ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

So you equate Woodson to a G league coach even though he was an NBA head coach. Got it.
Dicky V was an NBA coach as well. IU didn't hire a coach who the NBA was still wanting. Teams hired him as a coach.......but after insufficient success those same teams then fired him. Right? Even in a league where coaches are recycled over and over and over again, he wasn't able to get back to a HC role. It's a great accomplishment to get there but its not a confirmation that one is a good coach unless they stay there.

Reactions: ulrey
Dicky V was an NBA coach as well. IU didn't hire a coach who the NBA was still wanting. Teams hired him as a coach.......but after insufficient success those same teams then fired him. Right? Even in a league where coaches are recycled over and over and over again, he wasn't able to get back to a HC role. It's a great accomplishment to get there but its not a confirmation that one is a good coach unless they stay there.
With his one glass eye 👁️

Well if the G-League coach is Nick Nurse or Darvin Ham sure maybe. They were G-League coaches. A few of the current NBA coaches were G-League coaches. The Minny coach. The OKC coach. Even those that do not become head coaches in NBA have an NBA background. Do you think the there is an iron curtain between a G-League coach and the coach of the NBA affiliate such that they are not working together to develop players.. Some of these players will go back and forth between NBA and G-League. Del Harris coached the Frisco Legends which are the Mavs affiliate and that was after he had a successful career as an NBA coach.

It is about TJD has it together and will work hard to succeed no matter who coaches them not about Woody.
My position is simply that the NBA coaches are better than G league coaches. Woodson was an NBA head coach because he is good at developing players.

Thats easy, look at Indiana's record. lol They didn't make the tournament, got smoked multiple times throughout the season, including the last game of their season. He was even boo'd on occasion. You got any other brain busters?

Adam Sandler Adult Humor GIF
Nice, you got me.

Reactions: YOTHN
Dinosaurs? You mean like Edey who was Purdue's entire reason for success the last 2 years.
Going to be a bit harder for smith this coming season. Won’t be doubling the post or drop coverage handicaps. Smith won’t get that elbow jumper. They have the Boilers anywhere from 3rd to 11th early. I’m not so confident in that or them having us so high. I do believe it will be Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers as pre-season top 3 in the B1G
Don't over look MSU ... they may have under-performed last year but he has a good experienced core, some younger guys that should improve and a good class coming in. UCLA depending on how this off season goes, may also be in that top group. He had a very young team last year .. but a lot of talent.

Rutgers currently has too many glaring question marks to considered a contender at this time.

Purdue will be there due to last years hype but that will be a completely different team and like everyone is pointing out their mid major backcourt is in for a huge adjustment. How that adjustment goes will determine if they stay or not..
i should’ve said “those” 3 will be ranked and pre-season picks. Not sure msu will be but things change quickly in these few weeks.

Reactions: HowaboutaFresca
So since he was not able to retire as an NBA head coach, he is not a good coach?

Last edited:
I hate to admit it but Purdue has been alot better the last ten years. Now this upcoming season I do think they will be more of a middle of the pack team and Indiana should be a top 3 team for sure.
I see Purdue at the top again, still have size, started 3 sophomores in the final four, Heide, Colvin, Catchings, Harris and Cox are all athletes that can shoot! Plus Painter is probably the best coach in the league! I really like Michigan, if they get Goldin they are going to be really good, and Dusty is one hell of a coach. I really like Ohio St., Diebler is going to be good, could use a big. Maryland if their guard play comes around, their front court may be the best in BT. Indiana could be good if they can shoot the 3. IUs front court needs to add a big(is the squad really better any than 22-23?)!

Last edited:
So since he was not able to retire as an NBA head coach, he is not a good coach?
Of course not. Where did I mention him not being able to retire? I said he wasn't wanted by anyone in the NBA. That is the problem, not his ability or inability to retire. This really isn't as hard as you want to make it out to be.

Of course not. Where did I mention him not being able to retire? I said he wasn't wanted by anyone in the NBA. That is the problem, not his ability or inability to retire. This really isn't as hard as you want to make it out to be.
You are either fired from a job or retire from a job. He was a head coach for two different teams. Where did you hear that he was not wanted by anyone in the NBA?

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
You are either fired from a job or retire from a job. He was a head coach for two different teams. Where did you hear that he was not wanted by anyone in the NBA?
Exactly. He was fired. Are you claiming that NBA teams wanted him?

Maybe IU should try to have a winning record in this century in the Big Ten before talking smack!
It is much easier putting rsomm alias Bozo the Clown on ignore. You all should try it. It will bring back some sanity to this board.

Why do you suppose Leal & Galloway waited so long to announce their return? You don’t think any of the players were contemplating entering the portal, or you know they weren’t? Can you share your sources please or are you just making up a bunch of bs? Does the fact that Fatjohns was disgruntled mean all of his reporting is false? So many questions for your definitive statements that you have presented as fact.
Leal and Galloway wanted to make big splashes at Senior Day? Just a guess.

Reactions: nichlee
Purdues best season ever, matches what IU did during an above mediocre year in what....2002? Congrats? What you celebrate, we try to forget. That should tell you everything.

You’re really going back to our 2002 team? We don’t need to “try” to forget… it was 22 years ago. Most of us are too young to remember or too old and can’t remember.

What are talking about, Purdue has been to 5 sweet 16's the last ten years, missed the tournament 1 year because, well the tournament got canceled! IU has what been there 3 times, and 1 of those was
as a 17 seed! Purdue has lost 91 games in the last 10 years, IU 136!
FDU

Reactions: YOTHN
You really have put the Banner hanging people out of business, haven't you!
The banner hanging people were replaced by attorneys negotiating and drawing up the multiple buyout contracts every few years. Because IU fans are so demanding and have high standards, as stated on here multiple times.

You're a PU fan, we get it already. Let it go.

Hardly. I’m not a Purdue hater like many of you but I’m certainly not a fan. I do appreciate how they want to build a program with in-state high school kids and don’t have multiple transfers each year.

We’ve have to learn a roster full of new players each year since Woodson got here. Hate that college basketball has turned into rent a player in the hopes of buying championships.

Hardly. I’m not a Purdue hater like many of you but I’m certainly not a fan. I do appreciate how they want to build a program with in-state high school kids and don’t have multiple transfers each year.

We’ve have to learn a roster full of new players each year since Woodson got here. Hate that college basketball has turned into rent a player in the hopes of buying championships.
But you are. It's literally become your personality. It's quite evident. Purdue had 2 transfers, IU had 3. Give it a rest.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
But you are. It's literally become your personality. It's quite evident. Purdue had 2 transfers, IU had 3. Give it a rest.
Really! Purdues players got their 4 years in, in fact Gillis was at Purdue for 5 years. They knew they were leaving prior to start of last year. IU on the other had to make room in the shopping cart so they showed 2 sophomores and a junior the exit door! I mean why would they leave because of the NIL that they were getting. Transferring for your covid year vs the need to boot players so you can buy yourself a competitive product, is total different. Hope it works out for ya$$$$!

Really! Purdues players got their 4 years in, in fact Gillis was at Purdue for 5 years. They knew they were leaving prior to start of last year. IU on the other had to make room in the shopping cart so they showed 2 sophomores and a junior the exit door! I mean why would they leave because of the NIL that they were getting. Transferring for your covid year vs the need to boot players so you can buy yourself a competitive product, is total different. Hope it works out for ya$$$$!
Cmon now. You think Painter was jumping at adding in state Gunn and Sparks to the roster? I'd be worried too if Purdue was reloading with the top transfer class. Give it a few seasons and we'll see what Puke fans are saying about boosters giving money. Until then, your drivel is only welcome in relief when the board needs a jesters entertainment.

Cmon now. You think Painter was jumping at adding in state Gunn and Sparks to the roster? I'd be worried too if Purdue was reloading with the top transfer class. Give it a few seasons and we'll see what Puke fans are saying about boosters giving money. Until then, your drivel is only welcome in relief when the board needs a jesters entertainment.
You drinking?

Morning COMICS, Purdue is hanging all kind of banners, BT Champions, BTT Champions, Final 4, all kinds of trophies in the trophy case! IU = NOTHING, but go back and talk about when dinosaurs roamed the earth!
Total BS! The dinosaurs were long gone the last time the Hoosiers were contenders,

Haha I am loving this jealousy. Keep crying.

Purdue is doing it the “right way.” The media and officials were in support of their run. They made it to the championship game. Yet still no peace for Boilers. There is nothing else anyone can do for you guys. If you want respect, you have to stand on your own and win titles. There is no other way.

Purdue had zero players transfer in. Their two dudes who are playing elsewhere graduated and will be playing their fifth and sixth years as grad transfers. Huge difference. We had six transfers using your math counting ins and outs.

I want to actually know who is paying basketball for my university and feel like they’re going to be around longer than 9 months. We have no idea what our rosters looks like in 2025. None.

Are you even an alumnus? You feel like this “rent a player” strategy builds any connection with the university?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Purdue had zero players transfer in. Their two dudes who are playing elsewhere graduated and will be playing their fifth and sixth years as grad transfers. Huge difference. We had six transfers using your math counting ins and outs.

I want to actually know who is paying basketball for my university and feel like they’re going to be around longer than 9 months. We have no idea what our rosters looks like in 2025. None.

Are you even an alumnus? You feel like this “rent a player” strategy builds any connection with the university?
Lol Lance Jones didnt transfer in?

You don't know who plays for IU? What kind of fan are you, a true one?

None? Everyone with eligibility who doesn't go pro will probably be back -- and MM/MR/Tucker are fairly likely to not go pro yet given NIL is pretty appealing vs. a two-way contract (not sure any of those guys look like guaranteed $ in the NBA). We only have two one-year rentals in Ballo and Goode.

We aren't bringing in many one-year rentals, and I don't see much difference b/t a high school kid and a transfer with multiple years of eligibility left. The high school kids can bolt just like the transfers.

For me personally, one season is enough for me to be a fan of a player. I will always remember how JHS played and what he did to Purdue. I keep up with him on the Lakers.

Y

That was with Edey. Everyone wants to talk about Painter and PU as if the Edey years are the way it has always been and always will be. He was a once in a lifetime player that brought winning and stability to the program. Edey is gone. The winning will be less as will the year to year roster stability.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT