ADVERTISEMENT

Fitzgerald

Have we thought about bringing in Fitzy to replace our current HS coach?
It's been discussed, yes. Not very realistic, but I'll bet if it was a realistic possibility, the vast majority of IU fans would be all for it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Reports are that eight former FB players are suing for emotional and physical abuse.
Like people jumping on a city bus that just had a wreck ...

working_hard_for_the_money_anim_md_nwm_v2.gif

Too many posters don't want to see how the new coaches and players help IU. I think IU will do much better this season with the coaches that came in. The OL will be better prepared [they are putting in extra work this year], our increased speed will help a lot, and our new DL will put more pressure on offenses, I just hope they can really get after the offenses.

Too many posters don't want to see how the new coaches and players help IU. I think IU will do much better this season with the coaches that came in. The OL will be better prepared [they are putting in extra work this year], our increased speed will help a lot, and our new DL will put more pressure on offenses, I just hope they can really get after the offenses.
I look for us to improve.

As do I …

Atty Dan Webb issues blistering commentary after Ben Crump’s 52 page lawsuit filing pointing out that no where does the name Pat Fitzgerald appear in the suit. NU President whose speciality is property and real estate law looks the fool more with each passing day. He could have suspended Fitzgerald for the season and probably that would have been it. He exposed NU to far more liability by the manner in which he acted. Btw, reports are he did not consult with the NU GC or any employment trial law experts.

Atty Dan Webb issues blistering commentary after Ben Crump’s 52 page lawsuit filing pointing out that no where does the name Pat Fitzgerald appear in the suit. NU President whose speciality is property and real estate law looks the fool more with each passing day. He could have suspended Fitzgerald for the season and probably that would have been it. He exposed NU to far more liability by the manner in which he acted. Btw, reports are he did not consult with the NU GC or any employment trial law experts.
The NU President knew players didn't go to coach Fitz to tell him about the hazing. The president really screwed up and Northwestern could return to not winning any games for years again. Plus they will owe coach Fitz a lot of money.

The NU President knew players didn't go to coach Fitz to tell him about the hazing. The president really screwed up and Northwestern could return to not winning any games for years again. Plus they will owe coach Fitz a lot of money.
NU has a big problem, but it isn’t and wasn't Fitz.

Some suits and resports claim Fitz and other coaches were aware, at least one walking in on it more than once.

I have and will stay away from speculation and making claims other than as I said lots of folks and agendas will jump in.

Yeah, it may be different in the Navy. Probably is.....
Navy boot conditioned me well to perform my duties. It wasn't that physically demanding but 12 weeks of 20 hour work days building trust in 100 men you'd never met while training for life onboard a warship...yea we were hazed in an acceptable way.

And damn glad we were...

It helped when sailing the northern Persian Gulf and sleeping below the water line while your ship travels through minefields, doing your job knowing that an Iraqi mirage could put an exocet in your lap, or terrorists bombing you while you're getting some rest in port.

Navy boot conditioned me well to perform my duties. It wasn't that physically demanding but 12 weeks of 20 hour work days building trust in 100 men you'd never met while training for life onboard a warship...yea we were hazed in an acceptable way.

And damn glad we were...

It helped when sailing the northern Persian Gulf and sleeping below the water line while your ship travels through minefields, doing your job knowing that an Iraqi mirage could put an exocet in your lap, or terrorists bombing you while you're getting some rest in port.
Thanks for your service.

When Fitz becomes available again, IU should make a run at him.

The last 2 seasons not withstanding, his body of work up there speaks for itself. He’s a good coach and I think he could do good things here. He’s going to end up somewhere and do well. You talk about a situation with Northwestern that has more obstacles than IU. Their fan support is bad. It’s notoriously tough to recruit there. I think he’d work wonders at IU.

Reactions: midwolfe and bang63

The last 2 seasons not withstanding, his body of work up there speaks for itself. He’s a good coach and I think he could do good things here. He’s going to end up somewhere and do well. You talk about a situation with Northwestern that has more obstacles than IU. Their fan support is bad. It’s notoriously tough to recruit there. I think he’d work wonders at IU.
I'll second that!

Why would he come to IU when he's going to have his pick of great offers?

I hope poster change their mind about coach Allen after this year and down the road. I expect this year to be better and maybe much better with recruiting building back up. We have more speed and better coaches this year so lets see what they can do with the talent.

I hope poster change their mind about coach Allen after this year and down the road. I expect this year to be better and maybe much better with recruiting building back up. We have more speed and better coaches this year so lets see what they can do with the talent.
I agree, but I think concern about our QB is very justified.

As you said, if the OL can block well enough so our running game is effective, it will help our overall offense and our QB doesn't have to be Superman.

But it all remains to be seen. I'm keeping my expectations low, but the potential is there for an 8 win season, imo.

Maybe he’ll want to vindicate himself and stay in the Big Ten?
You are right. He was supposedly considered highly for Notre Dame and he remained true to his alma mater.
Do, when the inevitable happens in 2 seasons with Allen, who are we going after? If we were to look at a “re-tread,” Fitz would be top of the list.

Honestly, I agree that we have enough personnel to manage 6 wins. It’s not great but enough that WITH GOOD COACHING we could get there.
It’s the good coaching part that is extremely concerning. I don’t think we have that X factor. I think the coaching staff is holding back this program.

Reactions: kmathum
Honestly, I agree that we have enough personnel to manage 6 wins. It’s not great but enough that WITH GOOD COACHING we could get there.
It’s the good coaching part that is extremely concerning. I don’t think we have that X factor. I think the coaching staff is holding back this program.
We have new coaches too that the athletes like their approach so the ones not that good left. I hope they are up to the task but coach G was going to be Wilson's DC at his new job. Coach Tucker had very good results as a coach of receivers at Utah. Coach Bostad is known as one of the best OL coaches in the country so I think IU will improve this year.

Schill announced that NU is retaining a consulting firm to review the university’s accountability processes.

Also 15 former athletes in multiple sports have aligned with a single law firm.

We have new coaches too that the athletes like their approach so the ones not that good left. I hope they are up to the task but coach G was going to be Wilson's DC at his new job. Coach Tucker had very good results as a coach of receivers at Utah. Coach Bostad is known as one of the best OL coaches in the country so I think IU will improve this year.
We all (well most) want CTA to succeed. I really like him as a man. But at the end of the day, IU football needs to win. We like the OL hire. We have the revenue resources. But NIL does hurt us. I’ve got my season tickets. I’ll go to as many games as I can being 4 hours away. He probably has two years because of the buyout. I know I’m staying the obvious.

I could see him ending up on the Bears staff. This whole thing may have left a bad taste in his mouth for college ball.

Unfortunately, none of them have any remaining eligiblity 😉... Seriously though, it depends on the players as to whether they use that coaching to their advantage... There were times over the past couple of seasons where I started to question whether some of them had the heart that it took to play at this level...

Unfortunately, none of them have any remaining eligiblity 😉... Seriously though, it depends on the players as to whether they use that coaching to their advantage... There were times over the past couple of seasons where I started to question whether some of them had the heart that it took to play at this level...
After McFadden got kicked out and the way the team performed afterwards, I think that's not even a question.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT