ADVERTISEMENT

1-0...let’s be positive

hoosierfan35

Sophomore
Mar 11, 2010
Defense and the run game were disappointing for sure, but, aside from the two interceptions, I thought Penix had a solid game. Kicking and punting game was unbelievable. I have no doubt that Coach Allen and his staff will use this game as a huge teaching tool and they will come out improved. Let’s stay positive and enjoy the victory.

TCB baby thats what its all about! Hats off to Ball State they have a couple solid RB's man.

The drops by the IU receivers are just dumb! Same thing last year when Penix was QB. defense is gonna get killed this week with the Oklahoma drill...Learn to tackle!

TCB baby thats what its all about! Hats off to Ball State they have a couple solid RB's man.

The drops by the IU receivers are just dumb! Same thing last year when Penix was QB. defense is gonna get killed this week with the Oklahoma drill...Learn to tackle!

Ball needs to run stairs repeatedly this week. Silly, silly penalties. We finally got some pressure on their QB in the 2nd half but the DBs were lost and tackling was horrific.

Forgot I was supposed to be positive.

Great win!

We started 3-0 last season, beating two bowl teams, thumping Ball State soundly....and finished 5-7. This team looks no better.

We started 3-0 last season, beating two bowl teams, thumping Ball State soundly....and finished 5-7. This team looks no better.
New coordinators so I expected some errors and learning curves. All good! Ball State won what 10 of 11 of their last openers. They played tough while we made mistakes. At least we got the W and didn't botch the game. Adjust and move on!

I was happy with Penix, a couple of mistakes but first game and has to learn. I dont know if Scott was hurt but he was mostly down on contact all day. Ball needs to move down on the depth chart or move to LB. McFadden needs to wrap up obviously. Lots to work on.

I was happy with Penix, a couple of mistakes but first game and has to learn. I dont know if Scott was hurt but he was mostly down on contact all day. Ball needs to move down on the depth chart or move to LB. McFadden needs to wrap up obviously. Lots to work on.

Our bigger OL couldn’t push them around up front. Their biggest DL was 272 lbs. Big concern.

Reactions: IUgradman

I kind of felt that BSU was loading the box and daring Penix to throw, a gamble paid off for BSU in the first half.

My concern is that Kalen Deboer doesn't understand how to establish a physical running game. Heck, even Mike Debord was able to establish a very physical offensive line in his time at IU. Are we going to pass the ball 50 times per game?

I'm THRILLED with the win because I realize how well Ball State played today. Just pointing out that the man power seems to be there for a physical and BIG offensive line to tee off on people. I hope Deboer develops a nasty offensive line, the size/strength is there.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

In the old days I would have agreed with about the Oklahoma Drill , The Nutcracker, and other related drills. But with today's restrictions on contact practices and emphasis on concussion prevention, you have almost reached the point where you can't run these drills or do any live tackling. This is why tackling at all levels of football is so poor and inconsistent.

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising
I actually felt the defense did well against the run. Held ball state to under 2.5 yard average on runs. It just seems like they did well because they refused to stop running the ball. Ball state had 40 attempts for 100 yard. Take out the sacks and its maybe 120 yards. That's not a lot considering the amount of rushing attempts.

Reactions: ESalum86
I actually felt the defense did well against the run. Held ball state to under 2.5 yard average on runs. It just seems like they did well because they refused to stop running the ball. Ball state had 40 attempts for 100 yard. Take out the sacks and its maybe 120 yards. That's not a lot considering the amount of rushing attempts.

Big issue today was coverage guy on corner blitz. Played too aggressive and turned what would have been a modest gain into huge plays. Happened at least 3 times, including a TD or 2

Defense and the run game were disappointing for sure, but, aside from the two interceptions, I thought Penix had a solid game. Kicking and punting game was unbelievable. I have no doubt that Coach Allen and his staff will use this game as a huge teaching tool and they will come out improved. Let’s stay positive and enjoy the victory.

Very impressed with Penix. Cut out the freshman turnovers and he will be a great one.

Wide receiver drops cost us 21 points imo.

Loved what Deboer is up to. If he was on our sideline last year, we win 8 or 9 games.

Oline couldn't seem to get any push.

Defensively wasn't impressed at all. One "leader" needs a good shouting at. Mistake after mistake. One of the dumbest penalties WWE style.

Special teams 100x better. They won us this game.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT