ADVERTISEMENT

South Dakota has 900,000 people and 3.5 million cows.

You betcha! My brother-in-law and his daughter have to have ketchup for their Thansgiving dinners. No shit.

I like my steak just a little bit above medium. It can have some pink, but no blood. Somewhere between medium and medium well. But no one knows how to do medium well except Janko's. I've given up on places like Ruth's Crist because They. Just. Don't. Get. It. And I'm scared to send my steak back because I know the cook will jizz all over it. Moody bastards.

I actually really like the chain Lone Star. They may not be a premium place, but damn, I love their steak. And in Kokomo, Texas Road House is fine dining.

I won't go back to St. Elmo's. That is some overpriced shit. Nothing like it used to be.
That’s about how I like my steak but it’s a fine line to walk and most places don’t get it right. I don’t mind a little blood in my plate when I’m done so i normally just order medium.

If I order medium well and it comes out well done, I’m just screwed. And I won’t send it back for the same reason as you, it’ll probably come back with pubes sprinkled on it.

You betcha! My brother-in-law and his daughter have to have ketchup for their Thansgiving dinners. No shit.

I like my steak just a little bit above medium. It can have some pink, but no blood. Somewhere between medium and medium well. But no one knows how to do medium well except Janko's. I've given up on places like Ruth's Crist because They. Just. Don't. Get. It. And I'm scared to send my steak back because I know the cook will jizz all over it. Moody bastards.

I actually really like the chain Lone Star. They may not be a premium place, but damn, I love their steak. And in Kokomo, Texas Road House is fine dining.

I won't go back to St. Elmo's. That is some overpriced shit. Nothing like it used to be.
If you order "saddle sore done" I bet they will get you exactly what yo want.

OR, you could just go to the gas station and get some jacks links. .. got damn man !!! :)
I'm rethinking our bromance....

Lone Star? That went bankrupt and closed everywhere years ago I thought

The founder of Outback was one of our old clients. He played polo. Made so much money selling those onion things he could import argentines to tie his shoes for him. Got so fat he couldn’t reach em.

We are particular about our steak, knock off the horns and hooves, wipe it nasty ass and chuck it on this plate !!!
giphy.gif

There should be trials. And hangings.
Oddly enough, and a VERY dark twist...... Me quoting "cowboy way" steak critics, I started searching all of my 37 GD streaming services to watch "cowboy way".... Stumbled across "the Tattooist of Auschwitz".
Holy eff.... this will be a deep deep rabbit hole.. Thanks coolerites.

They had so many clients who were billionaires. Internationals. The Bin Ladens. Celebs from Tommy Lee jokes to Burt Reynolds to race car drivers. And no shit I was like that George clooney’s Michael Clayton. But instead like a bitch. They’d forget where they left a car and I’d have to go try and find it. Keys. All kinds of shit. Like where’s Waldo. Get drunk and wreck a car. Leave it. And I’d have to try and go get it real fast

Oh shit.... yeah, that's the one. I have a block on that name, for some reason.

Thanks.
My old lady loves Longhorn. I’m ambivalent on them. Just never seems like they have a lot of options. I like a seafood option with my steak and longhorn doesn’t do anything beyond shrimp and a hideously overpriced lobster tail.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Oh shit.... yeah, that's the one. I have a block on that name, for some reason.

Thanks.

Yeah easy to mix-up. Haven't been to one of those in like 20 years probably but still seem to be going strong. Logan's is another one in that genre that's been closing up a lot of stores.

Really a lot of those casual full service chains are not doing great. Chili's, Applebee's etc seem to be closing a lot

Yeah easy to mix-up. Haven't been to one of those in like 20 years probably but still seem to be going strong. Logan's is another one in that genre that's been closing up a lot of stores.

Really a lot of those casual full service chains are not doing great. Chili's, Applebee's etc seem to be closing a lot
Is Olive Garden still around?

Reactions: DANC

Yeah, they're not nearly as popular. I think people are just tired of them. They've been around a long time.

Maybe they flourished when Boomers could take the family out for dinner and they were relatively cheap and family friendly. And I think there are more good non-chain restaurants around.

I haven't had them for a while, but those Applebee's riblets used to be my fave.

• Love
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Yeah, they're not nearly as popular. I think people are just tired of them. They've been around a long time.

Maybe they flourished when Boomers could take the family out for dinner and they were relatively cheap and family friendly. And I think there are more good non-chain restaurants around.

I haven't had them for a while, but those Applebee's riblets used to be my fave.
Riblet basket with fries. Damn right

• Love
Reactions: DANC
The never ending soup and salad is good stuff. I can make a meal out of that and the breadsticks alone.
Go to dinner for team trips. Shoney’s for breakfast. I loved OG HATED shoney’s. Some trucker’s forearm hair in the syrup reaching for the French toast sticks

Eating that shit before a noon game in sept when was 95 degrees was misery

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU and DANC
Late 90’s. Chi-Chi’s patio for two dollar margaritas pregaming a Friday night. Post college. 24.

Memories.
80s we'd go to the Chi Chi's on east 3rd for Monday night football. Free hot dogs, queso, and chips & salsa. Some kind of trivia contest where the winner got to watch the second half from a lazy boy they somehow kept there.

Is Olive Garden still around?
Oh yeah. Love Olive Garden. The best chicken Alfredo in the world.

After college I bummed around Europe for several months and stopped in Venice for a bit. One night I ordered the chicken Alfredo and got the shit look from the waiter. It sucked. Tasted like ass. I smashed two bottles of wine and met a lovely South African lady. I’m lying, she wasn’t the cutest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT