ADVERTISEMENT

2-3 wins possible the rest of the season

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
looking at the remaining games, I think IU can win 2-3 more games. Likely 2-8 including BIG tournament. Could easily go 0-10

What happens when that comes true, AND Purdue wins 30 games and goes deep into the tournament. You can argue they always choke in March, but this team (Purdue) seems like they are on a mission.

Does the failures under Woodson and Purdue’s success force the IU admin to make a move? It’s sad when Purdue is the program in the state and IU is whatever the hell they are at the moment. Something I was thinking about as I watched Purdue win another road game— at Wisconsin—- a place that is cursed for the Hoosiers.

There is a real chance that the football team will win more games this coming season than the basketball team will have conference wins.
Been a Hoosier fan since 1969 and always be, but it is sad right now.
GoHoosiers

There is a real chance that the football team will win more games this coming season than the basketball team will have conference wins.
Been a Hoosier fan since 1969 and always be, but it is sad right now.
GoHoosiers
Same here. A fan since McGinnis days and Lou Watson.Bubbles Harris too. Haven't seen it this bad since when Crean first took over with a bunch of walk-ons.

What happens when that comes true, AND Purdue wins 30 games and goes deep into the tournament. You can argue they always choke in March, but this team (Purdue) seems like they are on a mission.

Does the failures under Woodson and Purdue’s success force the IU admin to make a move? It’s sad when Purdue is the program in the state and IU is whatever the hell they are at the moment. Something I was thinking about as I watched Purdue win another road game— at Wisconsin—- a place that is cursed for the Hoosiers.
well, we should be used to it. They've been better for quite a while now.

I'm thinking you win at OhSt.
If the team had any heart, any pride, any etc they would be more than a little ticked at the PSU loss. A dead cat bounce would be expected.

The trouble in my mind is that something has seemingly been off since day 1 with this team. I have speculated on locker room issues, and competing agendas. Losing doesn’t help that.

the OSU game s/b a chance for a bounce back game for a team in a must win, back against the wall scenario. But, I’m not sure the players care. They are circling the drain, with many likely having one foot out the door.

We may put in a decent 20-30 minutes as a response at OSU, but this team usually can’t put in the 40 minutes it takes to win on the road. I can think of a team that capitulates as much as this one.

If the team had any heart, any pride, any etc they would be more than a little ticked at the PSU loss. A dead cat bounce would be expected.

The trouble in my mind is that something has seemingly been off since day 1 with this team. I have speculated on locker room issues, and competing agendas. Losing doesn’t help that.

the OSU game s/b a chance for a bounce back game for a team in a must win, back against the wall scenario. But, I’m not sure the players care. They are circling the drain, with many likely having one foot out the door.
That last sentence...I think that is a big part of the underlining problem, caused by the portal and instant transfer, combined with the lure of NIL $. It's too easy for players to move on as soon as the season ends. Too many players are there for the short term gain. This is not IU bball circa 1970s..80s..90s where players stepped onto campus and made a 4 yr commitment to the bball program. Sad to admit but the name on the front of jersey does not matter to players like it used to. IMHO.

Always said we can judge a season based on how much the term "bubble" is used in February. Right now we're looking at the wrong bubble....the NIT bubble.

Post-PSU, I could see them riding a 9-game losing streak into Senior Night for which I would suggest Woodson give his ‘farewell’ speech.👋🏻👋🏻

looking at the remaining games, I think IU can win 2-3 more games. Likely 2-8 including BIG tournament. Could easily go 0-10
They could win many more, but they won’t. They have proven who they are this year, inconsistent in almost every aspect and our guards blow chunks. At this point, why not just play Gunn and see how it goes over the next several games. Maybe he steps up, maybe not. But he won’t play a whole lot worse than the starters IMO.

They could win many more, but they won’t. They have proven who they are this year, inconsistent in almost every aspect and our guards blow chunks. At this point, why not just play Gunn and see how it goes over the next several games. Maybe he steps up, maybe not. But he won’t play a whole lot worse than the starters IMO.
Which is why I said we had a bottom group of guards in the conference. You thought that was way off and said CJ Gunn was all we needed. Now you say what you do about CJ now.

Which is why I said we had a bottom group of guards in the conference. You thought that was way off and said CJ Gunn was all we needed. Now you say what you do about CJ now.
Where did I say CJ Gunn was all we needed? Most everyone here thought he would/could be better and fill the void, but that didn’t happen. Stop making shit up

Where did I say CJ Gunn was all we needed? Most everyone here thought he would/could be better and fill the void, but that didn’t happen. Stop making shit up
It might be good to stop imagining that freshmen will be immediate contributors, regardless of stars. Yes it can happen but often does not (for any coach).

IU can win at OSU, not sure they will, be I do think it is within them to win there. Saturday at Purdue will be a buzzsaw as Purdue has all week to rest/recover and practice.

What happens beyond that and hiw the team responds will determine the character of this team.

IU can win at OSU, not sure they will, be I do think it is within them to win there. Saturday at Purdue will be a buzzsaw as Purdue has all week to rest/recover and practice.

What happens beyond that and hiw the team responds will determine the character of this team.
Does Purdue really need all week to practice? When you play like we have, they have Canadian King Kong and the last Mackey game gave Purdue 46 free throw attempts, we have zero chance.

Reactions: edub72
It might be good to stop imagining that freshmen will be immediate contributors, regardless of stars. Yes it can happen but often does not (for any coach).
MM has looked better and better. Our biggest issue is guard play. Our guards eat shit

How the hell does are (apparently best shooter) Anthony Leal go 0-2 from the charity stripe? Do they even practice shooting! Obviously not…so what the hell do they do all practice

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT