ADVERTISEMENT

Being a man

That's what she meant if she only used one hand.
fire-extinguisher.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Let’s put it this way. I was out of town and my friends and I rented a big Escalade. In the middle of nowhere we had a horrible tire blowout on the highway. We were standing on the shoulder of the highway looking completely dumbfounded when my one buddy, who got his mba from thunderbird and has lived all over the world in various finance roles, announced “let’s just change the f*ucking tire.” I immediately felt happy. Then I YouTubed how to change a tire on an Escalade and saw that the video was 20 minutes long and knew that we had zero chance of getting it done.

So we called onstar. They were looking for the nearest dealership to tow us when two kids rolled up in a beat up pickup. Jack and tools in the back. Cutoff shirt. Jeans. Heater hangin from his mouth as he crawled under the suv. I directed traffic while his feet dangled out into the lane. Ten minutes later they had the tire changed. If we had a month we wouldn’t have been able to figure out how the tools worked.

So we gave them three hundred bucks in cash and a bunch of tubes of pot gummies and they drove off like it was Xmas, likely making jokes about us

Men. Not men.
Back in my single days, I was waiting in line at Burger King at about 2 AM. Young woman in front of me doesn't turn sharp enough making a turn, hits the curb hard and her tire goes flat. She gets out and sits on the ground staring at the tire, clearly having no idea what to do. I pull over and offer to help. Changed her tire in less than 5 minutes and she then offered to buy me a drink. Went to a club nearby but they would not let her in (I assume she had a fake ID). So, we went back to her car and made out in her car.

It pays to know how to change a tire.

I noticed when I was cleaning out my 2003 Pilot with 387,500 miles that I have never, even once, had to use the emergency spare. No flats in 21 years. Amazing. I am sure I never came close to that before.

I used to change my oil but will likely give that up for good since the new car came with free oil changes for 2 years. I still mow and maintain my own yard, trim trees, use a chainsaw. I fix everything reasonable (mower, washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, simple car repairs, bikes, etc). I know my way around a wood shop and have built a porch swing, a tripod support for a hammock chair, and a futon frame in the past year alone.

I manage all of my investments.

I think I am doing fairly well in the man card department

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
Let’s put it this way. I was out of town and my friends and I rented a big Escalade. In the middle of nowhere we had a horrible tire blowout on the highway. We were standing on the shoulder of the highway looking completely dumbfounded when my one buddy, who got his mba from thunderbird and has lived all over the world in various finance roles, announced “let’s just change the f*ucking tire.” I immediately felt happy. Then I YouTubed how to change a tire on an Escalade and saw that the video was 20 minutes long and knew that we had zero chance of getting it done.

So we called onstar. They were looking for the nearest dealership to tow us when two kids rolled up in a beat up pickup. Jack and tools in the back. Cutoff shirt. Jeans. Heater hangin from his mouth as he crawled under the suv. I directed traffic while his feet dangled out into the lane. Ten minutes later they had the tire changed. If we had a month we wouldn’t have been able to figure out how the tools worked.

So we gave them three hundred bucks in cash and a bunch of tubes of pot gummies and they drove off like it was Xmas, likely making jokes about us

Men. Not men.
This post deserves mention for the WC HOF. I can't stop laughing.

The part about looking on YouTube for how to change a tire on an Escalade is epic stuff.
Reminds me of when I was out cycling with a group of ~20 riders - all triathletes, which generally meant most were clueless about how to do anything with a bike other than pedal (for some, even that could be challenging).

We were near the end of the ride and guy gets a flat. So we all stop and are just taking a break while he was going about changing his tube. I knew he was in trouble when he pulled out a CO2 cartridge to fill the spare tube. He just stared at the cartridge, turning it round in his hand. It became clear that all he had in his pack were some CO2 cartridges. He never bought the inflator that you attach to the end of the cartridge and the tube stem in order get the CO2 from the cartridge into the tube! It's the equivalent of driving around a car with a spare tire in the trunk but no jack.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
Reminds me of when I was out cycling with a group of ~20 riders - all triathletes, which generally meant most were clueless about how to do anything with a bike other than pedal (for some, even that could be challenging).

We were near the end of the ride and guy gets a flat. So we all stop and are just taking a break while he was going about changing his tube. I knew he was in trouble when he pulled out a CO2 cartridge to fill the spare tube. He just stared at the cartridge, turning it round in his hand. It became clear that all he had in his pack were some CO2 cartridges. He never bought the inflator that you attach to the end of the cartridge and the tube stem in order get the CO2 from the cartridge into the tube! It's the equivalent of driving around a car with a spare tire in the trunk but no jack.
That is me with these fancy new bikes. I stare and blink and then say “whelp, guess we’re driving.”

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Noodle
The part about looking on YouTube for how to change a tire on an Escalade is epic stuff.

About changing a tire.

Recently got a call from my 56 year old son to take him to the hospital emergency room. He was in too much pain to drive. A trip which soon required a partial leg amputation.

About a half a block from his house I noticed we had a flat tire. Went into action only to find out I couldn't remove the tire lugs. My son crawled to my aid and loosened the lugs. Having accomplished this, was able to attach the donut.

Will never forget our tire replacement event as it will always be a fond memory of all the times we did things together as a team.

Speaking of I’ve been watching the Tour de France show on Netflix. Amazing stuff.

Reactions: Noodle
About changing a tire.

Recently got a call from my 56 year old son to take him to the hospital emergency room. He was in too much pain to drive. A trip which soon required a partial leg amputation.

About a half a block from his house I noticed we had a flat tire. Went into action only to find out I couldn't remove the tire lugs. My son crawled to my aid and loosened the lugs. Having accomplished this, was able to attach the donut.

Will never forget our tire replacement event as it will always be a fond memory of all the times we did things together as a team.
Damn, hoot. Sorry to hear this about your son.

Reactions: NPT and larsIU
Being a man means;
Opening a door for a lady to be polite, but waiting to check her out until the last 5 seconds that she notices that you’re checking her out. Your not being a perv, you’re building her self confidence.

Smiling and telling a lady she looks beautiful, without expecting to be slapped for it, although he knows today there’s a 65% chance he gets slapped for being xenophobic.

Sets in a lawn chair, along the interstate, drinking a beer, in flip flops while coaching his Metro best buddy how to change a flat tire.

Gets his tired ass up every morning and goes to work, no matter what was amputated at last night horseshoe match.

Eats meat. Medium raw! Ish.

Swears to kick the ass of anyone that offends his moderately mentally deranged female partner, no matter how normally female deranged she is to start with.

Goes through swing choir hair dressing trying for his daughter, that inevitably hates him from age 13-24 no matter what! And keeps the diploma as an heirloom.

He cuts off a finger and fixes it with a shop rag and electrical tape.

That’s just a pin prick of being a man.

Seems like it’s harder to be a masculine man these days, particularly if you are a liberal.

A liberal woman laments her difficulty in finding a masculine liberal man. It’s not hard to figure out why. Amongst the wreckage left in the wake of the modern progressive movement is the take down of traditions, including traditional male and female roles. Yes, there really are differences between the sexes. Toxic femininity is as bad as toxic masculinity. The problem is that femininity is more stylish and it’s adverse effects are seeping into education, culture, business, and life.

define "masculine man" as you see it, so i'll know what the heck you're talking about..

Being a man means;
Opening a door for a lady to be polite, but waiting to check her out until the last 5 seconds that she notices that you’re checking her out. Your not being a perv, you’re building her self confidence.

Smiling and telling a lady she looks beautiful, without expecting to be slapped for it, although he knows today there’s a 65% chance he gets slapped for being xenophobic.

Sets in a lawn chair, along the interstate, drinking a beer, in flip flops while coaching his Metro best buddy how to change a flat tire.

Gets his tired ass up every morning and goes to work, no matter what was amputated at last night horseshoe match.

Eats meat. Medium raw! Ish.

Swears to kick the ass of anyone that offends his moderately mentally deranged female partner, no matter how normally female deranged she is to start with.

Goes through swing choir hair dressing trying for his daughter, that inevitably hates him from age 13-24 no matter what! And keeps the diploma as an heirloom.

He cuts off a finger and fixes it with a shop rag and electrical tape.

That’s just a pin prick of being a man.
Oh,

Crosses his legs at 90 degrees, not damn near parallel.

Never wears a bow tie

Or a sweater

Picks up the pretend phone call from his daughter/ Gran daughter/ the neighbors kid or that crazy bitch he’s married too, without sending it to voicemail.

I noticed when I was cleaning out my 2003 Pilot with 387,500 miles that I have never, even once, had to use the emergency spare. No flats in 21 years. Amazing. I am sure I never came close to that before.

I used to change my oil but will likely give that up for good since the new car came with free oil changes for 2 years. I still mow and maintain my own yard, trim trees, use a chainsaw. I fix everything reasonable (mower, washer, dryer, fridge, dishwasher, simple car repairs, bikes, etc). I know my way around a wood shop and have built a porch swing, a tripod support for a hammock chair, and a futon frame in the past year alone.

I manage all of my investments.

I think I am doing fairly well in the man card department
Your other ID is McNutt, isn't it?

Oh,

Crosses his legs at 90 degrees, not damn near parallel.

Never wears a bow tie

Or a sweater

Picks up the pretend phone call from his daughter/ Gran daughter/ the neighbors kid or that crazy bitch he’s married too, without sending it to voicemail.

What do you have against bow ties?

Reactions: UncleMark
So, you do the Rob Petrie sartorial thing at home - dress pants, cardigan, button-down shirt and a tie?
Usual fall/winter attire when not at work = jeans/hoodie/sneakers
Honey we have to go to "fill in the blank of something i don't want to do" fall/winter attire = jeans/CARDIGAN/loafers.

Same Jeans. Usually same tshirt.

I haven't worn a tie in over a year. That may change soon though......dammit.

Honey we have to go to "fill in the blank of something i don't want to do" fall/winter attire = jeans/CARDIGAN/loafers.

I have about a hundred ties. Now only wear a tie one time a year, when we go to a childhood brain cancer charity event. Guess it’s time to auction off the lot. But I’m going to keep the IU, Golden Retriever, Guinness and Santa ties.

I almost never wear jeans anymore. They just aren’t comfy. Suit pants lululemon pants or soccer training pants.

Wow. Is there any better example of a liberal failing the manhood test than Hickory’s giggling emojis?

A strong male response to my, or any, post would be
1. Agreement
2. Disagreement
3. STFU.

The need to say something, and that something be an emoji is decidedly not masculine. Hickory frequently proves the point.

You think your idiotic posts deserve more than a laughing emoji?

Naw, there's no point in a back and forth with some on here so their idiocy gets an emoji.

If not part of a tux, I just can’t stand them. It just screams pompous academic pussy with a superiority complex.
Not sure why, but that is just how they hit me.
Chicks LOVE EM!!!!! @Univee2 LL Bean Jeans are for when you are totally checked out. You can’t get p*ussy in those jeans. Good grief. That man was living in Maine and tired of his feet getting wet. So he made rubber bottoms with a soft top. Then mailed out ads to people who had hunting licenses. Sold 100 pairs. All 100 he made. 90 were returned as defective. He fixed his product, refunded the money, and shipped them out for free. Guy basically created a new product, mail order catalogs, and no questions asked refunds

Men. Not men.
I have a similar story back when I was in college. I went up to Broadripple with some friends to see a show. After the show and a few more drinks, we stopped by HotBox Pizza. While waiting for our pizza, someone broke one of the soda dispensers so soda was spraying everywhere with no end in sight. Everyone just kind of looked at it and said that sucks, not my problem. But one guy grabbed a cup, placed it over the spraying soda dispenser, and fixed the problem.

My friend started a slow clap and everyone else joined in with a drunken clap and cheer. One girl walked up to the hero in this story, took off her shirt, kissed him, and said take me home. This led to several girls fighting over the soda hero. He took a drink from the soda cup used to save the day and said, "No need to fight. I have enough pizza for all of us."

Now you're probably asking whatever happened to this manly hero. Well, he's the one sharing this story with you.

(this is a true story up to the "one girl..." part)

I have a similar story back when I was in college. I went up to Broadripple with some friends to see a show. After the show and a few more drinks, we stopped by HotBox Pizza. While waiting for our pizza, someone broke one of the soda dispensers so soda was spraying everywhere with no end in sight. Everyone just kind of looked at it and said that sucks, not my problem. But one guy grabbed a cup, placed it over the spraying soda dispenser, and fixed the problem.

My friend started a slow clap and everyone else joined in with a drunken clap and cheer. One girl walked up to the hero in this story, took off her shirt, kissed him, and said take me home. This led to several girls fighting over the soda hero. He took a drink from the soda cup used to save the day and said, "No need to fight. I have enough pizza for all of us."

Now you're probably asking whatever happened to this manly hero. Well, he's the one sharing this story with you.

(this is a true story up to the "one girl..." part)
Fantastic!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT