ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Concerts/shows you are planning to see

Went with the wife to see hairbangers ball at the bluebird Saturday night.

Now, before you all rightfully bury me, let me offer a defense.

She went before with her sisters but neither one of them could go that night. She REALLY wanted to go but didn’t want to go alone. So, she was left to try and convince me.

Let’s just say she was REALLY persuasive.

She went before with her sisters but neither one of them could go that night. She REALLY wanted to go but didn’t want to go alone. So, she was left to try and convince me.

I wouldn't apologize for going to see that show. F anyone who judges your taste in music, unless it's Y2K country .

I wouldn't apologize for going to see that show. F anyone who judges your taste in music, unless it's Y2K country .
Yep, I like lots of songs and some acts, many would consider shitty, but if you like it, you like it. I've posted often about seeing Yacht Rock and they are doing covers, but they do them really well, do some fun little wrinkles and everyone is dancing and singing along... hard to argue with that. Reminds me sort of a cross between a Buffet concert and an Irish pub.

No wonder you are against gun ownership

Just starting to go to concerts again. What shows have you gotten tickets to since music is starting back up? In 2021 I got tix to Jamey Johnson, Blackberry Smoke and Straight No Chaser last year and ended up not being able to go to any due to covid issues. Did go see Psychedelic Furs locally. This year I bought tix to Yacht Rock Revue, Flogging Molly and Whiskey Myers. I boycott many of the bigger shows locally because I hate the big outdoor concert venue in Charlotte due to the horrendous traffic and parking mess, so I only go to shows there once in a blue moon.

What shows are you planning to see in 2022?
Santana 7/9/22

Santana 7/9/22

a little OT, but i saw Pure Funk absolutely kill it doing Black Magic Woman, including the extended instrumental jam take off with added percussion, in the Briscoe lounge. (early 70s when the Santana version came out).

wouldn't mention it, but they absolutely killed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkott
Going to DMB both tomorrow and Saturday.

Thinking about going to Dead and Company on Tuesday, but I would have to pull a all nighter because I didn't get my request off for work in on time.

I'm not super young anymore but maybe a quick cat nap on the way home could be in order to get me through work the next day.

Reactions: T.M.P. and kkott
Have seen Garth Brooks/Sammy Hagar & the Circle recently and last night Jackson Browne.

All 1st class shows for different reasons. The thing they all had in common was their stamina, both Garth & Sammy were still very active while Jackson really paced himself but his vocals still sound like a young man.

Although I'm a setlist geek, (need to get help for that - I know) If anyone checks setlist fm it's not quite accurate from last night.

Jackson slipped in "Your Bright Baby Blues" after "These Days" .

As a Huge JB fan, I was pleased to see him do a real variety of material.

I can post more if there is interest.

Wife and I are doing Sting at The Palladium. We totally lucked out on that one and got killer seats too. 2 minutes before tix went on sale, online, she had two box seats in the cart and was able to check out. 2 minutes later it was sold out and there were a bunch of pizzed peeps. I think they screwed that up. But, their mistake was our gift :)

Thought about Little Feat. We saw them at Cains Ballroom in Tulsa in 95. IDK who is still in the band but they are coming to Nashville Indiana and doing the entire Waiting For Columbus soundtrack. They certainly won't have the Tower of Power horn section, but still a thought.

Also doing Black Keys at Ruoff. Im still pissed that they were booked with Gary Clark and then covid hit and....Arrrggghhhh Really wanted to see that one.
Make sure you see the opener, Band of Horses for the Black Keys show.

None of you guys into the War on Drugs? They put on a great show at White River a few weeks back. My daughter called it “dad rock” because there were tons of Middle Aged dad types. She wasn’t wrong. If you’re a Tom Petty, Bruce, Dylan fan and don’t mind some longer jams you should try these guys out. Great band.

I'm curious, you seem so hateful of country, who do you think is a good country artist, today or in the past? I agree there is a lot of crap country out there, but to me as a non-musician, it seems to be less complex and simpler musically anyway, no? You mentioned Steve Earle and he often gets put under the country label, even though outside of Copperhead Road he never gets played on country stations, what about guys like Tyler Childers, Marcus King (about as country to me as Steve Earle), Sturgill Simpson, or even Yoakam or Stapleton who have had pretty good commercial success, all of whom I think are pretty talented artists. Just curious if it's the artist or the genre for you.
Pay better attention, I'm not against country I'm against manufactured clown acts, which includes Nashville country, boy bands, Christian rock, and strippers that don't strip. I probably listen to 10 times the country country fans do, except it's real music made by musicians, not marketing agents and music company CEO's.

They are all the same thing, same formulaic paint by number tripe for the ignorant, different outfits ... it's all fake.

Last edited:
you're posting this at 5:26am and haven't been to bed yet? Salute!

Just got to deer creek for night two. Running on 2 hours of sleep. Don't think my better half slept at all. Looks to be more people then last night. Should be another great night. Thank God tomorrow is a day of rest.

Just got to deer creek for night two. Running on 2 hours of sleep. Don't think my better half slept at all. Looks to be more people then last night. Should be another great night. Thank God tomorrow is a day of rest.

Concert was fantastic, yet again. So many more people then last night, but such a beautiful vibe. Not gonna get out of here for probably another hour or two so we'll wonder around the campground and make more friends.

So much fun. Dead and company on Tuesday.

Concert was fantastic, yet again. So many more people then last night, but such a beautiful vibe. Not gonna get out of here for probably another hour or two so we'll wonder around the campground and make more friends.

So much fun. Dead and company on Tuesday.

Well, made it back to the hotel and time to sleep for a couple hours and then go home. Only got a little over a hour or so drive so I only need to survive for that long tomorrow. I miss my girls so it'll be nice to see them tomorrow when we get home. Maybe they'll let me sleep a bit.... one can hope.

Working on a trip to Denver the weekend of July 17th. There’s a Trampled By Turtles show at Red Rocks I might take the wife to. I’ve always wanted to hit this venue so I’m willing to put up with a whole two hours of a string band.

Reactions: Shadesof Crimson
Working on a trip to Denver the weekend of July 17th. There’s a Trampled By Turtles show at Red Rocks I might take the wife to. I’ve always wanted to hit this venue so I’m willing to put up with a whole two hours of a string band.
Red Rocks is worth the trip. I saw TPATH & Joe Walsh there a few months before Petty Passed. If you're into hiking, go out either the day before or day of & hike the trails that surround the park and then stop by the Colorado Music Hall of fame.

It's also fun to walk around the venue when an act is not performing so you can get a better feel for everything. (I realize that's a time commitment that not everyone can make)

Bottom line, you have to see a show there, it lives up to ( & surpasses in some ways) the hype.

Reactions: evvcabinetman
Red Rocks is worth the trip. I saw TPATH & Joe Walsh there a few months before Petty Passed. If you're into hiking, go out either the day before or day of & hike the trails that surround the park and then stop by the Colorado Music Hall of fame.

It's also fun to walk around the venue when an act is not performing so you can get a better feel for everything. (I realize that's a time commitment that not everyone can make)

Bottom line, you have to see a show there, it lives up to ( & surpasses in some ways) the hype.
Agree 100% - that was a bucket list item for me and more than lived up to the expectations.

Went to the Outlaw Music Fest last night. It was a much better lineup than the previous year I had attended. I went into the show most excited to see Jason Isbell ad I’ve seen him before but left feeling Charlie Crockett @MyTeamIsOnTheFloor and Nathaniel Rateliff stole the show. I never bothered to buy Nathaniel’s music as its always on the radio but man he puts on a show with the Night Sweats. I’ve seen many shows but he’s the real deal. He lays it all out there..the guy is intense….i worry about his long term health, not sure how long he can live like this. Not sure how much he’s drinking but I get the sense it’s a lot. His band brings the energy and its complete mayhem on stage. I saw a lot of people like myself who knew who he was but maybe not we’ll and just listened at first until we were all compelled to stand and join the party.

Jason Isbell was fine but I’d rather catch him at one of his 8 Ryman performances coming up.
Willie is Willie…a national treasure. Not sure how much longer he can play but he still has the voice.
Overall a great night with the lady..

I saw Jason Bonham and Led Zeppelin Evening last night with my son. LZ is his all-time favorite band so I knew he'd like the show. I had seen video of the band so I knew they sounded good but they exceeded my expectations. My son said it was one of his favorite shows ever - if you like Led Zeppelin you'll love seeing this tribute band.

Went to the Outlaw Music Fest last night. It was a much better lineup than the previous year I had attended. I went into the show most excited to see Jason Isbell ad I’ve seen him before but left feeling Charlie Crockett @MyTeamIsOnTheFloor and Nathaniel Rateliff stole the show. I never bothered to buy Nathaniel’s music as its always on the radio but man he puts on a show with the Night Sweats. I’ve seen many shows but he’s the real deal. He lays it all out there..the guy is intense….i worry about his long term health, not sure how long he can live like this. Not sure how much he’s drinking but I get the sense it’s a lot. His band brings the energy and its complete mayhem on stage. I saw a lot of people like myself who knew who he was but maybe not we’ll and just listened at first until we were all compelled to stand and join the party.

Jason Isbell was fine but I’d rather catch him at one of his 8 Ryman performances coming up.
Willie is Willie…a national treasure. Not sure how much longer he can play but he still has the voice.
Overall a great night with the lady..
Texas twang is the twangiest!

You like Dale Watson?
Like, don’t love all.

His lyrics seem forced sometimes, like he was in a hurry to finish and the song hasn’t simmered down to its final version yet. But his covers are good and he is definitely 1950’s Texas roadhouse twang.

I saw Hairbangers Ball the night before you did, at the Franklin amphitheater. I thought that they were good, for the type of music they play. Most of those songs I have heard thousands of times. It was a nice venue that Franklin built down there, and it was a beautiful night, so that helped.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Saw Billy Joel on Saturday @ Notre Dame. Tickets from my daughter back in 2020, concert was canceled twice. I like some of Joel’s songs, but wouldn’t consider myself a big fan. His show was awesome! Estimating 50,000+fans in the stadium. He played for 2 hours, in a suit and tie, at age 73😳

Reactions: Ohio Guy and kkott
Agree 100% - that was a bucket list item for me and more than lived up to the expectations.
my son is doing a cross country trip and one of his upcoming stops is Red Rocks. Can't remember who he's seeing there but I think it's in early July. Left Charlotte about 3 weeks ago and hit Greenville SC, Chattanooga and Nashville TN, Tuscaloosa, New Orleans, Houston, Austin, San Antonio and is currently in Big Bend NP. We outfitted his car with a sleeping platform and storage but so far, he's been using couchsurfer.com or staying with friends or acquantances. Couchsurfer sounds weird; I thought it was AirBnB light, but he said after you register, you don't even pay to stay with someone. Not sure what the incentive is... but hoping it's not fresh victims! They guy in Houston helped him a ton, with AAA, tools and driving him around when he had a bit of car trouble.

Saw Billy Joel on Saturday @ Notre Dame. Tickets from my daughter back in 2020, concert was canceled twice. I like some of Joel’s songs, but wouldn’t consider myself a big fan. His show was awesome! Estimating 50,000+fans in the stadium. He played for 2 hours, in a suit and tie, at age 73😳
Yeah, I saw BJ I think on that 2020 tour and I went primarily because the woman I was dating had tix and really wanted to go. I like BJ but don't listen to much of his music anymore and really didn't expect much. He was terrific then too. I haven't heard as good a comments about Elton's final tour and how he sounded and performed.

Pay better attention, I'm not against country I'm against manufactured clown acts, which includes Nashville country, boy bands, Christian rock, and strippers that don't strip. I probably listen to 10 times the country country fans do, except it's real music made by musicians, not marketing agents and music company CEO's.

They are all the same thing, same formulaic paint by number tripe for the ignorant, different outfits ... it's all fake.
I feel like I have paid attention; I don't ever recall you saying anything positve about any country artist and you didn't comment on any that I mentioned, which makes me think you're lumping all of them in your formulaic category? Well, and to clarify, I've seen you say positive things about Steve Earle, but I don't even think of him as country.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT