ADVERTISEMENT

Observation from UConn/Xavier game

Several posters have commented on IU's "gutsy" performance against a mediocre 4-8 Northwestern team, while playing with a depleted roster. Minutes played for our starters were - 39, 37, 36, 34, and 34. This was IU's 2nd game in four days, and 3rd game in game in 11 days.

Last night 25th ranked Xavier beat 24th ranked UConn, 74-68. Minutes played by Xavier's starters were - 36, 36, 35, 33, and 30. This was Xavier's 2nd game in three days, and 3rd game in seven days. And btw, UConn had two starters play 40 minutes and 37 minutes.
Reactions: DANC

Official Prediction Thread: IU @ MSU...

and what are we drinking this afternoon?

Ugh. What a terrible turn of events earlier in the week. After some big wins and a couple of rough home losses, we really needed to come out of Evanston with a W. Sadly it didn't happen and I've become numb to this kind of shit happening at this time of year. And look what we have today- a visit to East Lansing, with games against Wisconsin and O$U looming... oh goodie.

It appears the suspended players will be "available" today, but who knows what that means. My guess is they won't start but will get minutes. I don't think it will matter. I suppose it's possible team rallies together and puts together an inspired performance, but I doubt it. We're a 4.5 point dog, it won't be that close.

IU 61
MSU 75

Water for me this afternoon. Going out later so not gonna start drinking mid-afternoon!

What say you Hoosier fans?

GO HOOSIERS!!

+4 +160

MSU playing its worst ball of the year, just a matter of time till they start trending up as March approaches. Izzo is a great bball coach, only comment I got on the guy.

IU will be hungry today. Adversity shapes men. We have some good young men on this team. Still young, but great guys. I’m on the Hoosiers first half, ML, and spread today. Buy stock now!! All aboard.
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

Beat Sparty

Dane Fife, former PFW head coach, returns to Breslin Center with his Alma Mater, a plus 4 underdog.
On paper, MSU has a front court length advantage which has troubled IU forwards this season.
I’m expecting a game as physical as the Illinois contest, from other MSU contests this season.
Kofi won’t be dressed in green trim … IU won’t be overpowered. …
Let’s win the TO margin and ride that to victory.
Woody needs another team performance like at MD to pull this out.

Beat Sparty!

IU vs Ohio State game moved

IU release:

The Big Ten Conference has announced that Indiana’s men’s basketball game against Ohio State, scheduled for Saturday, February 19 at noon in Columbus, will now be played on Monday, February 21 at 7 p.m. and will air on FS1.

The move was necessary so Ohio State and Iowa could make up its February 3rd weather-related postponed game. That game will now be played on Saturday, February 19th in Columbus.

IU defeated Ohio State, 67-51 in Bloomington on January 6.
  • Angry
Reactions: patrick593

One-man vs North Korea

Last year North Korean hackers went after American cyber security people. One got angry and has been carrying out a one person war against North Korea. Now North Korea hardly has a lot of computers, but he is successfully knocking them offline.

MI jumped 17 spots in Net

47 to 30. They are on the right side of the bubble, with one win. So much season left. These last 7 are gonna be fun. Normal IU teams fumble and shit the bed right about here. This is a different team, different staff, different feel. I think we are gonna see a great finish. The statement couldn't have been made at a better time. Shit is real, it is February. Woody said we need to win out!!!! That starts tomorrow, very excited to see what kind of effort is shown in East Lansing. Im betting big on the Hoosiers tomorrow. All aboard!

Randolph appears to have a deep and talented DL to work with

The DL room has 18 players -
Handy, Jones, Robbins, Head, King, Bryant, McCollough, Thomas, Tevis, Sneed, Elliott, Sio, Whitner, Murphy, Cox, Lucas, James, Morette

Handy, Bryant, Elliott, Sio, Head & King have a lot of experience add transfers Tevis, Lucas & Cox and 4 star recruits McCollough & James + redshirt Cooper Jones - that gives a very solid 12 players

Randolph has a ton of experience developing outstanding DL's, hopefully he can raise the level of play from Dl's at IU

Handicapping the BT race

Looks like Wisconsin is in the best position. MSU has a chance to close out strong if they get it together, with ILL & PUR at home, but has the toughest schedule overall Toughest remaining games:

Purdue: 10-4

2/26........at MSU
3/1...........at Wisky

Illinois: 10-3

2/16.........at Rut
2/19.........at MSU
2/24.........v. OSU
2/27.........at MICH

WIS: 10-3

2/15.........at IU
2/20........v. MICH
2/26........at RUT
3/1...........v. PUR

OSU: 7-4

2/12......at MICH
2/19......v. IU
2/24.....at ILL
3/3........v. MSU
3/6........v. MICH

MSU: 8-4

2/12......v. IU
2/15......at PSU
2/19......v. ILL
2/22.....at Iowa
2/26.....v. PUR
3/1........at MICH
3/3.......at OSU

Thoughts on MSU game

Do we see a different starting lineup? Lot of discussion on this board about that, from trying to inject life i to starting 5, some players not doing that well, etc etc......maybe with the suspension we'll see something different
Attitude of the team....hope to see inspired play and fight throughout the game, not just 1st 5 minutes or so. We still can make the tournament and there have been glimpses where we can play well but much of an effect did the suspensions have on the mindset of not just those suspended, but the team as a whole. Will be interesting to see
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT