ADVERTISEMENT

Flight tracker speculation…..

Only arrival flight left on the board is from Bentonville AR and they probably just got raked over the coals at Walmart HQ.

• Haha
Reactions: sparkeyreturns
I'm thinking these flights aren't of much use. Because what I hear is our athletic department is so parsimonious when it comes to football, I can't see how we'd pay for airfare.

It was a joke. About whines about how we don't spend on football. That's all, so nvm.

Ahh. Sorry

star-trek-ball.gif

Bowlmania said,
“FAU just finished a pretty crappy season (4-8) but it was his first year there and they were competing in a new (for them) conference.
Man, if this could happen . . .”

I can rationalize the FAU record.
Even though Florida is arguably one of the top 5 high school football rich states to recruit, IMO, FAU not in the top 4 in the same state (FSU, UF, the U and Central Florida) with UGA, Auburn and Alabama near by. We all know what it’s like to have 2 power 5 schools in same state with multiple others near by. IU has to work with what’s left over.
IMO, FAU didn’t have TV revenue nor NIL resources that could compete (not even with IU). I haven’t studied their roster, but Herman’s lack of success at FAU would not be a red flag to me.
If there were (and the important tense = Were) skeletons, then I hope we have learned our lessens. CYA from a contract standpoint and don’t let it happen.
We need a really good coach.
It looks like Herman fits the need.

Bowlmania said,
“FAU just finished a pretty crappy season (4-8) but it was his first year there and they were competing in a new (for them) conference.
Man, if this could happen . . .”

I can rationalize the FAU record.
Even though Florida is arguably one of the top 5 high school football rich states to recruit, IMO, FAU not in the top 4 in the same state (FSU, UF, the U and Central Florida) with UGA, Auburn and Alabama near by. We all know what it’s like to have 2 power 5 schools in same state with multiple others near by. IU has to work with what’s left over.
IMO, FAU didn’t have TV revenue nor NIL resources that could compete (not even with IU). I haven’t studied their roster, but Herman’s lack of success at FAU would not be a red flag to me.
If there were (and the important tense = Were) skeletons, then I hope we have learned our lessens. CYA from a contract standpoint and don’t let it happen.
We need a really good coach.
It looks like Herman fits the need.
Good points. Also, and I mentioned this either earlier here or in another thread, anyone can have a bad year. It's the overall record that matters, and his is very good.

Herman would be, I believe, as good as it gets for IU - - - splashy hire, successful power conference head coach, Texas connections. We'd have instant credibility and I believe there would be immediate dividends, with talent coming in through the portal. I think he'd also enjoy some success in "recruiting" back some of our existing guys who have announced for the portal.

The guy is a winner, 2023 at FAU notwithstanding. 5-0 in bowl games, including a win over Georgia in the Peach Bowl. Wow.

I guess that whoever was on the Hilton Head flight that arrived this morning and is leaving tomorrow was someone who got interviewed.

For my preference of all the names suggested I really like Herman, Creighton and Dickert. Also 3 we'd have a realistic opportunity to hire. All 3 would know able assistants for a strong staff. Herman's and Dickert's recruiting tree might be a little broader than CC but maybe not. But all 3 have earned success.
My favorites in this search are Herman and Candle. Those are two strong candidates.

Good points. Also, and I mentioned this either earlier here or in another thread, anyone can have a bad year. It's the overall record that matters, and his is very good.

Herman would be, I believe, as good as it gets for IU - - - splashy hire, successful power conference head coach, Texas connections. We'd have instant credibility and I believe there would be immediate dividends, with talent coming in through the portal. I think he'd also enjoy some success in "recruiting" back some of our existing guys who have announced for the portal.

The guy is a winner, 2023 at FAU notwithstanding. 5-0 in bowl games, including a win over Georgia in the Peach Bowl. Wow.
Concur completely. 3 other names I'm + about but TH is #1☆! Fill the vault and offer it. In 4 years we'll be farting in silk shorts.

I'm thinking these flights aren't of much use. Because what I hear is our athletic department is so parsimonious when it comes to football, I can't see how we'd pay for airfare.

Nothing on the airport arrival board so far this morning.

Yea, checking these flights isn't panning out and you're right about IU being on the cheap when it comes to football...

... has anyone checked the train or bus schedules? .... Does UBER have a schedule to check?

Still nothing on the board but I am surprised that a A320 is going to arrive there. Didn’t know it had a runway that long.

Reactions: iueyedoc99
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT