ADVERTISEMENT

23 million watch NFL Playoffs on Peacock

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
That means you whiny old farts had better figure things out because it’s not going away.

25 million watched Washington and Michigan on Monday night on ESPN, comparatively. Streaming high profile games is here to stay.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
As an IndyCar fan, it's invaluable. All practices and quals for almost every race are on Peacock. Dan Patrick's radio/tv show is too. Glad I had it when the final season of Suits was only on Peacock. I don't mind paying for this one nearly as much as the $20/month to watch Pacers games.

Divide and charge for both pieces, it's the future. Peacock will divide again into "Peacock Sports" and "Peacock Lifestyle" and then Peacock Sports will divide into "Peacock Big 10" and "Peacock SEC" and they'll keep charging you. Ultimately it will be fully PPV they just can't boil the frog that quickly.

You can stream it for free. No way in hell would I pay for B1G network or peacock and I don’t know why anyone would.

I was luckily able to add the black Friday deal this year, which was like $1.99/month for a year. Im sure it will go way way up after the years over though, in which I will cancel!

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
You can stream it for free. No way in hell would I pay for B1G network or peacock and I don’t know why anyone would.
Actually, paying a full year to watch games is cheaper than sitting in the nosebleeds and buying a meal at an NFL or NBA game. I can't understand why anyone would ever buy season tickets to either of those. Such a waste of money.

Actually, paying a full year to watch games is cheaper than sitting in the nosebleeds and buying a meal at an NFL or NBA game. I can't understand why anyone would ever buy season tickets to either of those. Such a waste of money.
because you might see Taylor Swift, the odds of her coming through your front door are pretty slim.

5.99 is the regular price. And I really don’t get why everyone is bitching about it . My picture was crystal clear and the angles/replays are fine.
Most that complain about picture have base internet. Most have zero clue what they are paying for. Streaming has been a godsend.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
My gripe with Peacock or BTN+ is the freaking inconvenience of it. You're basically locked into the app. At timeouts I bounce around to other games. When you're watching a Peacock game, by the time you leave the app, go to your provider (Hulu in my case) and then back and boot up Peacock, you're either late getting back to the game or saw 5 seconds of the one you switched to.

I'm going to end with multiple TVs when my wife eventually leaves me for constantly bitching about it.

My gripe with Peacock or BTN+ is the freaking inconvenience of it. You're basically locked into the app. At timeouts I bounce around to other games. When you're watching a Peacock game, by the time you leave the app, go to your provider (Hulu in my case) and then back and boot up Peacock, you're either late getting back to the game or saw 5 seconds of the one you switched to.

I'm going to end with multiple TVs when my wife eventually leaves me for constantly bitching about it.
You need a TV that can do split-screen among multiple inputs.

You need a TV that can do split-screen among multiple inputs.
It can, but everything is coming off one Roku. That opens up another avenue with casting Peacock from another device along with the app for Fisch, but then that's one more thing for me to bitch about.

Mrs. hooky is not gonna like this at all.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
That means you whiny old farts had better figure things out because it’s not going away.

25 million watched Washington and Michigan on Monday night on ESPN, comparatively. Streaming high profile games is here to stay.
They went to BTN so everyone had to pay for that, now they've changed the rules again and want more money but when people don't like it you think they're just whiny old farts? Noted.

Watching Notre Dame football games is way better on Peacock plus they have some good movies and shows.

They went to BTN so everyone had to pay for that, now they've changed the rules again and want more money but when people don't like it you think they're just whiny old farts? Noted.
"It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is most adaptable to change".

It’s funny how angry people are about streaming. It’s literally the easiest and best thing that’s happened in entertainment. Keep paying 150 a month for cable that’s nothing but advertising channels. I’ll pay less by pausing content. You aren’t locked in to a contract. 3 months of peacock. 9 months of YouTube tv. 2 months of BTN plus. Is way cheaper than directv or any cable company by a long shot.

Reactions: WhyisIUBBcursed
It’s funny how angry people are about streaming. It’s literally the easiest and best thing that’s happened in entertainment. Keep paying 150 a month for cable that’s nothing but advertising channels. I’ll pay less by pausing content. You aren’t locked in to a contract. 3 months of peacock. 9 months of YouTube tv. 2 months of BTN plus. Is way cheaper than directv or any cable company by a long shot.

IMO, it has it's drawbacks. As it was eluded to above, it is a kind of a pain to switch between platforms.
Peacocks pause, reverse and fast forward SUCKS.

But it is nice to switch on and off at will. I was with Dish for YEARS and they wouldn't even lower the price to match, so screw them and their dying business model!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT