ADVERTISEMENT

Totally unacceptable…

The tactic is what it is, but don't accept our rival's narrative that IU selectively and secretly lowered admissions standards to allow more out of state students. It is a complete falsehood.
Generating tuition isn't really my view of the proper "goal" of a university. It's a by-product of, and a necessary need for, educating the folks. But that's it. Dumping Indiana kids so we recruit NY? Sorry, dawg, it's a pass from me. (They can come. I'm just not gonna make it a priority - unless they are Einstein or something.)

(And we need to assure playing winning man-to-man/motion, and a well balanced passing/running game so we can win The Bucket.)

Generating tuition isn't really my view of the proper "goal" of a university. It's a by-product of, and a necessary need for, educating the folks. But that's it. Dumping Indiana kids so we recruit NY? Sorry, dawg, it's a pass from me. (They can come. I'm just not gonna make it a priority - unless they are Einstein or something.)

(And we need to assure playing winning man-to-man/motion, and a well balanced passing/running game so we can win The Bucket.)
Exactly... right on point...

You can joke about basketball, but the East Coast people who go to IU are rabid fans. Yeah, the B-school is great, but they REALLY like the basketball program.

It's not like we're lowering standards to get more out of state kids in here. In fact, the more that want to come here, the more selective - and prestigious - IU is.

Sorry, but there are plenty of other options for Indiana 'C' students. IU has many regional campi that say "IU" on their degree and they're cheaper. Even - ugh - Purdue regional campi. Ball State. Indiana State. Many others they can get into.

I want IU to draw the best students, no matter where they're from.

Exactly, because it it leads to compromises that aren’t necessarily healthy for the University.

You can joke about basketball, but the East Coast people who go to IU are rabid fans. Yeah, the B-school is great, but they REALLY like the basketball program.

It's not like we're lowering standards to get more out of state kids in here. In fact, the more that want to come here, the more selective - and prestigious - IU is.

Sorry, but there are plenty of other options for Indiana 'C' students. IU has many regional campi that say "IU" on their degree and they're cheaper. Even - ugh - Purdue regional campi. Ball State. Indiana State. Many others they can get into.

I want IU to draw the best students, no matter where they're from.
The fact remains, however, that our admissions rate is one of the Highest in the Big Ten, and we’re a common application school. There’s a reason for those two things.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The fact remains, however, that our admissions rate is one of the Highest in the Big Ten, and we’re a common application school. There’s a reason for those two things.
I don't know what that has to do with what I posted.

What's do you think my assertion is? Because I didn't make any.
“It's not like we're lowering standards to get more out of state kids in here.”

Do you think Indiana applicants are admitted based on the same criteria as out of state applicants?

“It's not like we're lowering standards to get more out of state kids in here.”

Do you think Indiana applicants are admitted based on the same criteria as out of state applicants?
I have no idea. Do you think we're lowering standards to get more out of state kids in here?

Go back and look at the numbers I posted. Indiana kids are not being “dumped” and admissions standards were not changed for out of state students. That is a myth that my Purdue buddies love to insert into academic conversations.

Last edited:
IU's academic reputation issues are minimal and specific to certain disciplines. The reputations among Information Technologies, Business disciplines, Education, Environmental, Medical research, Biosciences, Law and the Arts are strong and have gotten stronger over the past 20 years. There is a reason IU is so attractive to not only North Shore students but now East Coast students...and it isn't because they could not admitted to their own State U. That narrative is BS and comes from either a rival or ill-informed perspective.

I am not sure that if under today's admissions standards that I would have been admitted.

Admissions standards for in state applicants are significantly different than for out of staters. That’s why IU’s reputation as a safe school for east coasters and Chicago kids is so ingrained.

That reputation is a myth and not widely held. IU is a 'safe school" only for the elite student. These kids are coming here for Kelley, Maurer, O'Neill, Jacobs, Luddy. the campus, costs and quality of student life.

These are not kids that failed admissions at State U.
I had an eerily similar converasation with two or three former posters. Here is one of them.

So strange.

Reactions: 76-1
I had an eerily similar converasation with two or three former posters. Here is one of them.

So strange.
So have I . . . and it is strange. It’s particularly strange when people who aren’t familiar with it in any meaningful way nonetheless weigh in as if they are. Interesting topic, especially for those of us who are actually IU graduates.

So have I . . . and it is strange. It’s particularly strange when people who aren’t familiar with it in any meaningful way nonetheless weigh in as if they are. Interesting topic, especially for those of us who are actually IU graduates.
LOL At least you are starting to admit what we all know. Baby steps. I may post a bunch more.

As I told you last time; you were asked and then instructed by multiple mods on multiple boards under multiple user names to:

put me on ignore
stop responding to my posts.

"those of us who are actually IU graduates"

:rolleyes: you crack us up ordy.

LOL At least you are starting to admit what we all know. Baby steps. I may post a bunch more.

As I told you last time; you were asked and then instructed by multiple mods on multiple boards under multiple user names to:

put me on ignore
stop responding to my posts.

"those of us who are actually IU graduates"

:rolleyes: you crack us up ordy.
You obviously missed the joke in my first line, but that’s fine. And you’re wise to not debate me in any way on the merits here. Lastly, you promised to put me on ignore, though you constantly follow me around here. Either keep your word or not, but stop whining about it if you choose not to., as I have zero interest in cluttering this board like a few have done to the hoops board. Now, back to IU football discussions, where we seem to see each other far less.

You obviously missed the joke in my first line, but that’s fine. And you’re wise to not debate me in any way on the merits here. Lastly, you promised to put me on ignore, though you constantly follow me around here. Either keep your word or not, but stop whining about it if you choose not to., as I have zero interest in cluttering this board like a few have done to the hoops board. Now, back to IU football discussions, where we seem to see each other far less.
I promised to put ordfan, IU Danapoint, PranksterMary, Birnk403 and a number of other trolls on ignore and I did just that. This is your latest username.

You do nothing but clutter the board with your anti-IU rhetoric..."merits"...from you? lol Wonder where that troll went that asked about my tailgate then quickly backed out when the bluff was called? Tough to come by when you have never been to a game...wonder where that troll went???? Weird.

Again...do as you were instructed by no less than four mods on two boards and stop responding to my posts.

Sorry guys...sometimes the troll is on your front porch and you gotta deal with it. SMH

Back to Football.

I promised to put ordfan, IU Danapoint, PranksterMary, Birnk403 and a number of other trolls on ignore and I did just that. This is your latest username.

You do nothing but clutter the board with your anti-IU rhetoric..."merits"...from you? lol Wonder where that troll went that asked about my tailgate then quickly backed out when the bluff was called? Tough to come by when you have never been to a game...wonder where that troll went???? Weird.

Again...do as you were instructed by no less than four mods on two boards and stop responding to my posts.

Sorry guys...sometimes the troll is on your front porch and you gotta deal with it. SMH

Back to Football.
The same tired allegations that are always, always devoid of any support. Stop whining about things that aren’t there, stop following me around, start trying to post about IU football. You’ll be better off, and the rest of us will be, as well. Thanks.

The same tired allegations that are always, always devoid of any support. Stop whining about things that aren’t there, stop following me around, start trying to post about IU football. You’ll be better off, and the rest of us will be, as well. Thanks.
I provide links and quotes You provide lies and rhetoric.

You responded to my post above

You were told to stop stalking me

So STOP

now

I provide links and quotes You provide lies and rhetoric.

You were told to stop stalking me

So STOP

now
You’ve provided zero support for any of your allegations. Zero. If you have issues, take it up with the posters that have angered you. But please stop with this nonsense. The rest of us want to talk about IU and college football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT