ADVERTISEMENT

Yarden Garzon IUWBB

he just made up chit with a bunch of worse case scenarios with absolutely no evidence to back it up. It's typical old white guy, Faux News/MAGA scare tactic BS about the downfall of our society.
What gator said in response to your response to me was spot on.

Besides, you didn't answer my question in any way, shape or form. I will ask again.
What do disagree with in gator's original post? Or in other words...

Do you think that quote would be allowed today?
Do you not think that Dyer would possibly be expelled?

What gator said in response to your response to me was spot on.

Besides, you didn't answer my question in any way, shape or form. I will ask again.
What do disagree with in gator's original post? Or in other words...

Do you think that quote would be allowed today?
Do you not think that Dyer would possibly be expelled?
Expelled for a quote about a rival school? Hell no. Show me an example of anything close to that having happened anywhere.

he just made up chit with a bunch of worse case scenarios with absolutely no evidence to back it up. It's typical old white guy, Faux News/MAGA scare tactic BS about the downfall of our society.
Yeah, I mean, he could almost have said that Dyer's comments would be construed as a threat to our democracy. Eh, amirite???

• Love
Reactions: ulrey
Expelled for a quote about a rival school? Hell no. Show me an example of anything close to that having happened anywhere.

Way to down play it! Well done.

First, I didn't say he would be expelled. Words matter.
So, in the PC world we live in, you think there would have been NO ramifications to that particular quote of Dyers? Are you serious?

And you just conveniently forgot to address the question if that quote would even make the paper today!

Reactions: ulrey
Back to IUWBB, I have a few worries.
I think we are good, at least top 20 and with some expected play level and minimal injuries, top 10.
I think we are under estimating the defense NCH played on opposing PGs. She harassed Kaitlin Clark (Iowa super star) to the point she almost threw the ball at her. This pressure defense on the other teams QB will be very hard to make up.
The second issue is I do not see an established PG. Parrish? Chloe? Yardon? That may be a problem.
Finally I think we are one big short for a FF run.
Regardless, this year could help re cement IU as a BB powerhouse.

Way to down play it! Well done.

First, I didn't say he would be expelled. Words matter.
So, in the PC world we live in, you think there would have been NO ramifications to that particular quote of Dyers? Are you serious?

And you just conveniently forgot to address the question if that quote would even make the paper today!
Why wouldn’t it make the paper now? The IDS isn’t beholden to anyone now any more than they were then.

if you have some real examples of what you’re suggesting would happen I’m happy to consider it but so far you’ve just offered conjecture

• Haha
Reactions: Al Bino
Back to IUWBB, I have a few worries.
I think we are good, at least top 20 and with some expected play level and minimal injuries, top 10.
I think we are under estimating the defense NCH played on opposing PGs. She harassed Kaitlin Clark (Iowa super star) to the point she almost threw the ball at her. This pressure defense on the other teams QB will be very hard to make up.
The second issue is I do not see an established PG. Parrish? Chloe? Yardon? That may be a problem.
Finally I think we are one big short for a FF run.
Regardless, this year could help re cement IU as a BB powerhouse.
While I agree that NCH was awesome on the defensive end, this years team will be much different than last years, and I am not worried as we may be better. While we will not be able to defend like in the past as NCH was a GREAT defender, and AP was very good, this group has much more length which can make up for that, and in addition, this team should shoot the ball much better than the last few, so while we may take a step back on the defensive end, we may take 2 forward on the offensive end.

We may not win games 54-48 anymore, we may need to win some 75-65 but we will be long and threats from deep and the improved shooting will make life much easier for Mak and she should be single covered most of the year unless you want to leave Scalise, Berger, or Parrish---which I do not see many wanting to do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT