ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk coaches

Our goody two-shoes approach has gotten us nowhere. Our LEO has netted us 3 conference wins in 3 years.
If you mean CTA is too nice, then hire a jerk. Fine by me. If you mean he's not cheating (in a negative way), I'd rather lose honestly than cheat to win.

Liberty has not had sports scandals. Stop mixing the two.
Didn't say they did.

You can go online and read about multiple IU professors who have been fired or resigned for sexual misconduct. Doesn’t mean that IU is a “bad” institution.
Big difference, IMO, between a professor and the people literally doing the hiring & providing oversight.

These kind of things happen on the academic and administrative side everywhere.
Okay.

What is wrong with Jeremy Chadwell as a coach? Forget where he coaches. What has he specifically done to be removed from consideration?
My complaint about him is that he'd choose to work with those people. The Liberty AD got run out of Baylor for failing to catch another scandal there. I'm not sure I can reiterate it any stronger, but I'll try again. I wouldn't want someone from MSU, I wouldn't want someone from the PSU scandal era, I wouldn't want someone who would WANT to work for the people in charge of MSU & PSU after the scandals came to light. I think the company you keep matters. I think winning a game is not THAT important.

There are plenty of a-hole coaches IU can pick. There are lots of successful coaches IU can pick. My preference, personally, is to hire one not associated with the scumbags at Liberty.

But at least you didn't try to defend your lie about me. I do appreciate that.

He has a losing overall record at Miami, I'll politely pass.
He wouldn’t be on my list but he has an excellent overall resume. They’re 9-2 currently with one G5 loss. Unfortunately Miami’s conference offensive stats, especially their passing offense, aren’t good.

On the other hand, their special teams guy sounds good enough to be hired whether IU hired Martin or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1 and TMFT
I haven’t watched a Pacer’s game. Sorry, thought you were talking about anything related to IU.
QB just doesn’t strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Totally “inside the box” thinker. Yes man to upper management and the NBA in general. He might make a great coach selection, but the odds are against it IMO.

QB just doesn’t strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed. Totally “inside the box” thinker. Yes man to upper management and the NBA in general. He might make a great coach selection, but the odds are against it IMO.
None of that is related to IU,. I take it you’ve never met him or ever been around him.

I said this a few time since the UTSA coach was interviewed at A&M but Barry Odom at UNLV should be our next coach and he should bring his OC. He has done miracles at UNLV 9-2 , former Missouri coach record of 25-25

Age 46, Oklahomian, played Middle LB at Mizzou.
Mississippi St wants Odom.

Take a hard look at Jon Sumrall.
He is an excellent coach who will be snatched up soon.
Jeremy Chadwell is a no brainer.

Another home run? Curt Cignetti.

All three run circles around Allen as a coach.

Reactions: red hornet
If you mean CTA is too nice, then hire a jerk. Fine by me. If you mean he's not cheating (in a negative way), I'd rather lose honestly than cheat to win.

Didn't say they did.

Big difference, IMO, between a professor and the people literally doing the hiring & providing oversight.

Okay.

My complaint about him is that he'd choose to work with those people. The Liberty AD got run out of Baylor for failing to catch another scandal there. I'm not sure I can reiterate it any stronger, but I'll try again. I wouldn't want someone from MSU, I wouldn't want someone from the PSU scandal era, I wouldn't want someone who would WANT to work for the people in charge of MSU & PSU after the scandals came to light. I think the company you keep matters. I think winning a game is not THAT important.

There are plenty of a-hole coaches IU can pick. There are lots of successful coaches IU can pick. My preference, personally, is to hire one not associated with the scumbags at Liberty.

But at least you didn't try to defend your lie about me. I do appreciate that.
This came across my news feed tonight. Knock me over with a feather.

Not shocked at the report for what they’re being fined over. Liberty still has a fairly strong connection to the Southern Baptist Convention, which had its own scandal about 6-8 years ago regarding reports of churches turning a blind eye to abusive staff, staff using their position to be sexual predators, and robbing their constituents blind and nothing being done about it legally. Always the good sweep it under the rug move and act like nothing happened…🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT