ADVERTISEMENT

Being a man

Oh I love my shawl collar cardigans. I look just like this:

tumblr_lwa3pbUinC1qi9ssdo1_r7_500.jpg
Striped pants, on McQueen? That is near blasphemy. A picture of his ‘68 Mustang GT in Bullitt is your penance.

I have a similar story back when I was in college. I went up to Broadripple with some friends to see a show. After the show and a few more drinks, we stopped by HotBox Pizza. While waiting for our pizza, someone broke one of the soda dispensers so soda was spraying everywhere with no end in sight. Everyone just kind of looked at it and said that sucks, not my problem. But one guy grabbed a cup, placed it over the spraying soda dispenser, and fixed the problem.

My friend started a slow clap and everyone else joined in with a drunken clap and cheer. One girl walked up to the hero in this story, took off her shirt, kissed him, and said take me home. This led to several girls fighting over the soda hero. He took a drink from the soda cup used to save the day and said, "No need to fight. I have enough pizza for all of us."

Now you're probably asking whatever happened to this manly hero. Well, he's the one sharing this story with you.

(this is a true story up to the "one girl..." part)
Pictures, or it didn’t happen.

Seems like it’s harder to be a masculine man these days, particularly if you are a liberal.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female roles. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

Toxic femininity only works in a free society. As soon as the hordes come to take the land these women will be on the lower tier. I am not saying I want this because as an older man I probably will be killed.

I noticed when I was cleaning out my 2003 Pilot with 387,500 miles that I have never, even once, had to use the emergency spare. No flats in 21 years. Amazing. I am sure I never came close to that before.

I used to change my oil but will likely give that up for good since the new car came with free oil changes for 2 years. I still mow and maintain my own yard, trim trees, use a chainsaw. I fix everything reasonable (mower, washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, simple car repairs, bikes, etc). I know my way around a wood shop and have built a porch swing, a tripod support for a hammock chair, and a futon frame in the past year alone.

I manage all of my investments.

I think I am doing fairly well in the man card department
Much easier to hire someone to do that stuff. I’d never had to change a flat tire. I’ve now done it twice in the last few weeks.

Reactions: DANC
I have about a hundred ties. Now only wear a tie one time a year, when we go to a childhood brain cancer charity event. Guess it’s time to auction off the lot. But I’m going to keep the IU, Golden Retriever, Guinness and Santa ties.
I haven't bought - or received - a tie in 10 years. Still wearing the same go-to tie with the same shirt with the same suit.

Only used for funerals and weddings now.

Reactions: UncleMark
Much easier to hire someone to do that stuff. I’d never had to change a flat tire. I’ve now done it twice in the last few weeks.
I haven't had to change one ever since I can afford new tires instead of used ones.

Reactions: UncleMark
Trying out your equipment in your driveway before you have a flat is a good way to go. A block of wood can be helpful on a jack and I always keep a piece of pipe to add on the lug wrench handle.
The challenge nowdays is to figure out where all the shit is and how it works.

It's not just a jack and lug wrench anymore.

I learned young, my dad's 73 Ford van had a flat on 30 and 69 area of Fort Wayne just after buying. Ford had a jack that wouldn't work if you had a flat. It was too tall to get under the axle. We switched to other jacks . Todays jacks on cars are scary although then again bumper jacks ? Wow . Older trucks I had I carried a 4 in 1 lug wrench. But even now a hammer and a piece of pipe go a long way .

define "masculine man" as you see it, so i'll know what the heck you're talking about..
Can’t do much better than Kipling—I like the very first sentence the best.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

And once you get it all unpacked you'll never get it back. It will roll around in the trunk for the life of the car.
Exactly! I had the dealership put the “stuff” back after they fixed the tire. It rattles!

Can’t do much better than Kipling—I like the very first sentence the best.

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
I prefer Judge Smails:

I was flying out of Miami Friday when a couple boarded the plane wearing matching T shirts. His said Husband, hers said Wifey and had their anniversary date underneath...

06-03-2003 ..... I laughed to myself and for some odd reason, though of @mcmurtry66 .

I'm not sure if this dude would be considered a man, or the most secure man ever built.

I was flying out of Miami Friday when a couple boarded the plane wearing matching T shirts. His said Husband, hers said Wifey and had their anniversary date underneath...

06-03-2003 ..... I laughed to myself and for some odd reason, though of @mcmurtry66 .

I'm not sure if this dude would be considered a man, or the most secure man ever built.
They're probably still having sex, so bad comparison. lol

She sent me vaca pics of our kid with her in a bikini. Was it coincidental? Were they THIRST TRAPS!!!!! Mind fcks for sure but I. Feel. Fine.
Send her a pic of you cleaning in your whitey tighties. Remind her what she is missing out on. I’d also tell her you’re the team leader of a pretty cool online group.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT