ADVERTISEMENT

THE NEW COLLEGE FOOTBALL

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
Syracuse lost 45-0 and had a TE play qb. they don't care. no one cares. incidentally they got rid of a coach named dino and hired a new coach named dino. how is that even possible? and fsu is suing to get out of the acc. mizzou, big time on the rise thanks to the transfer portal and secret nil money (walmarts maybe who knows) is playing ohio state but the stars of ohio state aren't showing. so who cares. watched five minutes of a rain bowl, and albeit it was horrible weather, but high school games had better attendance. maybe enough with the bowls. just have playoffs. or call each playoff game a bowl. and where does fsu think it's going? they'll obviously only accept the sec then the big ten. how big are those two conferences going to get? let's just get rid of conferences. no more conferences. post season is only playoffs and the only bowls are attached to playoffs. fixed. what's next.

mls salary caps. restrictions on fun players only going to the coast. how long are we going to pay inflated prices to watch a player from the swedish league or marshall if we're stuck in the midwest. lift the caps and the dp shit and spend some cash and bring in fun players for all the teams not just hte coast.

and a bone to univee floor and the rest. baseball. get rid of blackouts in baseball. how do you grow a sport where you can't watch your own team

Syracuse lost 45-0 and had a TE play qb. they don't care. no one cares. incidentally they got rid of a coach named dino and hired a new coach named dino. how is that even possible? and fsu is suing to get out of the acc. mizzou, big time on the rise thanks to the transfer portal and secret nil money (walmarts maybe who knows) is playing ohio state but the stars of ohio state aren't showing. so who cares. watched five minutes of a rain bowl, and albeit it was horrible weather, but high school games had better attendance. maybe enough with the bowls. just have playoffs. or call each playoff game a bowl. and where does fsu think it's going? they'll obviously only accept the sec then the big ten. how big are those two conferences going to get? let's just get rid of conferences. no more conferences. post season is only playoffs and the only bowls are attached to playoffs. fixed. what's next.

mls salary caps. restrictions on fun players only going to the coast. how long are we going to pay inflated prices to watch a player from the swedish league or marshall if we're stuck in the midwest. lift the caps and the dp shit and spend some cash and bring in fun players for all the teams not just hte coast.

and a bone to univee floor and the rest. baseball. get rid of blackouts in baseball. how do you grow a sport where you can't watch your own team

The only word that was capitalized was the first and I would bet large amounts of money that your phone did that.

You're gonna lose your millennial status if you keep that up.

It seems the only bowl games that matter to the players anymore are the final four play off games. I’d guess Washington, Michigan, Alabama, and Texas will have their full roster available. Washington beat Texas in last year’s Alamo Bowl but Texas had kids like Bijan Robinson sit out. Penix will face full Texas this season.

Breathe.

The MLS/USSF Open Cup back and forth isn’t helpful either. Wake me when we get to pro/rel. it’s the only way forward.

Breathe.

The MLS/USSF Open Cup back and forth isn’t helpful either. Wake me when we get to pro/rel. it’s the only way forward.
Mls are aholes. Money grabbing aholes. They should buy usl and play in the open cup

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Hah. Can’t drink while taking pain meds. And that pisses me off.

giphy.gif

Gotta make a choice.
Yeah. Fvck that.

Friend in Georgia had both knees done. Hospital forgot to send meds home with him after the second one. Called and asked if he could drink if he didn’t get the meds. Hospital said, “sure.” So, he did the Johnnie Walker Black program and “did better with this than all the pain med shit.”

In all seriousness…how many weeks out are you?
Eleven days. Surgery on 12/12. Despite the more-intense thigh pain this time, the actual knee pain is less and my motion and strength numbers are much better at this point when compared to the first. And this is the “worse” knee.

My bride says, “maybe he’s learned how to do it better since the first.” (The doc is late 30’s and looks like he’s 16.)

Eleven days. Surgery on 12/12. Despite the more-intense thigh pain this time, the actual knee pain is less and my motion and strength numbers are much better at this point when compared to the first. And this is the “worse” knee.

My bride says, “maybe he’s learned how to do it better since the first.” (The doc is late 30’s and looks like he’s 16.)
At this point with your first surgery were you requiring the same amount of pain meds?

At this point with your first surgery were you requiring the same amount of pain meds?
Yeah, but I stopped with everything at about three weeks. My bride is strongly suggesting we drop the Oxy and go with Extra-Strength Tylenol.

“Hell, you’re walking around most of the time without the cane and you were nowhere near this point the first time.”

Given the knee area pain is less this time I’m pretty optimistic that once this thigh pain regresses I’ll be in good shape. Lot of bruising that’s turning such a nice shade of yellow . . .

Yeah, but I stopped with everything at about three weeks. My bride is strongly suggesting we drop the Oxy and go with Extra-Strength Tylenol.

“Hell, you’re walking around most of the time without the cane and you were nowhere near this point the first time.”

Given the knee area pain is less this time I’m pretty optimistic that once this thigh pain regresses I’ll be in good shape. Lot of bruising that’s turning such a nice shade of yellow . . .
It sounds like you are doing well. I hope the “knee” continues to improve. Rye whiskey and Scottish Ales await

My bride can't take high strength pain meds without it blocking her up for days. Can't shit and has to force the issue with laxatives to the point she's afraid to leave the house in case things unexpectedly break loose. She had one of her debilitating migraines last weekend and only yesterday was it safe for her to venture out.

Eventually they will need to shorten the regular season by a couple games and make the playoffs 16 teams. Actually, make two different 16 team playoffs with one being the equivalent of the NIT. My opinion.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I hate iPAs but they stumbled on the right recipe here
Back in the day, when the OTF ruled, Zombie Dust was all the rage. It was highly recommended. I tried it and spit it out. Someone else, at the same time, wrote on the OTF that Zombie Dust was a hoax, that it tasted like panther piss.

So, Panther piss has been my go-to line for IPAs ever since.

How a brewery that could produce such an excellent beer in Robert the Bruce could produce crap like Zombie Dust is a mystery.

My bride can't take high strength pain meds without it blocking her up for days. Can't shit and has to force the issue with laxatives to the point she's afraid to leave the house in case things unexpectedly break loose. She had one of her debilitating migraines last weekend and only yesterday was it safe for her to venture out.
Yeah, the constipation can be annoying.

I also had a crazy case of the hiccups the afternoon and evening of the day after surgery.

Back in the day, when the OTF ruled, Zombie Dust was all the rage. It was highly recommended. I tried it and spit it out. Someone else, at the same time, wrote on the OTF that Zombie Dust was a hoax, that it tasted like panther piss.

How a brewery that could produce such an excellent beer in Robert the Bruce could produce crap like Zombie Dust is a mystery.
Omg too funny I remember that zombie dust rage. That whole beer rage seems to have subsided. It’ll be interesting to see if the gummie edible shit does too as I see some of the overlap with strangely obsessed customers and weird new offerings

Zombie Dust is good and I remember when that shit was next to impossible to find, at least where I’m from. You pretty much had to be at the liquor store when they were getting their weekly shipments and hope the Dust was in there. Not that way anymore. I saw Zombie Dust at CVS (maybe it was Walgreens) the other day.

Zombie Dust is good and I remember when that shit was next to impossible to find, at least where I’m from. You pretty much had to be at the liquor store when they were getting their weekly shipments and hope the Dust was in there. Not that way anymore. I saw Zombie Dust at CVS (maybe it was Walgreens) the other day.
And now I can’t find Robert the Bruce. My favorite saloon here has Belhaven on draft. My favorite. Trying to get other places to add it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT