ADVERTISEMENT

2 great games in the B1G tonight

hometownfan

Freshman
Feb 3, 2004
Rutgers vs. PSU 1 point victory for psu. Then gophers snatch defeat from victory from the twerps just like the Hoosiers did when the twerps were in B-town. I was at that game and still need therapy to recover from that horrible loss. The B1G is brutal this year but Maryland seems like the team of destiny.

Maryland wanted to win and Minnesota wanted to coast with a lead. That was a slow moving train wreck. Pitino did nothing to fix it despite Oturu pouring in 28.

Reactions: kkott
2 more big games tonight. Wish tip times were staggered though vs being played same time, which is rare in the BT.

Maryland has a complete team and they find ways to win. Still would not be surprised to see them lose early in the conf tourney because no team in conf has shown an ability to do much away from home. Only two teams have a winning away record for the season as of today.

I'm hopeful IU can compete tonight based on what they have done of late, but not sure they win. Haven't seen enough quality play on the road to think they will turn it around now.

Instead, I see it as IU has 4 games to win 2. That gets them to 20 wins and a .500 record in conference. From there, win one game in the conf tourney (i.e., don't get bounced game one to a bad team) and you are at least finishing 21-12. That's a ticket to the big dance IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: hometownfan
MD is on top this year because of strong guard play from Cowan. You need talented big men and shooters, but Cowan has set MD apart from the rest of the league. This is what IU needs....our guard play, good or bad, usually determines the outcome of our games. And this will be on display tonight. Both IU and Purdue have had inconsistent seasons from their backcourts. The backcourt who gets their act together tonight will win.

I am cautiously optimistic at this point about our chances to make it into the dance even though at we'll be squeaking in at probably a 9-11 seed. At this time of year I think teams are either getting better or you're getting worse. It appears we're on the upswing. Although we've still not put together a full 40 minutes of sustained efficient, smart, tough basketball, we are playing better more consistently throughout recent games.

Maryland wanted to win and Minnesota wanted to coast with a lead. That was a slow moving train wreck. Pitino did nothing to fix it despite Oturu pouring in 28.
Minnesota choked from the free throw line. Missed three of four the last minute or so.

MD is on top this year because of strong guard play from Cowan. You need talented big men and shooters, but Cowan has set MD apart from the rest of the league. This is what IU needs....our guard play, good or bad, usually determines the outcome of our games. And this will be on display tonight. Both IU and Purdue have had inconsistent seasons from their backcourts. The backcourt who gets their act together tonight will win.

I have only watched about 3-4 of their games but their big (Jaylon?) was the best player on their team and sure isn't hurting them any. I'd say it's that they have a solid lead guard and multi-faceted post.

When we played MN I thought there were alot of parallels between our teams. Neither team seemed to know how to win. I thought for much of the 2nd half that game was there for the taking for either team. We did just enough to win, but I think if either team had the confidence and energy MD plays with, it could have been a double digit win for either of them.

I have only watched about 3-4 of their games but their big (Jaylon?) was the best player on their team and sure isn't hurting them any. I'd say it's that they have a solid lead guard and multi-faceted post.
totally agree with you...I hate calling out our own players, but put Cowan on this IU squad, and ...well...you see where I'm going...

Jalen Smith is beast. A lot of NBA $$ waiting for him in few months.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT