ADVERTISEMENT

WOW, Terrence Shannon Jr. Suspended for Rape....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTBRider22

Redshirt
Mar 10, 2022
Saw it from Jon Rothstein on Twitter (sorry, can't link from work computer). Sounds like the incident happened in September, but charges just filed. Not a good year in the B10!

Saw it from Jon Rothstein on Twitter (sorry, can't link from work computer). Sounds like the incident happened in September, but charges just filed. Not a good year in the B10!
Yeah I waited to see if this was true and it seems it is.

Just sank any chances of becoming an instant millionaire next year. Side question: is this a violation of his NIL deals?

Last edited:

Shocking that a Brad Underwood coached team ends up in a season of chaos. It’s always something with them. Their fanbase is the absolute worse… they think they’re Michigan in football and Duke in hoops.

They’ve sold their souls to try and win and this shit is bound to happen. Team has no identity and is a group of pay for play athletes that would fit in well in the SEC.

Says you. You’re speculating and have no way of knowing that for sure.
I’m guessing you’d feel differently if it was your daughter, sister, aunt, or mother. They should have errored “out of an abundance of caution.” Isn’t that the new phrase we’re supposed to use these days?

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
I’m guessing you’d feel differently if it was your daughter, sister, aunt, or mother. They should have errored “out of an abundance of caution.” Isn’t that the new phrase we’re supposed to use these days?
I’d feel different if I knew he did it. There was an investigation being done to see if he should be charged. He has rights whether you like it or not. This country is innocent until proven guilty. There’s plenty of instances of women making false accusations.

I’d feel different if I knew he did it. There was an investigation being done to see if he should be charged. He has rights whether you like it or not. This country is innocent until proven guilty. There’s plenty of instances of women making false accusations.
Rights don't include college basketball. That is a privilege...nice try

So Illinois has played him for 11 games while likely knowing this was coming.

MSU 2.0

What a freakin idiot. I doubt he had a shortage of willing girls.
Hate to decend Illinois, but they may have just been told they were investigating him and not revealed what it was for until he waz charged

I imagine the university had to have a deeper knowledge of what happened. Imo.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Shocking that a Brad Underwood coached team ends up in a season of chaos. It’s always something with them. Their fanbase is the absolute worse… they think they’re Michigan in football and Duke in hoops.

They’ve sold their souls to try and win and this shit is bound to happen. Team has no identity and is a group of pay for play athletes that would fit in well in the SEC.
I agree. I almost was gonna post the other day that something will probably happen within the program that will hurt their chances this season.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
True but you have to think an attorney has told hom to stay quiet. I would bet the number of kids who would openly admit to being investigated foe it qould be VERY small

So I assume he has been charged but I do not recall seeing a jury finding him guilty yet except on places like this board. The rush to judgment in these cases always amazes me. The Duke Lacrosse guys were tried and convicted online and in the media within weeks as the mob deemed them guilty from day one . The Virginia rape hoax was the same. Not saying Shannon did not do it but the rush to judgment is always the same online -guilty as charged no matter what. Forget due process.

So I assume he has been charged but I do not recall seeing a jury finding him guilty yet except on places like this board. The rush to judgment in these cases always amazes me. The Duke Lacrosse guys were tried and convicted online and in the media within weeks as the mob deemed them guilty from day one . The Virginia rape hoax was the same. Not saying Shannon did not do it but the rush to judgment is always the same online -guilty as charged no matter what. Forget due process.

But, what's the problem? I think basically he's suspended from the privilege of playing on the basketball team while this is decided. That privilege is not guaranteed by our laws that I know of, so what's the issue?

Reactions: Al Bino
Gravity had nothing to do with it either.
Hey, I was just trying to stimulate some conversation by sharing my observations. It worked at a recent holiday cocktail party when talk started getting a little dull. Of course, they had been drinking so giggles and guffaws ensued with cries of “Tell us more, Einstein!”

Hey, I was just trying to stimulate some conversation by sharing my observations. It worked at a recent holiday cocktail party when talk started getting a little dull. Of course, they had been drinking so giggles and guffaws ensued with cries of “Tell us more, Einstein!”
So you are that uncle….

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT