ADVERTISEMENT

WTF does PU have the week off before they play us?

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
Did I miss something? Why have they already played 17 games? A whole freaking week of rest to prepare for us?? They will blow it.

• Sad
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Did I miss something? Why have they already played 17 games? A whole freaking week of rest to prepare for us?? They will blow it.
I know. Probably the same thing the Steelers were thinking in that 2005 playoff game. Thankfully the Colts used all that rest to blow them out.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Ha. Purdue covered for me today in what started out like another B10 rugby game. So did NC state. IU f*cked me so bad yesterday. I was playing with big house money and leave it to an unprepared IU team to blow what would have been a big pay day. Thanks guys.

Got some back with bama last night but damn my plan was to double all that up. Damnit

• Haha
Reactions: Cavanagh
The Colts blew more byes in the 7 team format than any franchise. Might not be the best analogy.... unless you are referring to the Steelers having a bye in 05. Not a Colts or Steelers fan. I do know Roethlisberger capitalized on playoff seeding, so just assuming it was the Colts.

If a team has extra time and wins; writers say they were rested.
If a team has extra time and loses; writers say they were rusty, timing off.
Purdue is a good team and at home. We will have to shoot well to win.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I think Indiana wins this game at Purdue.
I hope you are right, but:

They are a good team
This is their biggest game of the year by a long shot
They "owe" us
Kids that didn't get the chance to play for IU are always a threat to make us pay
We are still short handed

Reactions: destewart
It seems they've been a half game ahead of most everybody for the last several weeks, so they were due for a break to let everyone else catch up. Unfortunate it was before our game, but they've caught breaks all year in scheduling. I've accepted they are going to win the regular season title, which is an accomplishment for sure, but the uneven schedules might make the tournament a more meaningful conference title.

Reactions: InvisibleHoosier
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT