ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS Thread for Mature Adults

So was this one of the guys the FBI/ Philly police tracked as they drove from VA to Philly in a silver Hummer?

"Police arrested two men in Center City Philadelphia late Thursday after receiving a tip that they were making threats against the Pennsylvania Convention Center, where the city's mail-in ballots were still being counted.

Police were told the men were coming up from Virginia armed with AR-15s, police sources said.

Police spotted the silver Hummer parked along North 13th Street, near the Convention Center. The SUV was decorated with stickers promoting the conspiracy theory QAnon."

Seems like the people doing the calls don't want to call these states until Biden's leads come close to being larger than the number of outstanding ballots (and we get more hard data on Provisionals), so we might be here a while even though the math is pretty obvious at this point.

My diet’s literally gone down the shitter this week. Ready for this to be over and back in a normal routine
You guys are a mess. Other than staying up a little later than usual on election night, my routine hasn’t changed at all. Worked all week, had a few cocktails at night, played my usual late Thursday afternoon 9 holes of golf. Only difference was the sun setting while we were on the 9th fairway. I hate the time changes. We should do something about that. ;)

You guys are a mess. Other than staying up a little later than usual on election night, my routine hasn’t changed at all. Worked all week, had a few cocktails at night, played my usual late Thursday afternoon 9 holes of golf. Only difference was the sun setting while we were on the 9th fairway. I hate the time changes. We should do something about that. ;)
Yeah you had discipline inculcated early on. Some of us are rudderless....

Last edited:
Damn, All this hate and name calling. You should be happy. You got rid of orange man.
You can't even take a joke/sarcasm. No wonder you are a staunch Trump defender.
OK, here I go.
You asked me to call you a lunatic.
So, I obliged to your challenge.
And, you are telling me a name-caller?
No wonder you have been a staunch Oranger!

Yeah you had discipline inculcated early on. Some of us are rudderless....
Apparently! I forgot to mention doing 3 to 4 miles on the treadmill each day. Got to admit not running the entire time each day like I used to, but I get the heart rate up. I don’t even watch the news when I’m doing it. I watch something on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Got to keep it light.

There's a reason some of us never joined the military. No discipline. Vbg

Apparently! I forgot to mention doing 3 to 4 miles on the treadmill each day. Got to admit not running the entire time each day like I used to, but I get the heart rate up. I don’t even watch the news when I’m doing it. I watch something on Netflix or Amazon Prime. Got to keep it light.
Good for you Aloha. Throw in some weights and you’ll live forever. I blew my knee out three years ago. It’s been an obstacle that has aged me a decade.

Good for you Aloha. Throw in some weights and you’ll live forever. I blew my knee out three years ago. It’s been an obstacle that has aged me a decade.
Forgot that too. I do some weights as well, but not every day. Got to keep the guns looking good and hopefully capable of occasionally driving a golf ball over 275 yards (seems my 300 yard drive days are long gone). I’ll live forever not because of this though. I’ll live forever because I’ve vowed not to die until IU wins a football national championship. ;)

Reactions: RBB89
Forgot that too. I do some weights as well, but not every day. Got to keep the guns looking good and hopefully capable of occasionally driving a golf ball over 275 yards (seems my 300 yard drive days are long gone). I’ll live forever not because of this though. I’ll live forever because I’ve vowed not to die until IU wins a football national championship. ;)
Ha that’s the spirit! Weights are so important tho. That I’m able to do regularly still.

Yeah, I'd think the Republican Party should be ecstatic about this election. They will apparently keep the Senate. They'll pick up a few seats in the House. They'll get rid of THE PROBLEM. The new President is not particularly frightening and he's very likely a one term President which means they get a fresh shot in 2024. And the Democrats will probably end up running Harris since she's the one standing there.

I'd say there are plenty of reasons to be pleased about this week if you're a Republican.
Well, obviously you must be wrong, because Trump and offspring have been whining that not enough Republicans have been speaking out in support of Him (hallelejuh hallelejuh). The Republicans are obviously violating their loyalty oath to Him (hallelujah hallelejuh).

Republicans are crazy if they think Trump, after office, won't still support primary opponents against them if he thinks they were earlier "disloyal" to King Trump. I can't wait for Lindsey Graham to donate that $500,000 his big mouth promised to King Trump's legal fund, and then see Trump attack him in a primary for "disloyalty".

Trump is pure poison and vengeance. Republicans are going to be uncomfortable for a long time, if they are smart.

Reactions: sglowrider

Have you tried the base training/MAF Training methods? Like 150 mins minimum per week and for at least 6 weeks before building or inserting the anaerobic phases.
Its a better approach for fitness. Building that aerobic foundation first.

Alito refuses to stop the counting of late arriving PA ballots. Orders county election officials to segregate - but count - all ballots as had been previously ordered by the PA Supreme Court.

You can't even take a joke/sarcasm. No wonder you are a staunch Trump defender.
OK, here I go.
You asked me to call you a lunatic.
So, I obliged to your challenge.
And, you are telling me a name-caller?
No wonder you have been a staunch Oranger!

I kinda like you Meridian even if you don’t like me. 😂

Reactions: meridian
I was just looking at the numbers. It’s incredible how close this race was. Fitting for a terrible year. Of course even this had to be a mess
I'm unsure, but I believe that these ballots aren't really going to matter, even if the Court decides later to invalidate them. Not enough to get Trump back in contention. But don't hold me to that. I'm really having trouble keeping all these moving parts in front of me.

I'm unsure, but I believe that these ballots aren't really going to matter, even if the Court decides later to invalidate them. Not enough to get Trump back in contention. But don't hold me to that. I'm really having trouble keeping all these moving parts in front of me.
No I think you’re right. The race is over. It’s just close enough to keep this nonsense going and perp conflict. Why should we expect anything else for this year. What’s next month? An asteroid a little too close?

I was just looking at the numbers. It’s incredible how close this race was. Fitting for a terrible year. Of course even this had to be a mess

Does this make us look at the EC and it’s validity now? Biden will win the popular vote by over 4.1M. And he damn well could have lost the election. That’s kind of nuts. Should states look at following Maine and Nebraska and portioning votes? Is there a better way to choose the POTUS that more accurately reflects the will of the voters? These popular vote disparities are getting a little absurd.

Does this make us look at the EC and it’s validity now? Biden will win the popular vote by over 4.1M. And he damn well could have lost the election. That’s kind of nuts. Should states look at following Maine and Nebraska and portioning votes? Is there a better way to choose the POTUS that more accurately reflects the will of the voters? These popular vote disparities are getting a little absurd.
That’s above my pay grade. Lots of issues brought to light with this election. When you back out the hysterical noise from the fringes we have a legitimate deep rural urban divide. To do what you suggest drowns the voices of the former. I think it’s a stretch to say the system is broken but there are clearly problems

Getting rid of the Electoral College isn't going to happen. What Maine and Nebraska do addresses the winner-takes-all nature of how the electoral votes are cast. It helps, for sure, but it's never going to make up for the two extra electoral votes everyone gets.

Getting rid of the Electoral College isn't going to happen. What Maine and Nebraska do addresses the winner-takes-all nature of how the electoral votes are cast. It helps, for sure, but it's never going to make up for the two extra electoral votes everyone gets.

Well yeah the Senate is a whole other box of worms. That’s never changing but I do think we could consider the Presidential elections. We have a lot of empty space choosing the leader of the free world.

Well yeah the Senate is a whole other box of worms. That’s never changing but I do think we could consider the Presidential elections. We have a lot of empty space choosing the leader of the free world.
4 million people + is a shit ton to be this close. It is nutty

I hope Trump pays the legal fees from his own "fortune." Oh, wait. Never mind.

Yes but it REALLY rewards gerrymandering.
Not so sure what you're trying to say. NE would have given all its EVs to Trump without it's split assigments, and vice versa for Maine. The minority districts, as gerrymandered as they are, at least got to cast an EV that reflected their preferences. If Indiana worked this way, one of our EVs would have gone to Biden.

Not so sure what you're trying to say. NE would have given all its EVs to Trump without it's split assigments, and vice versa for Maine. The minority districts, as gerrymandered as they are, at least got to cast an EV that reflected their preferences. If Indiana worked this way, one of our EVs would have gone to Biden.

Some states like California have gone to bipartisan commissions to draw congressional boundaries. That will go away if we make congressional districts the deciding factor. If the GOP ever builds a party in CA and could get 15 districts in a fair draw, the Democrats would have a real interest in squashing that down to 8.

Some states like California have gone to bipartisan commissions to draw congressional boundaries. That will go away if we make congressional districts the deciding factor. If the GOP ever builds a party in CA and could get 15 districts in a fair draw, the Democrats would have a real interest in squashing that down to 8.
Gotchya. It's always sumpthin'.

Gotchya. It's always sumpthin'.

There has to be a system that works. We have smart people somewhere in this country.

I mentioned a couple days ago, Nixon, Ford, and Bush 41 all wanted the EC done away with. Republicans now don't like it since they have purposely chosen to be a minority party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT