ADVERTISEMENT

A New Birth Of Freedom - Do We Need One?

I hate to side with Bloom on anything, but it's no loss to the WC. Brad was a loss.
DANC never mother F’d anyone. He posted content. Some didn’t like it. He’s a grandpa and a big iu guy. Hell hooky is friends with him. Shitter writes Danc’d in his posts and is one of the dumbest humans I’ve ever encountered. Anyway it was wrong.

And fwiw I think you are a fair mod

DANC never mother F’d anyone. He posted content. Some didn’t like it. He’s a grandpa and a big iu guy. Hell hooky is friends with him. Shitter writes Danc’d in his posts and is one of the dumbest humans I’ve ever encountered. Anyway it was wrong.

I will add Goat is fair.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Agreed. Just like if you think teaching the bad parts of history makes you feel guilty for being white, that's on you.
Nothing about history will make me feel guilty. But, that is a different question than whether those who write or teach history try to pin past white sins on white people alive today.

History is washed by ideology. That’s obvious. Today our ideology, particularly, leftist ideology, is heavily influenced by race.

But when race becomes inconvenient, even the Democrats whitewash race. The last conspicuous racist President was FDR. The historians rate him among the best presidents ever, and we even built a monument to him . Many schools and public places are named for him. You have defended him saying that his good outweighs his racism. That is a decent argument. I think our FF’s and others should be seen in the same light. They aren't. Race is relevant only to many historians to advance a current narrative of victims and oppression. . That’s my point.

Nothing about history will make me feel guilty. But, that is a different question than whether those who write or teach history try to pin past white sins on white people alive today.

History is washed by ideology. That’s obvious. Today our ideology, particularly, leftist ideology, is heavily influenced by race.

But when race becomes inconvenient, even the Democrats whitewash race. The last conspicuous racist President was FDR. The historians rate him among the best presidents ever, and we even built a monument to him . Many schools and public places are named for him. You have defended him saying that his good outweighs his racism. That is a decent argument. I think our FF’s and others should be seen in the same light. They aren't. Race is relevant only to many historians to advance a current narrative of victims and oppression. . That’s my point.
Your point is that when the left does it you're a victim and when the right does it, it's all in Zeke's head.

The Declaration was a product of negotiations and compromise. The choice was not this Deckaration or a different one. The choice was this Declaration or none at all. Slavery would have continued with either choice. There is no “however”.
That's kind of part of the issue. I agree with their assessment of kicking the can down the road, but it still deserves criticism and understanding by those who don't agree with it. Whether or not it was controversial on a mainstream level in real time doesn't mean it can't be reevaluated today or going forward.

Exactly. The Declaration was the beginning of the end of slavery. I attended a lecture last fall where the lecturer said slavery in the US ended with the 13th Amendment. That’s false in part. He was educated in the 80’s.
I was educated in the 80's. (Unless you mean college, then I'd say early 90's.)

As a single statement sure. It took enough erosion in the North by abolitionists to get the ball rolling where there was enough political power to get rid of it. Then again, there were probably still more Northern voices calling for war over secession than slavery. Even with Lincoln, whom we all know by now was more interested in preserving the union than ending slavery. He ran on being against its expansion.

I'd want to hear the rest of the lecture.

Not unlike taking an essay test, context matters.

Damn there goes my moderator of the year award.

Following me around from topic to topic and calling me out on others. He had posts pulled by other mods, was banned from a topic by another mod.

All over me deleting a post of which he altered what I said and replied to it. Just deleted it. No admonishment. There was a pretty good discussion going on at that point too, but it was hijack by Dan's verbal diarrhea.
Thought this was the ‘Water Cooler’?

Reactions: DANC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT