ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Concerts/shows you are planning to see

I haven't seen Marcus King in several years - he's really starting to get some notice out there and I'd like to see him again sometime soon. One of his biggest inspirations when he was starting out was Warren Haynes, so you know he had good taste even as a kid!
Thought Marcus King was great. He's recruited a really solid band around him so it's far from a one man show and he involved the warm up acts a good bit too, so it's obvious they like touring together. Brought out his fiance, who was a good singer and they'd dated in Charlotte so they gave a shout out to some local spots, and he also had his Dad on stage for an encore. Sort of like when I've seen the Avett Bros... just a bunch of musicians that like to play together.

Thought the warm up act (there were 2, but missed the first gal) Neal Francis, was good too. I'd like to see them on their own and he's from Chicago so maybe some of you midwesterners might try to catch him.

Thought Marcus King was great. He's recruited a really solid band around him so it's far from a one man show and he involved the warm up acts a good bit too, so it's obvious they like touring together. Brought out his fiance, who was a good singer and they'd dated in Charlotte so they gave a shout out to some local spots, and he also had his Dad on stage for an encore. Sort of like when I've seen the Avett Bros... just a bunch of musicians that like to play together.

Thought the warm up act (there were 2, but missed the first gal) Neal Francis, was good too. I'd like to see them on their own and he's from Chicago so maybe some of you midwesterners might try to catch him.
My son and I saw Blackberry Smoke at the Ryman a couple years ago and Marcus came on stage for a couple songs - watching him and Charlie Star together on stage was a real treat. I've had a shit year with both parents being diagnosed with cancer and my son going through a devastating divorce, so I haven't seen much live music this year. I'm going to spend some time later this year planning some music outings for 2023.

My son and I saw Blackberry Smoke at the Ryman a couple years ago and Marcus came on stage for a couple songs - watching him and Charlie Star together on stage was a real treat. I've had a shit year with both parents being diagnosed with cancer and my son going through a devastating divorce, so I haven't seen much live music this year. I'm going to spend some time later this year planning some music outings for 2023.
I've had tix twice to see Blackberry Smoke and neither panned out. Band members got covid the first time and I had something come up the 2nd when they were playing w Jamey Johnson. Couldn't even sell those and had to eat a pair of tix!

Sorry about your year, cancer is the devil and a divorce isn't a bed of roses either. Hopefully it leads to a better place for him. Definitely get out and see some music... or a comedy show or any live performance really. Good to help get your mind off things for a while.

I've had tix twice to see Blackberry Smoke and neither panned out. Band members got covid the first time and I had something come up the 2nd when they were playing w Jamey Johnson. Couldn't even sell those and had to eat a pair of tix!

Sorry about your year, cancer is the devil and a divorce isn't a bed of roses either. Hopefully it leads to a better place for him. Definitely get out and see some music... or a comedy show or any live performance really. Good to help get your mind off things for a while.
Mrs Cabinetman and I had tix to Blackberry Smoke in Nashville Indiana a couple months back but we ended up selling them - neither one of us was in much of a mood to do anything at that point in time due to all the shit going on. I'm ready now to go do something. I'm thinking of taking a road trip down to Clarksdale, MS to see Kingfish Ingram at a club there in December. He's from that area so I'm sure it will be a good show.

Reactions: kkott
and kudos on the Ryman, that's a bucket list venue! I think I've bought tix twice to shows there and then ended up canceling the trip both times.

and kudos on the Ryman, that's a bucket list venue! I think I've bought tix twice to shows there and then ended up canceling the trip both times.
I've been to two shows there - really cool venue. If you get tickets there make sure you're either in front of the pillars in the lower level or up in the balcony. The only bad seats at the Ryman are the ones where the pillars obstruct your view. I've crossed two venues off my bucket list - Red Rocks and the Ryman. I want to see a show at the Beacon in NYC and I'd love to see an Austin City Limits show - those are two more bucket list venues for me. The Hollywood Bowl and the Gorge in Washington state are two more I'd like to do someday. I don't know much about the Gorge but it sounds like an amazing venue. Red Rocks is hard to top, though.

I've been to two shows there - really cool venue. If you get tickets there make sure you're either in front of the pillars in the lower level or up in the balcony. The only bad seats at the Ryman are the ones where the pillars obstruct your view. I've crossed two venues off my bucket list - Red Rocks and the Ryman. I want to see a show at the Beacon in NYC and I'd love to see an Austin City Limits show - those are two more bucket list venues for me. The Hollywood Bowl and the Gorge in Washington state are two more I'd like to do someday. I don't know much about the Gorge but it sounds like an amazing venue. Red Rocks is hard to top, though.
Great list. I'll add another venue on my list: have you ever seen the Bluegrass Underground series on PBS? I think that looks really cool!

I've seen some video
Great list. I'll add another venue on my list: have you ever seen the Bluegrass Underground series on PBS? I think that looks really cool!

I've never been there but I've seen some video - I agree that looks like a really unique venue and since I'm not that far from it, I need to get on their email list for next year's shows.

Reactions: kkott
I got my tix to John Hiatt/Buddy Guy at White River Park. I've never seen Buddy Guy and he's been on my list for several years.
2 of my favorite shows ever included John Hiatt. His solo performance at The Pageant in StL left me spellbound. Never seen a better performance and he was all alone.

The other was he and Hootie in Nashville - Starwood Ampitheater. Chet Atkins and Bela Fleck were guests onstage also. Great night.

Saw him with Jackson Browne in Louisville back in the mid-90’s. Another great one.

2 of my favorite shows ever included John Hiatt. His solo performance at The Pageant in StL left me spellbound. Never seen a better performance and he was all alone.

The other was he and Hootie in Nashville - Starwood Ampitheater. Chet Atkins and Bela Fleck were guests onstage also. Great night.

Saw him with Jackson Browne in Louisville back in the mid-90’s. Another great one.
Damnit, now you make me regret not making a special trip to FL to see he and Buddy Guy. Think Buddy Guy's on his final tour and is coming to Charlotte next spring.

Reactions: mohoosier
Turnpike was solid … the three this year have been Billy Strings, JJ Grey & Mofro and then Turnpike Troubadours.

Done for the year … but need to start looking for next year.
How was Billy Strings? His star has really taken off. He was playing small bar venues last year and I just saw he's coming to Wake Forest's bball arena, which is a decent sized venue.

How was Billy Strings? His star has really taken off. He was playing small bar venues last year and I just saw he's coming to Wake Forest's bball arena, which is a decent sized venue.

Phenomenal … go see it, can’t recommend enough.

Hell, if you need/want a buddy let me know … I’m 30 minutes from there and would be glad to drop some coin for another looksie.

Reactions: Eppy99
Phenomenal … go see it, can’t recommend enough.

Hell, if you need/want a buddy let me know … I’m 30 minutes from there and would be glad to drop some coin for another looksie.
Thanks! I forgot tix went on sale this morning I believe and according to Ticketbastards, all that are left are crumbs in the upper level at LJC. Guess it's on to the secondary market if I want to go!

Thanks! I forgot tix went on sale this morning I believe and according to Ticketbastards, all that are left are crumbs in the upper level at LJC. Guess it's on to the secondary market if I want to go!
Yea … I was not paying attention either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT