ADVERTISEMENT

pelosi husband got beat up in his home

DePape, 42, told officers and medics at the scene that he was sick of the “level of lies” coming from Washington, DC, and “came here to have a little chat with [Pelosi’s wife],” according to a court filing.

“I didn’t really want to hurt him, but you know this was a suicide mission. I’m not going to stand here and do nothing even if it cost me my life,” DePape said.

DePape also named several other political targets, according to the filing, including prominent state and federal politicians and their relatives.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
I'm thinking a mentally disturbed leftwinger would have gone after a republican like McCarthy but then who knows what a mentally unstable person would do.

I think it's clear that it was politically motivated though.
I'll leave you alone. It appears you want to get into a political argument with the MAGA Pubs. Those arguments have gotten boring. 😎

Reactions: DANC
I'll leave you alone. It appears you want to get into a political argument with the MAGA Pubs. Those arguments have gotten boring. 😎

Hardly but when the guy has a list of political targets, it is a losing argument to say it wasn't politically motivated.

No one was saying he represented the entire MAGA movement

• Haha
The video is harrowing. The attack of course is scary, and then the sounds he was making after as the police were trying to detain the assailant. Not pretty

That video has nothing in it to suggest a political motive
FOR WHAT??? This VIDEO should have been released months ago. Transparency seems to fail all of our government agencies too frequently..
Get some help...Anything I posted before I'll stand by. The whole thing looks fishy to me. If the guy meant harm Pelosi should have said HELP when they opened the door Period! He's got a freaking drink in his hand.
I'll assume the video you guys are responding to doesn't include the audio of the 911 call where Pelosi clearly says the guy says he is waiting for Nancy. Paul also inquires about the whereabouts of the Capitol Police, and mentions they provide security for "my wife Nancy" when she's in town. These officers aren't even sure about the address, much less have any idea whose residence it is...

Here's the thing- a bunch of conspiracy theory pushing morons lied about this from the get go. The guy is not in his underwear and when you listen to Pelosi on the phone call and see the way he flinches when the officer shines the flashlight in his face it's very clear that not only is he groggy from being woken up in the middle of the night, but also that he exhibits some obvious signs of dementia.

Which is not a crime. He is an elderly man, he's not in Congress, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with him responding the way he did. he seems to be overwhelmed by the whole situation, but there are wingnuts who should be ashamed of themselves for the way they lied and mischaracterized the entire situation as if he had done wrong and had something to apologize for.

Some of the people on this board bought into that nonsense as well. Many of those same people were "horrified" when someone was found to have a loaded gun in the vicinity of Justice Kavanaugh's home, and yet not a single one of those same people expressed any horror at an 80+ yr old man actually being struck with a hammer in the head in his own home. They basically relied on conspiracy theories and lies- I wonder why that is?

One other point. Numerous people characterized the Pelosi home as a "mansion", and as you can see the home itself is not anything special and is actually on a residential/commercial street and not some huge acreage with a lake, 20 bedrooms, and all the trappings you'd associate with a castle or fabulous estate. That's because it's where the home is and the value of that particular real estate rather than the house itself that makes it expensive. I think this is another huge reason there was such a disconnect with people wondering how someone could break into a mansion. This is clearly not somewhere as ostentatious as MAL...

I'll assume the video you guys are responding to doesn't include the audio of the 911 call where Pelosi clearly says the guy says he is waiting for Nancy. Paul also inquires about the whereabouts of the Capitol Police, and mentions they provide security for "my wife Nancy" when she's in town. These officers aren't even sure about the address, much less have any idea whose residence it is...

Here's the thing- a bunch of conspiracy theory pushing morons lied about this from the get go. The guy is not in his underwear and when you listen to Pelosi on the phone call and see the way he flinches when the officer shines the flashlight in his face it's very clear that not only is he groggy from being woken up in the middle of the night, but also that he exhibits some obvious signs of dementia.

Which is not a crime. He is an elderly man, he's not in Congress, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with him responding the way he did. he seems to be overwhelmed by the whole situation, but there are wingnuts who should be ashamed of themselves for the way they lied and mischaracterized the entire situation as if he had done wrong and had something to apologize for.

Some of the people on this board bought into that nonsense as well. Many of those same people were "horrified" when someone was found to have a loaded gun in the vicinity of Justice Kavanaugh's home, and yet not a single one of those same people expressed any horror at an 80+ yr old man actually being struck with a hammer in the head in his own home. They basically relied on conspiracy theories and lies- I wonder why that is?

One other point. Numerous people characterized the Pelosi home as a "mansion", and as you can see the home itself is not anything special and is actually on a residential/commercial street and not some huge acreage with a lake, 20 bedrooms, and all the trappings you'd associate with a castle or fabulous estate. That's because it's where the home is and the value of that particular real estate rather than the house itself that makes it expensive. I think this is another huge reason there was such a disconnect with people wondering how someone could break into a mansion. This is clearly not somewhere as ostentatious as MAL...
Only one I ever saw was the one released today - psycho hits old man with hammer in front of cops.

DePape, 42, told officers and medics at the scene that he was sick of the “level of lies” coming from Washington, DC, and “came here to have a little chat with [Pelosi’s wife],” according to a court filing.

“I didn’t really want to hurt him, but you know this was a suicide mission. I’m not going to stand here and do nothing even if it cost me my life,” DePape said.

DePape also named several other political targets, according to the filing, including prominent state and federal politicians and their relatives.
Happy Democratic Party GIF by The Democrats

Pelosi called 911

The police respond.

Pelosi opens the door.

Cops see two guys calmly standing in front of them. They both appear to be grinning.

Seconds pass before the cops figure out who is the home invader— too late (The Shoot, Don’t Shoot training videos show how much seconds matter.)

My question: Why didn’t Pelosi show immediate signs of alarm?

My stoker’s answer: Pelosi didn’t want to escalate and was trying to de-escalate.

My response: Maybe. De-escalation techniques are not always appropriate.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and DANC
So I now understand that this guy somehow called in to a TV station yesterday to apologize that his plan to hit liberals in the head with hammers didn’t work very well.

When I was young, people like this were not allowed to walk the streets. They lived in semi-hospitals, surrounded with wooded grounds, where they could walk until they reached the fence, which separated them wisely from the general public. Mentally – defective people lack the ability to engage in normal social interaction and discourse, and trying to force them to do so, by putting them in public, is cruelty. It then morphs into needless danger and harm.

Castrate this guy and give him his happy pills and let him watch TV with McMurphy in the rec room.

Pelosi called 911

The police respond.

Pelosi opens the door.

Cops see two guys calmly standing in front of them. They both appear to be grinning.

Seconds pass before the cops figure out who is the home invader— too late (The Shoot, Don’t Shoot training videos show how much seconds matter.)

My stoker’s answer: Pelosi didn’t want to escalate and was trying to de-escalate.

It's pretty obvious that Pelosi knew he was dealing with a mentally unstable person and was trying to keep the dude from getting violent.

So I now understand that this guy somehow called in to a TV station yesterday to apologize that his plan to hit liberals in the head with hammers didn’t work very well.

When I was young, people like this were not allowed to walk the streets. They lived in semi-hospitals, surrounded with wooded grounds, where they could walk until they reached the fence, which separated them wisely from the general public. Mentally – defective people lack the ability to engage in normal social interaction and discourse, and trying to force them to do so, by putting them in public, is cruelty. It then morphs into needless danger and harm.

Castrate this guy and give him his happy pills and let him watch TV with McMurphy in the rec room.
Now they're allowed to post on the WC! ;)

Screw that. If I think I'm going to be attacked by a nut, I'm running toward the police.
You saw that he had his hands on the hammer the nut had, right? I'd guess he didn't want to let go of that and get smacked in the head with it. Personally, I think I could have taken that hammer from the dude and turned the tables, but I've had some training and I'm not 80+ years old.

It's pretty obvious that Pelosi knew he was dealing with a mentally unstable person and was trying to keep the dude from getting violent.
Probably. 20/20 hindsight shows he made a mistake, I think foresight suggests Pelosi made a wrong choice. The cops were calm and they didn’t want to escalate. But they were facing what appeared to them to be a calm situation.

You saw that he had his hands on the hammer the nut had, right? I'd guess he didn't want to let go of that and get smacked in the head with it. Personally, I think I could have taken that hammer from the dude and turned the tables, but I've had some training and I'm not 80+ years old.
I'm not saying he should have, or could have, taken the hammer away. I think most people would try, though, if the cops were right there.

I'm not saying there is anything hinky about the situation - I don't think the guy is a male prostitute. I think Pelosi, on the 911, call, was obviously sending out a message of help as best he could.

I'm just saying is reaction after the police arrived was odd. Maybe he thought the guy wouldn't do anything in front of the cops, but that's not what I would have done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Probably. 20/20 hindsight shows he made a mistake, I think foresight suggests Pelosi made a wrong choice. The cops were calm and they didn’t want to escalate. But they were facing what appeared to them to be a calm situation.
Paul Pelosi is 80 something and I've seen in some articles that he may be suffering from dementia. Again, I'm pretty certain I could have turned the tables on that dude relatively easily, much like I'm pretty sure I could whomp on most of the posters here :D, but I'm not as old as him. When I'm 80 something, if I make it that far, I would probably be about the same as Pelosi in that scenario and just try to keep the situation calm and prevent that nut from whacking me with that hammer!

Reactions: MrBing
I'm not saying he should have, or could have, taken the hammer away. I think most people would try, though, if the cops were right there.

I'm not saying there is anything hinky about the situation - I don't think the guy is a mail prostitute. I think Pelosi, on the 911, call, was obviously sending out a message of help as best he could.

I'm just saying is reaction after the police arrived was odd. Maybe he thought the guy wouldn't do anything in front of the cops, but that's not what I would have done.
We have an honest difference in opinion for a change and that's OK.

I at first thought the guy was restraining Pelosi. The cops said “what’s going on man.” That question should not have been asked. I think Pelosi should have immediately apprised them of the situation . If he wasn’t restrained release the hammer and step outside.

I at first thought the guy was restraining Pelosi. The cops said “what’s going on man.” That question should not have been asked. I think Pelosi should have immediately apprised them of the situation . If he wasn’t restrained release the hammer and step outside.
We weren't there and didn't go through the experience so I'm not going to second guess how old man Pelosi handled the situation. My opinion is that the old man was trying to keep the situation as calm as possible.

Seems easy to take the hammer from him. Simply say, "hey will you hold my drink please"?

• Haha
There's so many baffling things going on. It's truly a wtf moment. Question marks galore. Even the security system. Pelosi has tons of haters. How does the security system not trigger a 911 call immediately?
Nothing baffling about it. It's obvious, Pelosi should be charged with assaulting the hammer with his head.

There's so many baffling things going on. It's truly a wtf moment. Question marks galore. Even the security system. Pelosi has tons of haters. How does the security system not trigger a 911 call immediately?
I think RING or most DIY security systems can hit up 911 on the cheap.
Paul himself said that Capital Police were usually there protecting Nan, apparently we paid pretty well for that little nugget. Why not at the least some door/window/glass sensors.
Did you notice how hard and how many times the mostly peaceful home invader had to hit the the glass in that back door? That shit isn't on the cheap and it's definitely premeditated to be installed in a freaking back door.
Unlike almost any, I am not empathetic or sympathetic (or could give 2 fvcks) for Nan or Insider Paul. Not because she is a D though. It's because her type have spent their entire lives, creating that shithole that is California now. You made your bed, and the bed that many other good people have to deal with. The rest of the free world finds California to be a shit hole, terrorist state.
(ALL apologies to the good parts of Cali, you deserve better than Nan).

I think RING or most DIY security systems can hit up 911 on the cheap.
Paul himself said that Capital Police were usually there protecting Nan, apparently we paid pretty well for that little nugget. Why not at the least some door/window/glass sensors.
Did you notice how hard and how many times the mostly peaceful home invader had to hit the the glass in that back door? That shit isn't on the cheap and it's definitely premeditated to be installed in a freaking back door.
Unlike almost any, I am not empathetic or sympathetic (or could give 2 fvcks) for Nan or Insider Paul. Not because she is a D though. It's because her type have spent their entire lives, creating that shithole that is California now. You made your bed, and the bed that many other good people have to deal with. The rest of the free world finds California to be a shit hole, terrorist state.
(ALL apologies to the good parts of Cali, you deserve better than Nan).
That’s screwed up. Who’s going to care if you get whacked in the head with a hammer? You take politics too far.

Only one I ever saw was the one released today - psycho hits old man with hammer in front of cops.
Pelosi called 911

The police respond.

Pelosi opens the door.

If you don't want to watch a video that I post that is your preogative. But when I make comments based on what is IN the video, specifically the audio call that apparently you never heard it's probably a good idea to watch the video before responding.

Why would I repost a different video of the same incident unless the video I posted added context from the original one? I'm not stupid- I specifically mentioned the audio because much of what I posted is based on what I was able to discern from the audio of the call.

That's why I mentioned Pelosi's dementia- he sounds totally confused when he's talking to the 911 operator- it's plain as day. There is not even a clear indication that the cops are coming- he signs off saying that the man wants me to hang up the phone now...

I even gave ftw an out for his totally despicable post by saying he hadn't heard the audio. That's why I posted it, so he'd see how stupid his comments were and disavow them. Instead he just chose to double down and impossible as it seems take his nonsense to a whole another level...

He may not be typical of all Trump supporters, but he's extremely in tune with the type of people who go to Trump rallies...

"Freedom and liberty isn't dying, it's being killed systemically and deliberately," said DePape. "The people killing it have names and addresses. So I got their names and addresses so I could pay them a little visit, have a heart-to-heart chat about their bad behavior."

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

I'm not saying there is anything hinky about the situation - I don't think the guy is a male prostitute. I think Pelosi, on the 911, call, was obviously sending out a message of help as best he could.

My biggest question no one adresses and its in the video is why is the glass from the door he broke IN to on the outside of the house? How do you break in with a hammer and keep all of the broken glass outside?

Screw that. If I think I'm going to be attacked by a nut, I'm running toward the police.
People that run at the police during a tense situation tend to get shot. I'm guessing 82 year olds don't run or react physically very fast. I'm almost 50 years younger, and I think that I would have a difficult time getting away from a large man with a hammer that is right next to me. Maybe closing the swing distance, engaging the attacker, and struggling for the weapon is the best move? You have about a quarter of a second to react.

My biggest question no one adresses and its in the video is why is the glass from the door he broke IN to on the outside of the house? How do you break in with a hammer and keep all of the broken glass outside?
Watch the break in video!! It’s pretty simple and a non issue!

• Love
Reactions: cosmickid
After reading this thread I have to believe all these weird posters want to hear is...its Trumps fault.

Says the person throwing in an insult at Biden lmao

It isn't trump's fault directly but it could easy to link the rhetoric he spearheaded as a major issue in pushing these mentally unstable people over the edge.

Maybe if politicians and media stopped painting the other side as evil, then shit like this wouldn't happen. But obviously painting the other side as evil pedophiles works on the weak minded...just look at your post and the person that tweeted that.

Just itching to find a good conspiracy to latch on to?

Grab a few tequilas and they will all start looking a little better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT