ADVERTISEMENT

You knew it was going to happen....

I say us when I'm talking about Americans, IU fans, the military and other groups I'm part of also. I don't think that's a big deal is it?
I think for white people it is. "We" usually don't talk that way. I think "we've" been trained not to think that way because it smells of actual white supremacy, as if our skin color matters and makes us the same as others who happen to have a similar amount of melatonin.

Note, I can't even type "we" here without using quotes. That's an honest hesitation.

As a result, I think many white people think black people should think the same way, and "should" be (or we want to think black people are) pushing for less affinity around skin color rather than more. I'm not saying that's fair (although it's definitely something I have a strong urge for).

I've become more "woke" about this issue, i.e. aware of the relative criticisms of "color blindness," thanks to the current anti-racism movement, so it's not all bad. (Most of it is, though ;) ).

You don't think Jack Smith is interested in winning the trial? I think that's 100 percent what he intends to do.

You can't separate this from politics but this is not about politics for me. It's refreshing to me to see a politician finally being held accountable for putting national security at risk by mishandling classified information and obstructing. No one in the military could get away with any of that. Not even the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs. I would have been happy if Hillary had been held accountable too and the Democratic Party had to replace her as the nominee.
He's crazy to think Smith doesn't want to win.

Can you remember the name of the defendant in Marcia Clark's last trial? Careers can go to hell when a prosecutor loses a major, highly-publicized case at the age of 42.

Well, we're not talking about slavery, killer. We're talking about the government taking away your rights.

You'd push a button to kill hundreds or thousands who would fight to retain their rights. I wouldn't.

That's the big difference between you and me - I don't blindly follow orders.
You just said in Post 333 "we were talking about Pompeo," and in Post 334, you say "We're talking about the government taking away your rights."

You're basically using a Gish tactic -- rattling off a bizillion different topics in a short time and then accusing your opponent of not responding to one of them.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
I've explained what I did to you and it didn't involve killing. You were the one mouthing off about killing.
So, after posting all this crap, you finally admit you didn't kill anybody either. Sad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT