ADVERTISEMENT

Handicapping the BT race

mushroomgod_1

All-American
Apr 9, 2012
Looks like Wisconsin is in the best position. MSU has a chance to close out strong if they get it together, with ILL & PUR at home, but has the toughest schedule overall Toughest remaining games:

Purdue: 10-4

2/26........at MSU
3/1...........at Wisky

Illinois: 10-3

2/16.........at Rut
2/19.........at MSU
2/24.........v. OSU
2/27.........at MICH

WIS: 10-3

2/15.........at IU
2/20........v. MICH
2/26........at RUT
3/1...........v. PUR

OSU: 7-4

2/12......at MICH
2/19......v. IU
2/24.....at ILL
3/3........v. MSU
3/6........v. MICH

MSU: 8-4

2/12......v. IU
2/15......at PSU
2/19......v. ILL
2/22.....at Iowa
2/26.....v. PUR
3/1........at MICH
3/3.......at OSU

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree as Purdue (if they haven't fallen apart) has the best chance although Wisky has some badass guards!

Reactions: TomEric4756
I respectfully disagree as Purdue (if they haven't fallen apart) has the best chance although Wisky has some badass guards!
I would hate to see Purdue fans rush the court after beating IU on their Senior Day, not because they beat IU, but because it wins the regular BT season for them. For all you Johnny-come-lately IU fans, PU and IU have been in a heated battle for quite some time now over superiority in overall BT regular season championships., which Bob Knight always said was the greatest accomplishment, at least when it used to be a balanced home/away series. He reasoned that any team can get a favorable post season draw and/or get hot in a more limited 6 game single elimination tourney. Purdue leads the conference with 24 titles while IU is second at 22. I don't want to fall three behind, or I might have to die knowing we played second fiddle to them in this category. Fortunately, our 5 banner superiority is safe. NCAA banners trump Big Ten regular season banners in not only size but bragging rights.

I just had another thought...has anyone seen the banners swinging in the breeze lately in Assembly Hall? It only occurs when the house is filled with delirious lunatics in full throttle Hoosier hysteria.. Surely, it was noted at the Purdue game, but I have yet to hear anyone comment having witnessed this phenomenon of auditory vibration. The Simon-Skjodt renovation didn't disrupt acoustics in a negative way, did it?

Purdue seemingly would be the best team, although Wisconsin continues to do amazing things with such a limited roster. Back when they were winning BT championships they at least had some dominant post players

The thing is....if Wisconsin beats us about the best Purdue can do is tie for first, and to do so they have to beat Wisconsin at UW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT