Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
Congrats.

Enjoy the moment.

Moments over.

The good is past.

Now you get to see how it feels to watch it come apart ... watch em trade your guy, or not sign your guy, or watch your guy struggle.

Signed, Debbie Welcome Back to Baseball Downer

Last edited:
Congrats.

Enjoy the moment.

Moments over.

The good is past.

Now you to see how it feels to watch it come apart ... watch em trade your guy, or not sign your guy, or watch your guy struggle.

Signed, Debbie Welcome Back to Baseball Downer
Who do the Cubs have that will be free agents? There are always players that cash in on winning a title. The Cubs will have to open their checkbook eventually if they want to keep their team together.

Who do the Cubs have that will be free agents? There are always players that cash in on winning a title. The Cubs will have to open their checkbook eventually if they want to keep their team together.

Fowler and Chapman are as good as gone. Hoping the Dodgers can nab Chapman.

Not sure about anyone else.

I think Arrieta may be a free agent as well. Outside of that, I'm not sure there are any other FAs. I think the organization structured a lot of deals with next season in mind. I think that they won the WS one year ahead of schedule.

Who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if they resign Fowler, it's not like $ is an issue.

Most of the team is intact for several years.

I think Arrieta may be a free agent as well. Outside of that, I'm not sure there are any other FAs. I think the organization structured a lot of deals with next season in mind. I think that they won the WS one year ahead of schedule.

Only pitcher that's a FA is Jason Hammel.

Who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if they resign Fowler, it's not like $ is an issue.

Most of the team is intact for several years.

Yea, Cubs are gonna stay relevant for quite a while now.

I'm glad the tribe lost. If they had won, I would have had to hear how LeBron was responsible for the win. because he won a title for the "Land".

Only pitcher that's a FA is Jason Hammel.

I looked at the free agent list. The only "definite" free agents are Chapman, Joe Smith, Travis Wood, and Chris Coghlan. Hammel has a club option at $12 million. I'd expect them to pick that up.

Reactions: twenty02
I think Arrieta may be a free agent as well. Outside of that, I'm not sure there are any other FAs. I think the organization structured a lot of deals with next season in mind. I think that they won the WS one year ahead of schedule.[/QUOTE

Arieta has one more year on his contract.

JA is still under contract, but the Cubs have talked about figuring out a contract extension this summer so he won't become a FA.
I'd like to see them resign Fowler but even without him they'll have Heyward, Zobrist, Soler, Schwarber, and Almora as OF with Coughlin, Sczur, ans LaStella as utility guys/PH, spot starters.

I looked at the free agent list. The only "definite" free agents are Chapman, Joe Smith, Travis Wood, and Chris Coghlan. Hammel has a club option at $12 million. I'd expect them to pick that up.
Guess I was wrong on Hammel. Cubs declined the option. Wonder if they'll sign someone or move Mike Montgomery to the rotation from the bullpen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT