ADVERTISEMENT

According to a well connected fan on another site…

Hard to say until the NBA shows what they think. Per you. But you are wrong on existing outside of 5 feet. He will probably show off more range shooting wise in the NBA. He just doesn’t need to at Purdue. But, like you’ve said, we just don’t know until we see what the NBA says.
The NBA showed that Edey was going 2nd round at best and might not have been drafted last year: thus, back to the minors. Edey is a lumbering big man, and you think he's going to magically start creating his own shot off the dribble and shooting jumpers in the NBA? Obviously, you don't watch much NBA or know what you are talking about: just stop.

Reactions: Mobes
The NBA showed that Edey was going 2nd round at best and might not have been drafted last year: thus, back to the minors. Edey is a lumbering big man, and you think he's going to magically start creating his own shot off the dribble and shooting jumpers in the NBA? Obviously, you don't watch much NBA or know what you are talking about: just stop.
I looked a couple days ago, one site had him at 35, another had fim in the 40s. One page I was looking at was speculating that Miami might take him at 18. If you go in to read their reasoning for that, they basically say it's a real roll of the dice taking him that high.

I looked a couple days ago, one site had him at 35, another had fim in the 40s. One page I was looking at was speculating that Miami might take him at 18. If you go in to read their reasoning for that, they basically say it's a real roll of the dice taking him that high.
There's a good chance somebody would take him in the 2nd round. I would be very surprised if Edey went 1st round. I would also be very surprised if he sticks around very long.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Why couldn’t Edey catch and shoot 3’s in the NBA?

TJD wasn’t good enough for the NBA and had to come back to iu as well. Guess what that year did for him. And he has gone to the NBA and continued to develop. Edey will do the same. You keep using Edey coming back like it’s a negative….

Jokic went round 2 as a slow big man that averaged 10 points in a Serbian league. Bet you thought he’d never make it as well… point is, you have no idea. Like you said.

Why couldn’t Edey catch and shoot 3’s in the NBA?

TJD wasn’t good enough for the NBA and had to come back to iu as well. Guess what that year did for him. And he has gone to the NBA and continued to develop. Edey will do the same. You keep using Edey coming back like it’s a negative….

Jokic went round 2 as a slow big man that averaged 10 points in a Serbian league. Bet you thought he’d never make it as well… point is, you have no idea. Like you said.
You are expecting a slow, lumbering big man that never dribbles, never shoots, never creates his shot off the dribble, and can't guard or really do anything outside of 5 feet to magically transform into something totally different in the majors? Good luck with that. How is that working out for Tacko Fall or Isaac Haas?

The athleticism of TJD is a night and day difference from that of Edey, and TJD isn't playing a totally different game from what he played in college. They don't slow things down for you in the NBA, they speed it up. Don't even bring up Jokic: awful argument.

You are expecting a slow, lumbering big man that never dribbles, never shoots, never creates his shot off the dribble, and can't guard or really do anything outside of 5 feet to magically transform into something totally different in the majors? Good luck with that. How is that working out for Tacko Fall or Isaac Haas?

The athleticism of TJD is a night and day difference from that of Edey, and TJD isn't playing a totally different game from what he played in college. They don't slow things down for you in the NBA, they speed it up. Don't even bring up Jokic: awful argument.
Where are you seeing Edey can’t do anything from outside of 5 ft? I haven’t seen him show he can’t.

Jokic isn’t a terrible argument. If he was ready for the NBA, he’d have gone #1

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Where are you seeing Edey can’t do anything from outside of 5 ft? I haven’t seen him show he can’t.

Jokic isn’t a terrible argument. If he was ready for the NBA, he’d have gone #1
His entire game is hanging out 5 feet from the bucket. He looks like a fish out of water whenever he isn't. So, you believe he will soon thrive in the NBA outside of 5 ft? Jesus Christ.

Jokic was MVP and won a title. Jokic is a savant. You are putting Jokic and Edey in the same sentence?!? Jesus Christ.

I think we're at the point where I am dumber just from engaging in this conversation. Have a nice weekend.

His entire game is hanging out 5 feet from the bucket. He looks like a fish out of water whenever he isn't. So, you believe he will soon thrive in the NBA outside of 5 ft? Jesus Christ.

Jokic was MVP and won a title. Jokic is a savant. You are putting Jokic and Edey in the same sentence?!? Jesus Christ.

I think we're at the point where I am dumber just from engaging in this conversation. Have a nice weekend.
Your inane, Purdue obsessed personage is indeed difficult to be made dumber.
This I know because Jesus told me so.

Need better talent evaluators. It seems all the good players ranked by Fatjohns and our staff are atrocious.

Who have been the good Indiana players last 5 years? Besides smith, has there been any good ones? I honestly don’t know.
What we desperately need and have lacked since Bob is the Chicago pipeline back AND the best in-state talent

Well, more like Big Bro on his own choices, broke his legs, broke his own arm, stabbed himself in the heart, surviving, but family is seriously worried about his mental competence.

And lil bro was only barely better. But at least won't be committed.
So we agree that it takes IU being a complete goddamn dumpster fire in order for PU to be barely better…all while PU has a million times the stability.

There's a good chance somebody would take him in the 2nd round. I would be very surprised if Edey went 1st round. I would also be very surprised if he sticks around very long.
Wouldn’t that be some shit? Two time college PoY and might not go first round.

Edey will be able to play in the pros under the right coach. Won't be a star. But he's coordinated for how huge he is. Uwe Blab even played a few years and Edey isn't quite that slow.

Would be but he will not his ego will keep him here no doubt. The only way he ever leaves is if they agree to pay him a ton of money to leave but they will never ever fire him.
Nonsense he will be terminated by the end of next season. Too much pressure from donors and fans nationwide.

Reactions: Vern Pain
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT