ADVERTISEMENT

Should Government Strive For The Happiness of Individuals? If So, How?

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
So at the same time Roe is getting ditched in favor of state political processes, and a local judge is enjoining a new Kentucky statute based on state Constitutional rights, and Thuh Ahia State University is trade-marking thuh word the, CSPAN3 puts up a lecture from an Ahia State history prof about state constitutions at the time of the American Revolution

Interesting early point, thuh great political thinkers of the revolutionary day put most of their efforts at political experimentation into the state constitutions. The federal crap was “slap a framework together - the national government is a sideshow”.

Watch. Ponder. “What do we want a government to be, do, look like?”

Slavery gave the Lincoln generation a partial do-over on these issues.
Looks like abortion is gonna give us a couple.

So what’s harder? Amending a Constitution with or without civil war?

Its interesting no one wants to Spend an hour watching/commenting on a lecture that is so relevant to the Roe debate. Maybe we’re scared our pre-conceived opinions will get challenged.

Back to the future!

Last edited:
So at the same time Roe is getting ditched in favor of state political processes, and a local judge is enjoining a new Kentucky statute based on state Constitutional rights, and Thuh Ahia State University is trade-marking thuh word the, CSPAN3 puts up a lecture from an Ahia State history prof about state constitutions at the time of the American Revolution

Interesting early point, thuh great political thinkers of the revolutionary day put most of their efforts at political experimentation into the state constitutions. The federal crap was “slap a framework together - the national government is a sideshow”.

Watch. Ponder. “What do we want a government to be, do, look like?”

Slavery gave the Lincoln generation a partial do-over on these issues.
Looks like abortion is gonna give us a couple.

So what’s harder? Amending a Constitution with or without civil war?

Its interesting no one wants to Spend an hour watching/commenting on a lecture that is so relevant to the Roe debate. Maybe we’re scared our pre-conceived opinions will get challenged.

Back to the future!
Just saying - one of the best lectures in years on C3, despite Thuh Ahia State connection.

You misspelled “football factory”
There's a law prof at IU. Bethel. Who went there for undergrad and law. They lost a big game and someone wrote on the chalkboard: Ohio State Sucks. He walked in, glanced at it, and mumbled: "A community of scholars"

Guy was fantastic. At the end of exams he was walking around collecting all the little notebooks you write in and some kid goes "when do you think we'll get the grades." And without looking he goes: "No idea. My kid left for college so I have no clue who will grade them."

You look back and realize how out of it so many of the profs were but he would have killed it litigating and trying cases

There's a law prof at IU. Bethel. Who went there for undergrad and law. They lost a big game and someone wrote on the chalkboard: Ohio State Sucks. He walked in, glanced at it, and mumbled: "A community of scholars"

Guy was fantastic. At the end of exams he was walking around collecting all the little notebooks you write in and some kid goes "when do you think we'll get the grades." And without looking he goes: "No idea. My kid left for college so I have no clue who will grade them."

You look back and realize how out of it so many of the profs were but he would have killed it litigating and trying cases
I had Bethel. But I was in a bad mood all through law school. Hated professors as a default.

He had some good lines though. “Would the dirty contract breacher in aisle 3 return the beans to your cart and proceed to check out.”

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
I had Bethel. But I was in a bad mood all through law school. Hated professors as a default.

He had some good lines though. “Would the dirty contract breacher in aisle 3 return the beans to your cart and proceed to check out.”
Hilarious. There was a PETA girl who he kept giving horrible fact scenarios involving animals to for duress lol.

He must be pretty old by now. I had an old partner who had him at mizzou

Had him for Con Law. He was great.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I had Conkle
I didn't have him or bethel. Huh. Can't remember who I had. I know I bombed it tho. Bethel gave me an A- in trial process. First A I got. And then the evidence guy gave me an A in law and psych. Can't remember his name. He was kind of funny tho. Said he took the bar and Tax was on it. He had never taken a tax course nor studied for it for the bar but he just "felt his way through it" lmao.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT