ADVERTISEMENT

Goat's POLS thread for election nerds.

Well, I'm going to flip between MSNBC and Fox. I wanted to give NewsNation a chance this year, because I like their news coverage, but they handed their election night to Cuomo, so screw that.

Reactions: larsIU
Hochul wins, ending some fantasies for a few here.
Hochul winning big means Dem voters were out in force, and that helps some embattled House seats in NY that the GOP thought they'd pick up. So far the GOP has basically made pick ups thru gerrymandering, but haven't really gotten victories in races those "scary phony GOP Halloween polls" convinced some on this board were GOP shoe ins...

And contrary to what some of our most outspoken posters were fond of claiming, Abortion was clearly a huge issue in several key races... And crime wasn't...

Abortion was clearly a huge issue in several key races... And crime wasn't...
I agree with half of that. Hochul pivoted to crime at the end, as many Dems did. I don't think voters ignored crime. But I do think abortion was a bigger deal than I expected. We'll need to wait for the final exits to see for sure.

Two big D wins in Ohio. Kaptur wins in a district that the GOP redrew in an attempt to get rid of her, and Landsman shocks in OH-1, beating a GOP incumbent in an R+4 district.

What are the results so far on the 300 election deniers that Dems are worried about? Are they winning?

Not gonna be called tonight, because it's too close, but NC-13 is 7000 votes in favor of another Dem pickup with all the votes reported. Gotta wait for straggling absentee ballots (NC is notorious for this).

I really did not expect both the House and Senate races to be exciting at this point. I didn't necessarily think they'd be called by now, but I figured at least one and probably both would clearly be leaning GOP before midnight.

There are so many House races up in the air, I don't think we will know who has won the House tonight. And definitely not the Senate.

I was wrong. NC-13 called for the Dems. Another pickup.
Ex football player Bo Hines goes down in flames. Another Trump endorsed loser...

Funny story about Bo, and a nod to a famous Jimmy B cover of a Steve Goodman classic...

Here's the set up... Bo is on a conservative talk radio show, and decides to throw out a talking point about Banana Republics. A real Herschel Walker/ Lauren Boebert minute...

Check out the host's desperate attempt to keep himself from laughing out loud...

An ode to discount clothing retailers...

I wonder what’s still out, as I’m assuming the African American vote would lean to Warnock.
The key for Warnock is to keep Herschel from 50+ %,and force a runoff...

Kelly and Fet look likely to win their respective seats, and Cortez Masto may be a lot stronger than anticipated in Nevada. If dems are +1 before a runoff, how motivated are GOP voters going to be to show up again for Herschel with no Kemp on the ticket?

Just saw an update where Warnock has taken the lead with about 91% in. He's at about 49.1, and it doesn't seem likely he can get to 50% with only 9% outstanding. But after the disastrous showing by Pubs tonight, how much wind will be left in their sails by the time Dec 6 rolls around?

Reactions: Morrison
The key for Warnock is to keep Herschel from 50+ %,and force a runoff...

Kelly and Fet look likely to win their respective seats, and Cortez Masto may be a lot stronger than anticipated in Nevada. If dems are +1 before a runoff, how motivated are GOP voters going to be to show up again for Herschel with no Kemp on the ticket?

Just saw an update where Warnock has taken the lead with about 91% in. He's at about 49.1, and it doesn't seem likely he can get to 50% with only 9% outstanding. But after the disastrous showing by Pubs tonight, how much wind will be left in their sails by the time Dec 6 rolls around?
Chuck Todd said Warnock has a shot at 50% with what’s still out there. Not probable, but possible.

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT