win. And, rebounding should be one of the easier things to improve on, vs something like "shooting" because that just may not be a skill we have. Rebounding is just effort and between getting Reanu to rebound as he should and our guards to get their share, we should be able to clean that up.
Regarding post game analysis, what is this “Sleepers” you referenced? A Google search turned up Sleeper’s Bar on N Walnut, which I might have to give a shot(glass), so to speak. Does someone broadcast a post game show from here?

Regarding post game analysis, what is this “Sleepers” you referenced? A Google search turned up Sleeper’s Bar on N Walnut, which I might have to give a shot(glass), so to speak. Does someone broadcast a post game show from here?
They do a podcast/vlog on Youtube. Search under Sleepers there. Their focus is B10, but they do most top 20 games as recaps and often do previews for big games nationally and especially B10. Be forewarned: one is an MSU fan and the other UM and they hate on IU and enjoy tweaking IU fans, which I think is good for views. But, they have good banter and with their focus on the B10, it's good and entertaining content without having to watch every game. They also love PU, and IL. One of them actually picked IL as his dark house NC, but he also thinks they are getting Shannon back, and seems to imply he has an inside source. Most IU fans can't stand them, and their slanted IU view does piss me off, but I mostly ignore what they say about IU and listen to it for info on other B10 programs.

Reactions: abraxis
They do a podcast/vlog on Youtube. Search under Sleepers there. Their focus is B10, but they do most top 20 games as recaps and often do previews for big games nationally and especially B10. Be forewarned: one is an MSU fan and the other UM and they hate on IU and enjoy tweaking IU fans, which I think is good for views. But, they have good banter and with their focus on the B10, it's good and entertaining content without having to watch every game. They also love PU, and IL. One of them actually picked IL as his dark house NC, but he also thinks they are getting Shannon back, and seems to imply he has an inside source. Most IU fans can't stand them, and their slanted IU view does piss me off, but I mostly ignore what they say about IU and listen to it for info on other B10 programs.
I think a lot of college basketball fans nationally, especially within the Big Ten, still hate IU for the ass that was Bob Knight and the success he had. Bitterness is a lingering taste. I like that, the lasting impression that was our HOF coach. To hate us is to care about us.

Ya and other teams have hit more 3's but they too carry an L on their resume from IU just like OSU. You got to hit some 2's and in the 2nd half the D rendered the Bucks offense to chicken shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: asindc
The Nebraska loss still stings. This group should never have lost like that in Lincoln. 4-0 would have been great but 3-1 is right in it. I’ll take it.
Really need to win the next two cause the three after that are brutal. But winning at Rutgers will be pretty tough.

Reactions: BigMobe
Seems we've yet to have a game where (a) nobody was out with injury and (b) everyone played well.

Hopefully that's coming soon. Should be hard to beat if we can keep everyone healthy and on the same page.

Really need to win the next two cause the three after that are brutal. But winning at Rutgers will be pretty tough.
This isn’t the Rutgers teams of the past. They can’t shoot. They have one shooter and he’s 35%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT