ADVERTISEMENT

Being a man

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
Seems like it’s harder to be a masculine man these days, particularly if you are a liberal.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female roles. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

Last edited:
Seems like it’s harder to be a masculine man these days, particularly if you are a liberal.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female rolls. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

Good post and topic. There’s been an assault on men and sadly we are a dying breed. There’s some still on this board. Me you cray Hillz hooky ftw Indiana joehoopsier and a few others. Not many. Not enough. Not nearly enough.

a6e3a0eb26becab23aad2298b09b3424.jpg

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female rolls. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

Wow. Is there any better example of a liberal failing the manhood test than Hickory’s giggling emojis?

A strong male response to my, or any, post would be
1. Agreement
2. Disagreement
3. STFU.

The need to say something, and that something be an emoji is decidedly not masculine. Hickory frequently proves the point.

Wow. Is there any better example of a liberal failing the manhood test than Hickory’s giggling emojis?

1. Agreement
2. Disagreement
3. STFU.

The need to say something, and that something be an emoji is decidedly not masculine. Hickory frequently proves the point.
MEN MEN MEN MEN MEN, Manly men

And girls on trampolines!

I approve of this message. ....

1. Agreement
2. Disagreement
3. STFU.

I think the woman is kind of the problem. She expects to be able to be nontraditional while expecting the male she bonds with to treat her traditionally. I think people are figuring out that some traditional things existed for a reason.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female roles. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

That article, with the possible exception of your prologue to it, may have been the stupidest thing I have ever read. I kept looking for The Onion logo.
Another example of the rampant victimhood that masquerades as conservative thought.

You know, a lot of this is the just the general corrosion of good manners and civility. And maybe some of this is geographic. When I had to use the cane, I found people in the south would go out of their way to open doors or give me some extra room to maneuver. In the north, people would walk around me, as they could move faster, enter a building and let the door shut in my face.

This may not have much to do with the lament of the purple-haired Lib woman, but in looking for a relationship, when you would think one would be on their best behavior, this lack of respect seems to be the end result of years of weakening our expectations of each other.

That article, with the possible exception of your prologue to it, may have been the stupidest thing I have ever read. I kept looking for The Onion logo.
Another example of the rampant victimhood that masquerades as conservative thought.
That author has a page where you can tip him a buck or two

Maybe we should see the original article by the human with female sex organs.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Using words like “stupidest,” and “victimhood,” as an argument is the point. You’d be better with Hickory’s emogi

• Love
Reactions: jet812
I think the woman is kind of the problem. She expects to be able to be nontraditional while expecting the male she bonds with to treat her traditionally.
Yep. I think some folks are figuring out that changes to a status quo begets changes that aren't intended. Guys are figuring out that postive changes wanted by women don't come with positive changes for men.

For example, the whole women can choose to work if they want to thing. Or they can choose to stay home. Those choices aren't available to men. Choices are only available to women.

Yep. I think some folks are figuring out that changes to a status quo begets changes that aren't intended. Guys are figuring out that postive changes wanted by women don't come with positive changes for men.

For example, the whole women can choose to work if they want to thing. Or they can choose to stay home. Those choices aren't available to men. Choices are only available to women.
Don’t you get the choice to always agree with your bride?

But it was on substack with supporting evidence on Tiktok from someone who went on one or two dates.

I think it has lead to other choices for men (that I don't think are societally that great). They just don't wife women like her anymore. Cohabitation, hook up culture, friends with benefits, all of that kind of stuff is the choice available to men with nontraditional women.

Reactions: vesuvius13
When you post stupid articles that promote victimhood, that's the only way to describe them. Don't post stupid shit, and I won't respond by calling it out.
You don’t get it. A bare naked calling it out means zilch. It fills a need that is decidedly not masculine. It might be juvenile masculine.

A whole article about a single tiktok video, is this what discourse has come to? I, too, think that finding singular instances on social media is worthy of my time to write my thoughts, or read them and project them as a confirmation of my world view.

I'd love to hear what being a "masculine man" means to the good denizens of this board because I personally don't feel like I'm hindered from acting in any way I choose, traditionally masculine ways or not. Who is telling a bunch of geriatrics to not act masculine?

A whole article about a single tiktok video, is this what discourse has come to? I, too, think that finding singular instances on social media is worthy of my time to write my thoughts, or read them and project them as a confirmation of my world view.

I'd love to hear what being a "masculine man" means to the good denizens of this board because I personally don't feel like I'm hindered from acting in any way I choose, traditionally masculine ways or not. Who is telling a bunch of geriatrics to not act masculine?

You ask some good questions.

I don’t think anybody is telling me not to be masculine. But I do think the education establishment, which is dominated by women, is stripping away masculinity from boys. Even to the extent of medicating them. The results show up in a number of ways including the dominance of females in K-12 performance and in high-Ed student bodies. African American men and boys are particularly screwed by femininity and it shows in all kinds of ways.

What does it mean to be a masculine man? For me it is action instead of process. It’s sympathy more than empathy. It’s concrete sequential thinking instead of random abstract thinking. It’s powering through adversity instead of internalizing and succumbing to feelings. There are many more comparisons. I guess the point is that there is good and bad in both, that’s why we need strong doses of both.

I’d also add technology, rise in atheism, and fatherless homes to the list of reasons for the issue.

I actually feel sorry for the babydoll. She was told a lie and is finally figuring it out. I don’t feel sorry for single guys like @mcmurtry66.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. All you have to do is eat meat, not wear rainbow colors, and be able to look down and see your “own” d#ck.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
What does it mean to be a masculine man? For me it is action instead of process. It’s sympathy more than empathy. It’s concrete sequential thinking instead of random abstract thinking. It’s powering through adversity instead of internalizing and succumbing to feelings. There are many more comparisons. I guess the point is that there is good and bad in both, that’s why we need strong doses of both.

I’d also add technology, rise in atheism, and fatherless homes to the list of reasons for the issue.

I actually feel sorry for the babydoll. She was told a lie and is finally figuring it out. I don’t feel sorry for single guys like @mcmurtry66.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel. All you have to do is eat meat, not wear rainbow colors, and be able to look down and see your “own” d#ck.
I feel so weak today. I’m going to take myself off the list of men on this board. I’m too weak

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT