ADVERTISEMENT

The NFL's Conundrum......

The cardiac risks of vaccination are knowable and are in fact known, as are the cardiac risks of COVID infection, which in unvaccinated people confers a 10-50 times higher risk (depending on the study) than vaccination without infection, and 2-15 times higher risk (depending on the study) than vaccination with subsequent infection.

If you are immune from ever getting COVID-19, yes, maybe you can consider not getting vaccinated.

But if you are not luckily encased in a bubble and might get COVID-19 some day, then you are much better off from the perspective of cardiovascular health to get vaccinated. Especially the newer bivalent booster. Lots of data coming out on it, including this summary tweet from Eric Topol on its amazing efficacy in the over 65 population

I wouldn't call her a liar and she's on my political team but you're right that it doesn't seem right statistically. You made me curious so I'm looking at today's cumulative numbers and a little over 1 percent of all cases since the start of COVID resulted in deaths. Which I think means that they died while positive with COVID and maybe not because of COVID but it is a lot of deaths and more than would have happened without COVID. None of my 150 plus personnel have died but almost 100 percent are vaccinated. None of my family has died and none of my friends have died to my knowledge but I bet most of them are vaccinated too. I think that would be about 300 people maybe? If Zeke has 5,000 friends it's statistically possible or probable even that 50 died. Should be less if most are vaccinated. Maybe she knows 10,000 people or she knows 100's of old and sick people or unvaccinated people. I don't have that many friends or know that many people so I might be a loser! LOL!
I’ll join you in not calling her a liar. It’s just very interesting that her experience is such a statistical anomaly.

Reactions: MrBing
The increase in fentanyl use is indeed dramatically affecting death rates in 18-49 year olds, no question

The increase in fentanyl use is indeed dramatically affecting death rates in 18-49 year olds, no question
Yet your party is still in bed with China who produces all the fentanyl and refuses to secure our border where it all comes through. Libs are killing all our youth!

Reactions: Crayfish57
The video is a bit odd in that the host mentions the 40% increase in all cause mortality in the 18-49 cohort, but the guest then goes on to discuss data from the military. She says that she just became aware of the 40% increase in the past week, which is pitiful as this information has been available for over a year now.

The 40% increase comes from actuaries in the Group Life Insurance space. When they first reported this (3rd quarter of 2021), they said a 10% increase in this subset of healthy, working individuals would be a 3-sigma event which might be expected once every 200 years. A 40% increase, however, is off the charts.

There's a guy called Edward Dowd, who is a financial analyst (I think), regardless he is one of the few people that I've seen talking much about this phenomenon. I personally think it's pretty interesting, but you'll need to look further than the above video if it caught your interest as well.

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think fentanyl is a valid explanation for this subset.

The video is a bit odd in that the host mentions the 40% increase in all cause mortality in the 18-49 cohort, but the guest then goes on to discuss data from the military. She says that she just became aware of the 40% increase in the past week, which is pitiful as this information has been available for over a year now.

The 40% increase comes from actuaries in the Group Life Insurance space. When they first reported this (3rd quarter of 2021), they said a 10% increase in this subset of healthy, working individuals would be a 3-sigma event which might be expected once every 200 years. A 40% increase, however, is off the charts.

There's a guy called Edward Dowd, who is a financial analyst (I think), regardless he is one of the few people that I've seen talking much about this phenomenon. I personally think it's pretty interesting, but you'll need to look further than the above video if it caught your interest as well.

I could certainly be wrong, but I don't think fentanyl is a valid explanation for this subset.
I'd love to know what the insurance actuaries consider an "unexplainable" death. Everything in insurance is as narrowly defined as possible and I wonder if this metric is whackadoodle b/c of some changes due to reporting, etc. from the pandemic.

Interesting topic though if we can keep the conspiracy freaks out.

I'd love to know what the insurance actuaries consider an "unexplainable" death.

The deaths themselves aren't unexplainable. The death certificates will tell you what the cause of death is. That term was what the Tweeter used.

Reactions: larsIU
Interesting topic though if we can keep the conspiracy freaks out.

The conspiracy freaks are the ones pushing this narrative. That video was wonky AF. And the tie in with Ron Johnson is an immediate red flag. I'm not going to assume this is on the level without seeing more.

So just the usual bullshit. Nice.
It was first reported by One America here in Indiana. They even talked about increasing premiums in counties with low vaccination levels (obviously they believed that the unvaxed might be responsible). So it's not the usual bullshit.

It has now been reported all over Europe as well. What is wrong with people that they are incapable of accepting and analyzing data without first figuring out how it might fit their favored narrative. I see tons of potential reasons for what is going on. Perhaps it has something to do with multiple infections? It very well may have nothing at all to do with vaccines. The timing is strange so I think it's most likely because of Covid or our reaction to Covid. Pretending that the data doesn't exist or is only interesting to those with a certain worldview is frankly retarded.

The Dowd guy would certainly fall into the "conspiracy" camp as I think he thinks that vax is the most likely culprit, but I'm not saying that I agree with him. I just can't see why so few even want to look at the data.

Reactions: jet812
What is wrong with people that they are incapable of accepting and analyzing data without first figuring out how it might fit their favored narrativ
That's why I asked what "unexplainable" means. I literally don't know what that means in the context of a health/life insurance actuarial. I'm not pulling some Bill Clinton bullshit.

Perhaps it has something to do with multiple infections? It very well may have nothing at all to do with vaccines. The timing is strange so I think it's most likely because of Covid or our reaction to Covid.
Yes

Pretending that the data doesn't exist or is only interesting to those with a certain worldview is frankly retarded.
I'm not saying the data doesn't exist. I'm saying trying to interpret data from thousands of different medical providers, medical examiners, jurisdictions, etc. will take a decade at least. We might know something about this increase in 10 years.

Reactions: Paterfamilias
Amazing how this composite analysis of myocarditis studies was published 3 days after the Hamlin incident. Of course the studies all preceded his event. Sp pretty timely with regards to dispelling various conspiracy theories...

The followups are sad to read.

At some point in the not too distant future there's going to be a backlash against social media. I think. Maybe.

Maybe not the Gen Z but thereafter. We'll put it down. Hell, most humans stopped smoking when they found out it was bad for them. We stopped putting any and everything into a product regardless of its potential to cause harm.

I get this is different b/c we're talking about something primarily mental as opposed to physical.

At some point in the not too distant future there's going to be a backlash against social media. I think. Maybe.

Maybe not the Gen Z but thereafter. We'll put it down. Hell, most humans stopped smoking when they found out it was bad for them. We stopped putting any and everything into a product regardless of its potential to cause harm.

I get this is different b/c we're talking about something primarily mental as opposed to physical.
My Facebook is way less active than it used to be for whatever that is worth. I think people are losing interest. I have also heard companies are less excited about social media marketing. My business stopped and hasn’t seen a difference in orders or interest

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT