ADVERTISEMENT

More thoughts on Tuesday's suspensions....

Curfew violation. Ok... Take deep breaths everyone. I know they're on scholarship and they're getting a free education and yada yada yada... but once again I'll say we were all young and stupid at one point. Some of us are older and stupider. I'm thrilled CMW took a stand and showed everyone he's the boss . We can really be elite and NOT be Duke, Ky, Louisville, UNC, etc... But in the end it was a curfew violation. Even if they snuck out of their rooms at night to visit Chitown for a bit. I think of the crap I did during my years at IU.... and then I think if had been a BMOC like these guys are... let's just say that diploma might not be hanging on my wall. Let's buckle down now and beat the hell out of that whiny faced disgusting poor excuse for a decent human up in Lansing.

These comments I like ...

“I’m building a culture here. I’m not here to mess around with guys that don’t want to do what’s asked of them. If they don’t want to do it, they’ve got to go. I want to bring players in here that wear that uniform proudly, do all the necessary things on and off the court.”

► “I’m not gonna give you all the in-house (reasons for their suspensions). They broke rules, and they were punished for it. If we’re gonna be a team, and you set rules guys have got to obey as a team, then that’s what you’ve got to do."

We're not doing anything of serious this year now matter what, and if there needs to be a purge, I like it to start now

We don't hear about 3% GDP growth any more

You couldn't miss discussions when President Obama failed to have a calendar year with 3% GDP growth, even though had a 4 quarter period with over 3%. Apparently that didn't count for people.

Except, PSYCH!, it totally counted when President Trump had a 3% gain from a Q4 to Q4 period even though never in a calendar year. But that was the only time it was discussed, because it was the only time it happened.

Now Biden hit it (because of the, more or less, return of the economy as we muddle through COVID) and it's not talked about at all.

I understand why inflation is the hot topic, but I can't for the life of me understand why the talking heads have forgotten what used to be SUPER important, then only kind of important. Makes one wonder...
Reactions: bigmac76

Biggest Issue for me at least

Teams this time of year always seem to be getting better and this is year 6 or 7 that I can't say that for IU. Even last night, yes we were undermanned and I though the players played hard but in the end NW is trash and not very good and we still just didn't have the Moxy or ability to go in and win a game that even short handed I thought we should have won.

I call it the "Black Cloud" theory that looms over the IU basketball program. Just when you think we hit 6 gear we slam on the brakes. Kuddo's to Coach Woodson for taking the stance he did I think it rings well among fans.

Anybody else think when we go down 5+ with less than 8 minutes to go in any game we have less that 1% chance to win or is it just me? I remember, can't recall the time, in the game last night where IU missed a wide open 3 (Kopp from the corner) and NW goes down and hits a fairly contested 3 to put them up by 3 and I thought well that was the game. I guess that is just the mindset IU has put me in the past 6-7 seasons.

Logan

I did not see the first half last night but did he even sniff the floor last night? If not I hope those claiming he will start next year can knock that talk off. If he starts we are in big trouble up front it would seem. That grad transfer market is our saving grace I hope or we are stuck with Logan and two time suspension champion Durr up front.

There is a potential silver lining to this crappy situation.

Whatever they did, they had to know that if they did it alone and got caught it was going to hurt them as individuals more than it hurt the team. But by acting as a group, once caught, they put CMW in a position that challenged his authority and questioned his leadership. They disrepected their teammates and the program. Not to mention they gave the finger to Hoosier nation.

And yet Woody did not identify them by name and he did not publicly shame them. Instead he let them dress for the game and even let them participate in pre-game warm-ups. What a great move! He is giving each of them the opportunity to to own up to their mistakes. He is giving them the opportunity to become better teammates and better persons. Will they seize this opportunity or will they hide in the shadows? Time will tell.

Hopefully they will organize their own press conference and collectively take responsibility. This is a real fork in the road.

MSU / Wisconsin

Sorry to start a thread on something other than all of the other recent threads, but did anyone catch the MSU / Wisconsin game before ours? A good chance to scout out next two opponents. I realize we don’t exactly know much about the players we will have available, and how we will respond. Still, any thoughts on State or Wisconsin?

I thought MSU looked awful. Poor guard play, offensively inept, turnover prone, and just slow. Wisconsin has been a killer in close games, they know how to close things out. Obviously Davis is a stud.
Thoughts ?

Geronimo

Is it me or does JG not like it at IU? Sure he wasnt part of the idiot 5, but he seems on tv to get upset alot and yells at his teammates or theyre yelling at him after a bad possession!

He seems to be out of position a lot on defense and I saw a few instances where he looked lost on offense! There were a few possessions where he went to set a screen to the ballhandler and another IU player was doing the same which led to shot clock running down and a bad shot because they were in each others way!

Love the kid and his potential, and I think CMW is trying to help him as much as possible, but I just think JG looks way too disgruntled and not happy here! I hope Im wrong and he comes back next year, but by the way things are going, he may be thinkn about the portal!

Flagrant 1s and Banked 3 ball.

Screw the 5 idiots who sat out. Stupid is as stupid does. I'm glad Woody suspended them and I liked his attitude about it all. It's a shame we had the Hunter technical, a banked in 3 ball and those two flagrant 1 fouls called on Galloway. Those were four killer plays in the second half.

I'm not a fan of the flagrant 1 calls at all. I get protecting kids from blows to the head or leveling a guy on a fast break but Galloway's flagrant 1s were just fouls as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the fact that I hate all of the slowing down of games in many sports today by refs going to the monitor to review stuff.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT