ADVERTISEMENT

23 million watch NFL Playoffs on Peacock

Totally agree about the platform to platform switch. Nearly impossible to not miss something. And why all these services reinvent the wheel over and over with new interfaces is beyond me.

I’ve had Hulu, DirecTV Stream, now Fubo as my primary. With Peacock, B1G, ESPN, BallySports, Netflix, Prime, Showtime, and occasionally HBO as add-ons. Pretty sure I’ve saved a chunk since telling DirectTv, Comcast, ATT, and DISH to pound sand.

It’s funny how angry people are about streaming. It’s literally the easiest and best thing that’s happened in entertainment. Keep paying 150 a month for cable that’s nothing but advertising channels. I’ll pay less by pausing content. You aren’t locked in to a contract. 3 months of peacock. 9 months of YouTube tv. 2 months of BTN plus. Is way cheaper than directv or any cable company by a long shot.
You're conveniently not including the $90-$100 for internet service.

Reactions: kmathum
i
That means you whiny old farts had better figure things out because it’s not going away.

25 million watched Washington and Michigan on Monday night on ESPN, comparatively. Streaming high profile games is here to stay.
am not an old guy but i am not paying to watch a couple games on it.

That means you whiny old farts had better figure things out because it’s not going away.

25 million watched Washington and Michigan on Monday night on ESPN, comparatively. Streaming high profile games is here to stay.
Indiana ever puts a real product on the floor..It'll be worth it.
But that's post Woodson ~

One bonus is that you don't have to wait for the previous game to end and miss the first 7:00 of the game you want to watch (I'm talking to you ESPN).
Don’t have that issue with ESPN either. It starts right on time on the app or one of their other channels. But we’re rarely on ESPN now anyway. Non-conference only.

Your Indiana tax dollars support the university (in tonight's case 2 state universities) but some corporate clowns are making obscene profits by allowing you to watch.
Ain't America great?

Reactions: papawboog
Your Indiana tax dollars support the university (in tonight's case 2 state universities) but some corporate clowns are making obscene profits by allowing you to watch.
Ain't America great?
You're such a wealth of insight. I wish you posted more.

Bored The Office GIF

Who doesn’t have internet anyhow??
Probably but streaming is the main reason I have it, I can pretty much do anything else on my phone.

Point is, internet service + all the different streaming services you need is pretty much what people used to pay for a decent cable package.

Probably but streaming is the main reason I have it, I can pretty much do anything else on my phone.

Point is, internet service + all the different streaming services you need is pretty much what people used to pay for a decent cable package.
Before streaming you had 2 choices. Bundle your internet with cable. My bundle was always locked in for two years with one year at a discount. Packages typically were 100 bucks for both for the first year then 150 bucks after that. (That was 5-6 years ago)My 500mb setup is 46 bucks plus 75 for YouTube. I only have it for 9 months. Add on 5.99 for three months of peacock, Disney is 13.99. Max is free. Amazon prime is 120 a year. With inflation etc…it’s still cheaper. I was getting hosed by directv too. It’s still cheaper. Internet is a must for us and most. I’ve had internet for 25 years. I do not count that as an entertainment cost.

IMO, it has it's drawbacks. As it was eluded to above, it is a kind of a pain to switch between platforms.
Peacocks pause, reverse and fast forward SUCKS.

But it is nice to switch on and off at will. I was with Dish for YEARS and they wouldn't even lower the price to match, so screw them and their dying business model!
It's not really any cheaper by the time you have to pay for multiple streaming services. The on demand part is nice though. I find it interesting when younger people make fun of the older generation, you know, the generation that invented EVERYTHING the younger generation enjoys and think they can't live without.

As an IndyCar fan, it's invaluable. All practices and quals for almost every race are on Peacock. Dan Patrick's radio/tv show is too. Glad I had it when the final season of Suits was only on Peacock. I don't mind paying for this one nearly as much as the $20/month to watch Pacers games.
Interesting they have Indy 500 coverage. I was planning to cancel, but maybe keep it for a year.

Reactions: Bucket Getter

I hear ya!
I'm an old fart and I don't like the move.
I'm confident you are correct, and the isolated streaming only gets worse.
On the bright side, the Rutgers game reminded me how much I like Fish.
It also reminded me I like sports, but my life doesn't revolve around watching them.
Plenty of fishing spots to go see and Robert Trent Jones has tee times!
Good luck to all and go Hoosiers!
P.S., glad tonight's game isn't a f-ing peacock. Huge Grin!

It’s funny how angry people are about streaming. It’s literally the easiest and best thing that’s happened in entertainment. Keep paying 150 a month for cable that’s nothing but advertising channels. I’ll pay less by pausing content. You aren’t locked in to a contract. 3 months of peacock. 9 months of YouTube tv. 2 months of BTN plus. Is way cheaper than directv or any cable company by a long shot.
Really! I have Hulu and it costs me $130 a month Netflix $25 Prime video $100/ year. Peacock is 5.99 but so was the others. When everyone starts watching Peacock it’s going to go up up and up just like all the rest.

Really! I have Hulu and it costs me $130 a month Netflix $25 Prime video $100/ year. Peacock is 5.99 but so was the others. When everyone starts watching Peacock it’s going to go up up and up just like all the rest.
Hulu live? It’s 75.99 not sure what add ons you have. Prime works for me because I’ve always had it regardless of cable or streaming. I order enough stuff online it pays for it. I canceled Netflix)it sucks) like I said I pause YouTube tv for 4 months of the year. I don’t watch much tv in the summer after March. If you do the math it’s still way cheaper than cable etc….regardless of bundles. Plus you aren’t locked into a contract. I’ll pause peacock too once the seasons over. Only thing I don’t pause is Disney and prime. Oh and HBO Max has channels too. Like discovery, own, etc….i get max free with my cell phone.

Hulu live? It’s 75.99 not sure what add ons you have. Prime works for me because I’ve always had it regardless of cable or streaming. I order enough stuff online it pays for it. I canceled Netflix)it sucks) like I said I pause YouTube tv for 4 months of the year. I don’t watch much tv in the summer after March. If you do the math it’s still way cheaper than cable etc….regardless of bundles. Plus you aren’t locked into a contract. I’ll pause peacock too once the seasons over. Only thing I don’t pause is Disney and prime. Oh and HBO Max has channels too. Like discovery, own, etc….i get max free with my cell phone.
my dad told me they used to have 3 channels and if you wanted to change them you had to walk up to the tv and turn something called a dial. and if the tv quit working you had to climb a pole and call someone to come fix it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mobes
I have had peacock for some time because it has been cheap. I'm old. So that has little to do with streaming vs not. I pay to stream MLB and NBA. NFL clearly doesn't care about their fans. They soon will have games on many streaming apps. They have You tube, Amazon and Peacock. Max, ESPN+ and Yahoo and Paramount willl probably get in on the action soon. Yahoo has done a bit so far. Imagine buying the NFL Sunday Ticket for your left arm but then NFL wants your right arm to watch games on other streaming apps.

I still don't see the benefit of going with YouTube TVor Hulu plus over DirectV. Do they let you FF thru commercials or do you have to pay extra to remove commercials? That's what I thought. Also needed to fork up money for faster internet speeds. Eventually the streaming providers will be as expensive as the satellite/cable companies. They getting close now.

I don't care about the NFL much but watch some. I watched Cowboy game and Detroit game. I tuned in to the KC game on peacock just because of the cold weather factor. I was gone by halftime. Looks like all the games were a dud except for Detroit game. NFL is just so overrated. Their fans complain about baseball and lack of action but an NFL play is like 6 seconds then 30 seconds of listening to the Tony romo's of the worldand watching players run in and out of a huddle. The amount of commercials is stupid.

Bally sports is an issue. Gotta have Rangers baseball. I still may go with Hulu plus over DTV but depends on who airs Rangers game.

BIG signed a contract until 2030. I’ve had Peacock for over a year. Worth it just for Yellowstone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT