ADVERTISEMENT

The Eclipse Thread

I’m in Bluffton in a Walmart parking lot. Some people here but not anything close to insanity,

Reactions: UncleMark
My buddy that came stayed in a hotel and he said it was sold out. In fact, all were reported sold out. I still think it is a good football weekend crowd, I doubt businesses will complain too much.

I saw yesterday Indianapolis had the most Airbnb bookings in the country. Given Dallas and Cleveland are along totality, that is pretty impressive.
Only place in town with rooms was Cascade… for almost $800!

Might as well get something going here.

As you all know, Bton is in the path of totality. They claim that up to 300K people could descend on the area on Monday. Police and emergency planners are on high alert. The town is expected to be gridlocked. A number of businesses are closing, and many or most are planning on reduced staffing.

Weather looks like it's going to be sketchy, currently calling for scattered clouds.

IU is having a big event in Memorial Stadium, featuring Bill Shatner and a couple of other people who I have no clue who they are.

Me, I am taking the day off, and will cruise around town in the later morning or early afternoon just to take in the chaos. I hope to be home in my yard in a lawn chain when the eclipse begins around 1:30, with totality due around 3:00.

So what are your plans?

(Oh, and Randall Munroe has been having fun the last few days days):

eclipse_coolness.png

eclipse_clouds.png
I'm driving up to West Lafayette to see how much money I can make while I conjure the sun back😎

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT