ADVERTISEMENT

You tell 'em Victor!

I knew as soon as I read this article some would fly to the board to shout from the mountain top. So predictable. I hope to see this development this year. Sorry if I'm a little pessimistic. Haven't seen any since VO left
So, just to be clear, when you say "some" you are talking about the anti-CTC crowd right? The post was barely up and there they are.

Crean reminds me of Gen. George McClellan. Trained a army. Couldn't do anything with it. Training is only part of the equation.

Wouldn't that be the majority of the IU fan base? I haven't talked with any IU fans who think Crean is a good coach and has done a good job at IU.
I just don't get the constant hijacking of threads. Positive posts don't stand a chance here. It's a forum, I get it. I can ignore your negative threads, but then you and others always hijack the positive ones. There are indeed things I'm not pleased with about the team. I'm still hoping CTC will get himself a good bench coach. Glass maybe was premature with the extension. But I also believe early departures, have hamstrung the program to a degree. I choose to have a glass half full, look forward to the season, and hope for the best. It looks like it's going to be a good season.

I just don't get the constant hijacking of threads. Positive posts don't stand a chance here. It's a forum, I get it. I can ignore your negative threads, but then you and others always hijack the positive ones. There are indeed things I'm not pleased with about the team. I'm still hoping CTC will get himself a good bench coach. Glass maybe was premature with the extension. But I also believe early departures, have hamstrung the program to a degree. I choose to have a glass half full, look forward to the season, and hope for the best. It looks like it's going to be a good season.
A lot of the post on this thread have more to do with who posted it. He is not an IU fan he is a Crean fan. So its all puppies and roses in the Crean tenure...

Reactions: silvercamaro

lol...if this is the outlook from our "positive" fans...?

"hope for the best" is never an optimistic thing to say although it may sound like it. It means you aren't certain and are just trusting fate or faith.

Stop hoping and start demanding.

the negativity will stop when IU is good for awhile. amazing some of you don't get that.

Crean is why we have early departures. he was known for it at Marquette. he's known for it now. but okay -- treat him like a martyr. coooooooooool.

I knew as soon as I read this article some would fly to the board to shout from the mountain top. So predictable. I hope to see this development this year. Sorry if I'm a little pessimistic. Haven't seen any since VO left

As if an article depicting Crean as a loser wouldn't have been embraced by some, and linked here as support for their opinion.

You can also say that for the anti Crean crowd when something bad happens and you know within minutes there will be post about it.

You can also say that for the anti Crean crowd when something bad happens and you know within minutes there will be post about it.

and something bad happens all the time these days, so it's totally understandable
  • losses...check
  • players leave for whatever reason...check
  • players get arrested...check
thanks god most of us aren't willing to sit on our hands like you, mr. iuscott. lol

and something bad happens all the time these days, so it's totally understandable
  • losses...check
  • players leave for whatever reason...check
  • players get arrested...check
thanks god most of us aren't willing to sit on our hands like you, mr. iuscott. lol
I was just stating to the person who said that he knew this would be posted right after reading it. It goes both ways and I am not saying either is wrong but it is so predictable. So tell me MR. Doctor what have you done to to get something done with the coaching situation that has made any difference. It seems like the constant bashing of Crean and all the negative post has not worked because Crean is still here so tell me what have you actually done that makes any difference.

I was just stating to the person who said that he knew this would be posted right after reading it. It goes both ways and I am not saying either is wrong but it is so predictable. So tell me MR. Doctor what have you done to to get something done with the coaching situation that has made any difference. It seems like the constant bashing of Crean and all the negative post has not worked because Crean is still here so tell me what have you actually done that makes any difference.

I've voiced my opinion. no need to thank me! I do it for the love of IU! or do you think Glass wears boo cancelling hearing aids when he's at games?

he's gone after his next bad season (in general or vs expectations) and that will be one of the next two. our job will be done. lol. and you'll have a new coach to follow blindly :)

I've voiced my opinion. no need to thank me! I do it for the love of IU! or do you think Glass wears boo cancelling hearing aids when he's at games?

he's gone after his next bad season (in general or vs expectations) and that will be one of the next two. our job will be done. lol. and you'll have a new coach to follow blindly :)
I will follow this program no matter who the coach is and root for them to win every game like I always do. I will get upset when we lose but will move on to the next game and if more people would do this and realize that sports are not life or death then more would enjoy the sport for what it is and that is entertainment.

Reactions: stollcpa

I will follow this program no matter who the coach is and root for them to win every game like I always do. I will get upset when we lose but will move on to the next game and if more people would do this and realize that sports are not life or death then more would enjoy the sport for what it is and that is entertainment.

lol. who said it is life or death? who is treating it that way? these are folks talking crap on posting boards. just so happens that 85% of us want a better coach. I see no one jumping off bridges.

it's not wrong to want IU to be good. why do you and apologists thinks so?

lol. who said it is life or death? who is treating it that way? these are folks talking crap on posting boards. just so happens that 85% of us want a better coach. I see no one jumping off bridges.

it's not wrong to want IU to be good. why do you and apologists thinks so?
We all want IU to be better and have a better coach but some can handle adversity better and not have to go to message boards and rip the coach every day even during the off season.

Reactions: stollcpa
We all want IU to be better and have a better coach but some can handle adversity better and not have to go to message boards and rip the coach every day even during the off season.

handle adversity? hahahaha. wow, I think you're the one taking this a bit seriously. your fav team being down is not adversity. you are a real gamer, IU Scott. lol

you condone mediocrity. the powers that be are mostly certainly concerned with the thoughts and feelings of IU nation. you know that corporations spend millions trolling posting boards to gauge and influence the standing of their brands, right? you don't think IU does that?

you are so out of touch. not even funny. but thanks for the Friday laughs.

handle adversity? hahahaha. wow, I think you're the one taking this a bit seriously. your fav team being down is not adversity. you are a real gamer, IU Scott. lol

you condone mediocrity. the powers that be are mostly certainly concerned with the thoughts and feelings of IU nation. you know that corporations spend millions trolling posting boards to gauge and influence the standing of their brands, right? you don't think IU does that?

you are so out of touch. not even funny. but thanks for the Friday laughs.
Again how is all that you are doing working out for you because the last time I checked Crean is still the coach so whatever you are doing is not working.

Fellas...this season will be it for Crean. Its put up or shut up time....if he doesn't win this year he will be gone.

Fellas...this season will be it for Crean. Its put up or shut up time....if he doesn't win this year he will be gone.
So funny... You have said this each of the last two years and you were wrong... But I hear your wishful thinking :D

the negativity will stop when IU is good for awhile. amazing some of you don't get that.

Crean is why we have early departures. he was known for it at Marquette. he's known for it now. but okay -- treat him like a martyr. coooooooooool.
Crean is the reason 3 players left to be early entry top 10 NBA draft picks? Is that what you are saying? I bet not. That is what I'm saying. Had those players stayed around and Elston and Creek been healthy, I think most of the negativity would be gone. It would certainly get less traction. I don't like the "Creanings" either. But they would be less controversial if our top recruits were staying 3-4 years and other key players stayed healthy.

So funny... You have said this each of the last two years and you were wrong... But I hear your wishful thinking :D
only reason he isn't gone is because if the freaking buyout. It's not because he has done a good job since he has been here. If you can't see that the program has been a mess since Zeller left then you are blind

I wish we could clone Victor. And every three years just replace him with another clone of himself until the end of time. Just like the movie "The Island." Or maybe two... or three.

Reactions: Dr. Brule
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT